#BanTheHackers

DeRpYPeeWee's Avatar DeRpYPeeWee7/1/16 9:27 am
7/13/2016 8:03 pm
Civeberg's Avatar Civeberg
Have you ever seen someone playing Minecraft (SkyWars is most done in) by hacking?
(Lol this sounds like a commercial you would see on TV) Have you ever seen someone fly, have reach, have kill aura, have anti-knockback and so many other types of hacks I can list? And have you ever gotten so annoyed, so infuriated by them? Well I know for a fact that I do.
Help me spread the word #BanTheHackers across Planet Minecraft!
(Lol this really IS like a commercial )
So that we can live our peaceful lives on PMC! (And Minecraft servers)

You can post #BanTheHackers on PMC forums, YouTube hacking videos, SNS, etc.
Also, thank you to my friend, CreeperLover113xD http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/creeper113xd/
For giving me this idea!
Also, I don't care if I sound stupid I just want MC Servers to be fair for everyone...
DeRpYPeeWee
Level 26 : Expert Narwhal

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/11/2016 9:36 pm
Level 28 : Expert Button Pusher
yoda473
MarkJamSo what do you think they are trying to do?

I already said:
yoda473They just get bored of regular playing easily and decide they want to try something different.

Looks like I'm not the only one here who doesn't know how to read smh
07/11/2016 8:06 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
MarkJam
yoda473
Ives
yoda473 and if they feel their actions are annoying everyone, most of them would do what any non-hacker would do: stop.

I agree with the rest of your message, except this line. Most hackers, when caught, or when they realize people are getting angry, will start trolling and saying things like "good fight " or similar. This is from experience from playing on many PvP servers

Most hackers do it just for fun because they get bored of normal MC or they just wanna try it out, but it's fun to win and even more fun if you win and piss everyone off while doing it

"Most" is probably too strong of a word, but my point is, hackers don't actually hack in order to annoy everyone else. That's just a side-effect

So what do you think they are trying to do?
07/11/2016 7:53 am
yoda473
Ives
yoda473 and if they feel their actions are annoying everyone, most of them would do what any non-hacker would do: stop.

I agree with the rest of your message, except this line. Most hackers, when caught, or when they realize people are getting angry, will start trolling and saying things like "good fight " or similar. This is from experience from playing on many PvP servers

Most hackers do it just for fun because they get bored of normal MC or they just wanna try it out, but it's fun to win and even more fun if you win and piss everyone off while doing it

"Most" is probably too strong of a word, but my point is, hackers don't actually hack in order to annoy everyone else. That's just a side-effect
07/11/2016 7:24 am
Level 29 : Expert Lumberjack
Civeberg

07/11/2016 7:03 am
yoda473
DeRpYPeeWeeCan you all even read...

Nope what is this thread even about
guestdsmost hackers stop when people are annoyed imo and thats with me people tell me stop it ill stop

So true. Most people believe that hackers (in terms of Minecraft) are these evil people with no lives who hack everyone because they feel insecure and want to take out their rage on others, when in fact they're a lot closer to normal players. They just get bored of regular playing easily and decide they want to try something different. They don't hack for the sole purpose of annoying other players, and if they feel their actions are annoying everyone, most of them would do what any non-hacker would do: stop.
I don't even know what I just typed someone teach me how to read please
07/11/2016 6:48 am
Level 49 : Master Sweetheart
Zatharel
While it sounds all great, it's the exact same thing as trying to end all violence in the world - desirable, but impossible.
07/11/2016 6:33 am
MarkJam
Even if you code the best anti-cheat you could possibly ever think, there are still other people who will make a bypass for it. Simple as that

I also noticed that a lot of people think Badlion isn't hackable. Dude, I know a crap ton of Ghost Clients who can bypass Badlion easily.
07/11/2016 6:13 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
vanilla/bukkit/spigot/ect minecraft = easy to use hacks
forge/modded = best anti hack
07/11/2016 6:31 am
MarkJam
How does a modded server prevent hacking? Even a server with thousands of players are still hackable. I've used Hacked Clients before and I never heard a modded/forge server prevent them lmao
07/11/2016 3:37 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
the 2 above me you both kinda did...

but xPres_ thats atleast 80% wrong no offence about it but most hackers stop when people are annoyed imo and thats with me people tell me stop it ill stop and if #BanTheHackers started going around itd go from 15% at most hacking to annoy to 95% atleast doing this BUT that 95% is the same ammount and together same people as it was in the atmost 15% part as the modded clients (cause everyone calls them hacks and mods are hacks and the way people use things anymore) are mostly used by people who want to test them in multiplayer or play with others using them or both while trying NOT to annoy people and yeah... and also hacking can be used for good... dont go around using hacked clients saying youre helping youll most likely get a bigger punishment... but yeah if this went around it would help as youd only punish 5% of people that are mostly innocent and also people hacking to annoy others are horrible at faking being innocent theyll either over or under do it... lol... if youre given power youll eventually get bored of it and do something to get rid of it and in this case uninstall.. im already bored of them... i think in total only used it on like 5 days on multiplayer as theres only one thing i liked: fast bow shooting because beta 1.7.3 and prior... ive stopped dont worry... its sorta like water... it sucks in flavor after afew days... lol.... only difference is you should dirnk water.... ima also leave dat there... idc... im tired... hoping this makes sense.... lol...
07/10/2016 8:06 pm
xPres_
To my knowledge, I do no think people will stop hacking because of a hashtag. People do not care what other people think about hacking. They simply care about winning, not about that there cheating.
07/11/2016 2:50 am
Level 1 : New Taco
Darklord__GabeN
GG, you just bumped a pointless thread.
07/05/2016 11:05 am
Level 21 : Expert Architect
CorkyW
yoda473
I think Prototype Theta is referring to the current Mojang and the road Minecraft seems to be going down right now. Don't forget, Notch isn't on the team anymore. Look at the console editions, as well: no safe way to install mods, and the little freedom you're given with skins and resource packs is paid for. My point is, you're right, but Mojang may not care.
On a side note, in case you're not aware, it is possible to upload world builds without mods, and it's not too different from schematics.

Yea I know Notch is gone, and even with Microsoft buying out Mojang and doing things a bit differently I wouldnt suggest they'd like to see mods gone. Remember MC still didnt boast to #1 just from it's basic Vanilla status.....and Microsoft paid what they paid to buy em out for a reason.
As for world builds, yes it's very simple for me to send you my entire world save that I build creations on, however it's not as simple to grab 1 or 2 of my structures and add em into your own world (atleast not that I'm familiar with??)
07/05/2016 10:12 am
Civeberg
DeRpYPeeWeeOk uhh at this point, what you all are saying doesn't make sense.

DeRpYPeeWee
And, as Azie said, I sad SNS too not just PMC -_-
Can you all even read...

Sure, jan
07/05/2016 5:13 am
DeRpYPeeWee
Ok uhh at this point, what you all are saying doesn't make sense.
And, as Azie said, I sad SNS too not just PMC -_-
Can you all even read...
07/05/2016 12:56 am
Civeberg
Jrcarp
Yes, they are server modifications. I'm unsure whether you misunderstood his comment or are just posting that to smart arse. He was obviously refering them as seperate things, one being server software and on being modifications to the client. They are mods, even the first server mod was called hMod. They both serve different purposes, server mod adding features and tools without causing a player to download content and client mods which adds content the player has to download and install.

I don't know why you're being so hostile, but you made no point. They are different. Everyone knows that. They are still mods nonetheless. He was proposing that Mojang wouldn't mind killing off mods, and in that situation, if they actually wanted to kill off mods, it would be server AND client. If mojang didn't want people modifying their code, they wouldn't want them modifying ANY of it, or it would be redundant because then people would just find ways to make the servers do more things
07/05/2016 12:45 am
yoda473
CorkyWWhy would you think or say this? Mojang, specifically Notch, said from day 1 the games code was meant to be manipulated. The game is more versatile than ever due to the vast majority of mods available.
So no one "broke" into the game, they were invited with open arms.

Ask yourself this, what would MC be today if mods were never allowed in the beginning? Do you honestly think it would've soared to #1 so quickly.....or at all for that matter? You'd be stuck with Vanilla Survival, with an update every now and then that gave you a new block or a new mob etc. And I say survival because what use would Creative be? You could build things and post screens of your builds, but uploading/downloading schematics and such would be impossible since you need mods for that. If MC stayed pure Vanilla from day 1 we wouldnt be here today on a MC forum, because this game would've already died by now.

I think Prototype Theta is referring to the current Mojang and the road Minecraft seems to be going down right now. Don't forget, Notch isn't on the team anymore. Look at the console editions, as well: no safe way to install mods, and the little freedom you're given with skins and resource packs is paid for. My point is, you're right, but Mojang may not care.
On a side note, in case you're not aware, it is possible to upload world builds without mods, and it's not too different from schematics.
07/04/2016 11:52 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Cake
Jrcarp
Ives
PrototypeTheta
Azie
On that note, it's occurred to me that maybe OP was asking Mojang to #BanTheHackers, not individual servers since we know many do already. That brings me back to the issue of modding. Minecraft has a huge modding community and a ton of people would likely end up black-listed from authentication for having "legal" mods due to false positives. Mods that spawn items, teleport, or alter player movement in any way (like some of those cool parkour mods out there) would be likely causes of these false positives since those are things that modified clients often use in a malicious way, even though those can and are often applied to single-player worlds or servers in a way that's constructive for all players' experiences.

In fairness, Mojang probably wouldn't mind killing off modding, what with the windows 10 version being written much more securely in C++. One could also look at how much support the forge team have gotten from Mojang in comparison to server plugin platforms like bukkit or spigot. Though I guess it is rather cheeky to break into the game the way modders do in the first place.

Bukkit and Spigot are mods..

Yes, they are server modifications. I'm unsure whether you misunderstood his comment or are just posting that to smart arse. He was obviously refering them as seperate things, one being server software and on being modifications to the client. They are mods, even the first server mod was called hMod. They both serve different purposes, server mod adding features and tools without causing a player to download content and client mods which adds content the player has to download and install.
07/04/2016 6:09 pm
CorkyW
PrototypeTheta
Azie
On that note, it's occurred to me that maybe OP was asking Mojang to #BanTheHackers, not individual servers since we know many do already. That brings me back to the issue of modding. Minecraft has a huge modding community and a ton of people would likely end up black-listed from authentication for having "legal" mods due to false positives. Mods that spawn items, teleport, or alter player movement in any way (like some of those cool parkour mods out there) would be likely causes of these false positives since those are things that modified clients often use in a malicious way, even though those can and are often applied to single-player worlds or servers in a way that's constructive for all players' experiences.

In fairness, Mojang probably wouldn't mind killing off modding, what with the windows 10 version being written much more securely in C++. One could also look at how much support the forge team have gotten from Mojang in comparison to server plugin platforms like bukkit or spigot. Though I guess it is rather cheeky to break into the game the way modders do in the first place.

Why would you think or say this? Mojang, specifically Notch, said from day 1 the games code was meant to be manipulated. The game is more versatile than ever due to the vast majority of mods available.
So no one "broke" into the game, they were invited with open arms.

Ask yourself this, what would MC be today if mods were never allowed in the beginning? Do you honestly think it would've soared to #1 so quickly.....or at all for that matter? You'd be stuck with Vanilla Survival, with an update every now and then that gave you a new block or a new mob etc. And I say survival because what use would Creative be? You could build things and post screens of your builds, but uploading/downloading schematics and such would be impossible since you need mods for that. If MC stayed pure Vanilla from day 1 we wouldnt be here today on a MC forum, because this game would've already died by now.
07/04/2016 5:25 pm
Civeberg
PrototypeTheta
Azie

Bukkit and Spigot are mods..
07/04/2016 2:03 pm
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
Azie

07/04/2016 11:56 am
CorkyW
I need to find a hack that spams hashtag in everyones chat
07/04/2016 11:52 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
AlejandrooThe point is, just cause we use a hashtag on a website doesn't mean it's gonna solve our problems.

If it's something you're spreading awareness about and you're trying to create a NEW movement, I could see it helping specifically on platforms like Twitter where hash tags work as they're intended to by causing those posts to appear on the front page or otherwise appearing in searches on Twitter, but this isn't a new movement. It's a popular notion that has been around for a long time, but there isn't an easy solution to fix it permanently.

Cheating is and has been a problem for a long time and, just like viruses, programs/mods that facilitate it are always evolving and people are always finding new ways to get around existing anti-cheat systems. Additionally, banning people unfortunately doesn't solve the problem that anonymity allows people to do things they wouldn't normally do, which is why a lot of cheating exists and is why one banned person will likely just move to another server to do the same thing. Then there's the fact that Mojang allows people to mod the game and doesn't ban people using mods that would be considered cheating.

07/04/2016 11:40 am
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
Are we talking about hackers or script kiddies? There is a significant difference.
07/04/2016 11:06 am
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
This is about as effective as a #StopCrime hashtag.
07/04/2016 11:15 am
DeRpYPeeWee
Ehhh not really. Stoping crime is WAAAAAAY more serious than hackers on a game called Minecraft xD
07/04/2016 11:22 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
Aleja
that's not even the point.
The point is, just cause we use a hashtag on a website doesn't mean it's gonna solve our problems.
07/04/2016 9:53 am
Level 40 : Master Cowboy
TwizZted_uP
lol this is a teenie-weenie bit useless

And what's a hashtag supposed to do lol
07/04/2016 9:09 am
Level 26 : Expert Zombie
Halorules555
Look at all you people! Crushing the hopes and dreams of a little girl! Can I join in?
07/04/2016 10:49 am
DeRpYPeeWee
This is not my hopes and dreams lol, if they were, I would be a sad kid xD
07/04/2016 10:37 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
brostermedia
sure you can
07/04/2016 10:01 am
Civeberg
1) If this is her "hopes and dreams", that's a bit sad.

2) Why should we care if she's a girl or not? I thought people were aiming for equality nowadays, and if a boy made this thread I guarantee you no one would have commented anything similar to what you just said
07/04/2016 8:18 am
Level 21 : Expert Princess
Rachel_Alucard
This basically wont do anything.Preventing Hackers COMPLETELY is basically
Impossible.Even if there is a plug in that bans them.They will always I say Always find a way to hack back at it again.Not trying to be killjoy but Im just being realistic and sticking to the facts here
07/04/2016 8:10 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
brostermedia
we can't stop hackers/cheaters, they will always be there. with or without external assistance, git gud or stop trying to prevent them
07/02/2016 6:12 am
Level 44 : Master Architect
Lachie1770
How to avoid hackers is easy, Play on modded servers that don't use a Mainstream pack. Works well for me.. All the Vanilla servers are gonna have hackers forever, not much you can do about it..
07/02/2016 4:20 am
yoda473
Nothing wrong with Minecraft hackers. There are a lot of servers out there that literally exist to be hacked. It's not like they're hacking Microsoft or anything.
Besides, from experience, trying to beat a hacker in a minigame is no harder than trying to beat someone who paid for a high rank.
Also, did you know that in the Python programming language, anything typed after a hashtag is ignored and does not actually do anything?
07/02/2016 4:17 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1665509
[deleted]
07/02/2016 1:40 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Lumberjack
Sergeant Sarcasm
Lorpie - The PieBasically like this??
[yt]4yIlX5ZKHRU[/yt]

Oh Maddox, always helping the world out in one way or another.
07/02/2016 12:46 am
CorkyW
I typed #BanTheHackers the other day and POOF, they all disappeared. It really works people. I have limited quantities available, big 4th of July Sale. Only $19.95 and you can hashtag hackers away too!!! Call Now!!
07/02/2016 12:56 am
Level 27 : Expert Network
Pines
can't tell if joking or not
07/02/2016 1:01 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
ICEThat
-_-
07/02/2016 1:15 am
Level 27 : Expert Network
Pines
it's just a prank bro
07/02/2016 1:01 am
CorkyW
Surely the Smiley answers that for you
07/01/2016 5:42 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
Aleja
because typing a hashtag on a website does so much to stop minecraft hackers.
07/01/2016 5:40 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
07/01/2016 5:03 pm
Civeberg
Lorpie - The PieBasically like this??
[yt]4yIlX5ZKHRU[/yt]

That guy just earned a sub
07/01/2016 4:23 pm
Level 1 : New Taco
Darklord__GabeN
Hey kid, it's summer now, go get a job, spend your time on something that is actually useful.
07/04/2016 6:29 am
DeRpYPeeWee
I am a kid... I can't get a job yet lol
07/01/2016 3:29 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1665509
[deleted]
07/01/2016 3:08 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
#stop world hunger