forum Forumsplay_arrow Minecraft fiber_manual_record Discussion

Anybody know of a server like this? (described in desc)

1 emerald12 replies593 views
created 10/29/2016 1:10 pm by Chris9awesome
last reply 10/30/2016 5:48 pm
Are there any servers with 20 or more people on at a time that are survival servers that you can do /gamemode on?
Posted by avatar
Chris9awesome
Level 7 : Apprentice Hunter

comment Login or register to post a reply.

12 replies

10/30/2016 5:48 pm
Level 41 : Master Poro
Midnight
10/30/2016 12:02 pm
Level 25 : Expert Blockhead
Nitwick
Hoodiniator
NitwickUnlike the others above, I do not believe the option to chose creative or survival on a server is a self-defeating purpose, and I think it lets people do what they want to do. Options.

If you let people do what they want to do, then there's no purpose in a server. Much like if you let people use creative mode on a survival server. What's the point of cutting down trees and surviving the night if you could simply use /gmc? If you want to use creative, go on SP or play on a creative server, not a survival server.

What you seem to be saying is that people can't play on a single world in whichever modes they want plus the element of player interaction. I consider that to be BS. It's a server where you can pick your mode and talk to other people. I don't see anything wrong with having such a choice, and considering how many servers there are that play the same as one another anyways, something that takes this angle could actually play differently for once.

But, again, something tells me the OP didn't make this thread to debate the merits of such a server.
10/29/2016 6:39 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Network
noctusserver
Well, you can visit Noctus. We offer Creative 120x120 plots with WorldEdit
Survival - Towns, economic, pvp, events etc.
Minigames - Skywars, Buildbattle, Survival Games, you name it!

Feel free to visit us we are a good and friendly community

IP: noctus.me

//Noctus Staff
10/29/2016 6:32 pm
Level 27 : Expert Architect
Grumpilex
A Network called ElixirCraft allows you to go into Gamemode Creative and build your forts and kingdoms (bases and much more) using the creative gamemode but only for that purpose. The server on that network is called FunFactions and its fun! I can send you ip if you want or look it up on PMC Forums
10/29/2016 8:02 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Hunter
Chris9awesome
Could you please send me the ip? I cannot find it.
10/29/2016 6:29 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
craftykids
Hoodiniator
NitwickUnlike the others above, I do not believe the option to chose creative or survival on a server is a self-defeating purpose, and I think it lets people do what they want to do. Options.

If you let people do what they want to do, then there's no purpose in a server. Much like if you let people use creative mode on a survival server. What's the point of cutting down trees and surviving the night if you could simply use /gmc? If you want to use creative, go on SP or play on a creative server, not a survival server.

Just because you can avoid every obstacle by changing your game mode doesn't mean you have to. It's possible to pick and choose which ones you want to avoid.

Like, maybe you want to play mostly-normal survival, but you find it frustrating to have to cut down hundreds of trees and be killed constantly by monsters. In that case, it might make sense to switch to creative to get wood and survive the night! Doing that doesn't mean that you have to also give yourself a bunch of diamonds, though.

EDIT: Another potential use would be if you wanted to easily build something for people to use in survival--a custom dungeon, for example.

As long as the ability to change game mode doesn't cause unwanted conflict between players, I don't see why it would be a problem. (Unfortunately, though, I don't really know of any servers that allow this, much less any that are survival-focused)
10/29/2016 5:27 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
Hoodiniator

10/29/2016 5:19 pm
Level 25 : Expert Blockhead
Nitwick
Unlike the others above, I do not believe the option to chose creative or survival on a server is a self-defeating purpose, and I think it lets people do what they want to do. Options.

But this whole conversation is pointless and nobody above actually answered the question.

Without perhaps more details on what you're looking for, you probably won't get anyone on topic or able to pinpoint the exact server, as what you are requesting is rather uncommon.
10/29/2016 4:59 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
Hoodiniator
Creative defeats the purpose of survival.
10/29/2016 2:50 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Sweetheart
Calendar Man
^^^

How is it a survival server if you can use creative?
10/29/2016 2:40 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Alien
sixfootblue
I'm not sure how much luck you'll have finding a survival server that lets people change their game modes, because that would kind of break the whole survival aspect of it entirely, and you'd be left with a wilderness creative server or something.
10/29/2016 2:02 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
capacity
Wait... what's the point of calling it a survival server if you can go in creative... that makes no sense

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome