So 1.6 came out...

ToxicTiger's Avatar ToxicTiger6/30/13 9:36 pm
1 emeralds 1.5k 56
7/2/2013 1:03 am
Kfcnyancat's Avatar Kfcnyancat
Oh yes, Minecraft 1.6 came out:

We here at mojang work very hard to add great features in every update so in this update you don't get anything!

Including:

-A new mod, the horse, that you could have got before with mods
-New block 17 of which are absolutely useless (hardened clay) because wool did the same thing
-New command for the command block, cause that'll help your survival experience
-Carpets, which are pretty cool actually
-You can now name any mob, 'cause you know, incase you forget
-Texture packs can now hold sound as well, 'cause everyone is gonna use that
-New potion effects that you still can't assess in survival
-And of cause we fixed a ton of bugs but what does it matter, as with every update comes even more bugs *sigh*

In case you didn't notice, I was being sarcastic. Personally I think Mojang are starting to run out of ideas and should work on a new game (which they have) and leave minecraft as it is (except the bugs). Say your opinion on the matter if you won't.
ToxicTiger
Level 18 : Journeyman Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/01/2013 5:32 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
xLiaMz
Meh, I don't play the game much anymore due to updates that I personally think ruin the game - I joined Minecraft in Beta 1.6 (Played it in Pre-Alpha) and therefore I think it should be de-updated to back then.

But i'm Human and I have to always complain about something.
07/01/2013 5:02 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Explorer
MechaEnderXD
noblebob123Guys the reason Mojang dosent put so much stuff in is because:

B. Some old systems could find it difficult to handle some of these types of Mod. Yea you can get Optifine but that wont sort all of your problems!

but, i love MCpachter
07/01/2013 4:13 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Architect
noblebob123
Guys the reason Mojang dosent put so much stuff in is because:

A. If they keep putting loads of stuff in then in a couple of updates time noobs will find it really difficult to get use to the game. Its not as if there are official tutorials, you can search on youtube for the stuff but I dont think people want to spend all day on YouTube learning stuff about the game when they could be playing it.
B. Some old systems could find it difficult to handle some of these types of Mod. Yea you can get Optifine but that wont sort all of your problems!
C. You can just get 3rd party mods anyway so why do Mojang need to add loads of stuff anyway? Granted you might want to play on a server with it but I think my above reasons outway any benefit.

Mojang arent going to stop updating but they need to limit the stuff they update because maybe in a years time though they might have to many things to handle!
07/01/2013 3:43 am
Level 34 : Artisan Taco
Duckgod
Mojang still needs the underwater stuff put in.
Like coral,seaweed,and all that good stuff.
07/01/2013 4:00 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Fisherman
plsstop
i totally agree with you. at least some fishes, even hostile mobs underwater can be interesting.
07/01/2013 1:31 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Programmer
DarkEyeDragon
You guys obviously don't get it do you? minecraft is a MEDIEVAL game so why would they add lambs and guns and even planes? THINK for a second ik its hard for you guys but really, planes??

I do agree IF they are running out of idea's they should stop updating the game and screwing it up. I'm not a huge fan of 1.6 and they really started losing me after the 1.4 updates
07/02/2013 1:03 am
Level 25 : Expert Pony
Kfcnyancat
Minecraft is not medieval, contrary to somewhat-popular belief. There is no specific time period Minecraft is in. In your mind, it may be medieval. In my mind, it's many years after an apocalypse.
07/01/2013 2:11 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Explorer
MechaEnderXD
Vinyl Music discs in Medieval/Dark Ages?
Electricity (Redstone) in Dark Ages?
Caveman Squidwards in Medieval Ages?
Also, a goat is a animal ._.
there is no need of saying that they are not medieval...
but, i don't really want guns, i would preffer more ores and magic stuff...
also, have you heard of the last days textpack?
don't want to sound rude but...
MC is not Medieval... (any theme fits MC, i think)

Edit: forgott, there was NO TNT in Medieval ages...
nor minecarts, or lamps...
07/01/2013 2:01 am
Level 21 : Expert Explorer
-R A W R-
Minecraft isn't a medieval themed game, it's a sandbox. Meaning it's whatever you make it out to be.
07/01/2013 1:20 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Scribe
Yaminia
Why complain? If you don't like the update you just have to hit deny when the option comes up
07/01/2013 1:17 am
Level 48 : Master Technomancer
ThatsMyPickaxe
Magicman88999
You could make it so instead of zombie growling, it's going to be screams!

That would be so terrifying.
07/01/2013 1:13 am
Level 46 : Master Artist
Igorgames
This update is pretty cool imo and i like the new clay blocks...i like all the new stuff! ...I feel like this guy was the kid that gets mad at christmas because he got the 3GiPhone and not the 4GiPhone while i was the kid that was happy with socks cuz my feet get cold. Fact: If you spoil your children they will never be happy and just grumble and complain there whole life...
07/01/2013 1:34 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Programmer
DarkEyeDragon
I totally agree with that!
I was a kid that was happy with something that could be used outside to play in the mud and in the dirt
07/01/2013 12:53 am
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
Think about the possibilities with the resource pack!
I mean, if you have a creepy level, and you want a custom pack for it, you can do that!
You could make the bow and arrow a gun, and have gun shots every time you fire!
You could make it so instead of zombie growling, it's going to be screams!
There are a lot of things as a texture pack maker that you can do with resource packs, IMO.
07/01/2013 12:23 am
Level 23 : Expert Explorer
Flamerate1
1 hour away for me.
07/01/2013 12:16 am
Level 44 : Master Wolf Whisperer
ImaLittleCreeper
I don't see why people are complaining. Everything changes, and minecraft is all the time. I see no problem.
07/01/2013 1:14 am
Level 46 : Master Artist
Igorgames
^^^^ This ^^^^
07/01/2013 12:09 am
Level 21 : Expert Architect
DSasaki
Red Dragons should be added.
06/30/2013 11:30 pm
Level 25 : Expert Nerd
TRNZ
But, its just a pre-release.
06/30/2013 11:26 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Hero
sed11
LinkedgeThe Giant zombie, and every item that you can't get in creative in creative. ( ender crystal, spawner. etc)

Ender Crystal is not an item.

-And 1.6 hasn't come out yet, for anyone who didn't see his line about sarcasm.
06/30/2013 11:17 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Pony
Astrian
ToxicTiger

Yes actually! Everybody is going to use that! I'm going to use it! Can you imagine using a Metroid resource pack and hearing sounds from Metroid in the game!
1.6 hasnt even come out yet and people are using it!

Just because you don't know how to or suck at it, doesn't mean nobody is going to use it!
06/30/2013 11:07 pm
Level 48 : Master Technomancer
ThatsMyPickaxe
Well, now you don't need mods!
-New block 17 of which are absolutely useless (hardened clay) because wool did the same thing
Smoother color, stronger colored houses.
For mapmakers, to make better maps effects.
Yep.
Mob differentiating, so you can have a bunch of named pets.
It is massive customizability, and a huge addition for mapmakers who want custom sounds.
Once again, for mapmakers.
-And of cause we fixed a ton of bugs but what does it matter, as with every update comes even more bugs *sigh*
Well, if they didn't fix them, they'd obviously all add up.
06/30/2013 11:03 pm
Level 49 : Master Slime Tamer
jm3977
Mods they should add:
Cloning Mod: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6qQxFCympQ
Bettter Animations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGk4mXX6QQc
Recipe Book: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5AJtlL5nPE
Spawner GUI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3i8B_Xjlc8

Here are my ideas:
Tinted Glass (All colors of the glass)
Reinforced Glass (Crafted with glass in the middle surrounded by iron bars)
Lamb (Sheeps drop lamb when killed)
Pine Biome (Spawns Pine trees and grass is a nice bright green colour)
Flashlight (Lights up the area when in your hand)
06/30/2013 11:51 pm
Level 24 : Expert Architect
wade654
The flashlight has already been made into a mod (which I installed), and was pleased with that mod. In other words, I agree with the Flashlight suggestion.
Spawner GUI would need some tweaking to not be OP, as I have used that and think that being able to change a spawner just with a right click is more OP for my tastes. So, in other words, add it only to creative, not survival.
The recipe book I agree with as well. Unless you look on the wiki, most recipes are very confusing for new people.
Lamb is also a good idea, the Pine Biome is "meh", as I don't really see too much of a need for more trees (but, to each his own), I like the new glass ideas, as Reinforced Glass was in IC2.
Cloning seems too OP, though I will have to look into that, and the other mod I don't really know.

Overall, some good ideas.
07/01/2013 2:09 am
Level 49 : Master Slime Tamer
jm3977
Thanks ^^
07/01/2013 5:19 pm
wade654
No problem. I tried modding, but then realized I wasn't smart enough, so I just stuck with building and writing. What I mean is that I know good ideas when I see them (I think).
06/30/2013 11:01 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Taco
supersparkle123
You could already make mobs have names in 1.5.2
06/30/2013 10:57 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
minecraftmaster2906
Wheels other than minecarts.
06/30/2013 10:53 pm
Level 25 : Expert Pony
Kfcnyancat
ToxicTigerOh yes, Minecraft 1.6 came out:

We here at mojang work very hard to add great features in every update so in this update you don't get anything!

Including:

In case you didn't notice, I was being sarcastic. Personally I think Mojang are starting to run out of ideas and should work on a new game (which they have) and leave minecraft as it is (except the bugs). Say your opinion on the matter if you won't.

It's called adventure mapmakers, and ease of access.
06/30/2013 10:51 pm
Level 21 : Expert Pokemon
diamond655
Replied in italics.
ErrbayEdited in bold.
ToxicTiger
People wanted it in vanilla. Not everyone can figure out how to get mods. Some can't even install mods.IKR? I have no idea how to install mods.
People like to build in Minecraft.True!
The /playsound command is fantastic for adventure maps, and is great for showing off resource pack sounds on servers and maps. It's also hilarious at times.Now it's official, I NEED 1.6.
Indeed.That would be nice for my house, I'll have to make a new one though.
In maps you might have an NPC with a name. Or, you can name a horse, cat, or dog for fun.I named my dog Wolfy!
This can add custom things to servers, maps, and general survival. Besides, people are hating on the recent sound changes anyways. I would make the Legend of Zelda, "you found something you need" sound!
There is more to Minecraft to survival.How about a Jump boost next update?
There will always be bugs in every game. If you made a game, there would be bugs. If I made a game, there would be bugs.If I made a game, it would have too much bugs to ever fix. I have no idea how to make games.

In my opinion, their ideas are cool, yet somewhat dull. I don't think they are running out of ideas, just having slow ideas. The horse update was epic! They don't have dull ideas!
06/30/2013 10:50 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
You made me restart my Minecraft when I saw the first line of your post.

Me reading computer screen: Minecraft 1.6 , But I thought it was coming out later this week. Well i'll check any ways.

Minecraft Launcher: What’s Happening at Mojang?

Me: Thats not 1.6. HE LIED TO ME!

Then I saw the last line.

Me: Oh

But yeah they are running out of ideas. But I don't want them to start changing minecraft into a futuristic game.
06/30/2013 10:43 pm
Level 21 : Expert Pokemon
diamond655
Suggestion: Upload custom songs for white disks by command block.
Another suggestion: Command Blocks in creative!
07/01/2013 12:39 am
Level 21 : Expert Button Pusher
HaloMrFrags
Command blocks are in creative... -___-
07/01/2013 12:49 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Hero
sed11
No, you must use /give.
But, if you can remember the block's ID easily, then you can just have cheats on + creative.
06/30/2013 10:37 pm
Level 21 : Expert Goblin
Windows7HomePremium
Edited in bold.
ToxicTiger
People wanted it in vanilla. Not everyone can figure out how to get mods. Some can't even install mods.
People like to build in Minecraft.
The /playsound command is fantastic for adventure maps, and is great for showing off resource pack sounds on servers and maps. It's also hilarious at times.
Indeed.
In maps you might have an NPC with a name. Or, you can name a horse, cat, or dog for fun.
This can add custom things to servers, maps, and general survival. Besides, people are hating on the recent sound changes anyways.
There is more to Minecraft to survival.
There will always be bugs in every game. If you made a game, there would be bugs. If I made a game, there would be bugs.

In my opinion, their ideas are cool, yet somewhat dull. I don't think they are running out of ideas, just having slow ideas.
06/30/2013 10:36 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Caveman
MCRique
A lot of the newer features and ones upcoming are meant to help mapmakers and modders, because as minecraft grows, so does the community of these people. Mojang is well aware of this, and even plans to add things like a Modding API in the future to allow ease access to install mods without a third party program like Winrar. With the new command block features and such, I assume Hypixel just about peed his pants.
06/30/2013 10:33 pm
ianwilling
I disagree they should not leave minecraft as it is
06/30/2013 10:24 pm
-R A W R-
ToxicTigerOh yes, Minecraft 1.6 came out:

Including:

1. Players who may not know how to install mods like Mo' Creatures or someone who prefers to play without mods.
2. Hardened clay has a different look to them, and can be used for different purposes. You can use hardened clay instead of wool for building a house, because hardened clay doesn't burn away, like wool does.
3. That can be helpful to map makers, or people who like creative. 'cause they're more than one gamemode
4. Carpets are pretty cool :3
5. I think that extra touch is a nice little detail. Let's say you have a village, and you named a villager because you like him/her for some reason. They look just like the other ones of their types (butchers, blacksmiths, librarians, etc.) you'll be able to distinguish which ones which.
6. Bdoubleo and Generikb used that feature for adding gun sounds for their cowboy texture pack they used on a few episodes of Mindcrack. So it is helpful for roleplay I guess.
7. Creative, it's another popular gamemode.
8. Coding is tricky, and maybe Mojang misses a few bugs before releasing an official update. But Call of Duty always has undiscovered bugs after official release as well, as do most games.
I'm not trying to be rude, but you should've considered about the pros and cons before writing this, and that creative is another gamemode, and Minecraft isn't just survival even though it's probably the most popular gamemode.
06/30/2013 10:22 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
DiamondDoctor
I love searching for resources and all, but what if they added new tools and metals? more mobs? Better/more rails? More mobs? (Mocreatures) i dont play vanilla often, i play FTB and RP2 is amazing. Also, i think more liquids and better world gen would help. I understand that some stuff in FTB is sorta OP, but Mojang IS working on a modding API, right? Did i mention more mobs?
06/30/2013 10:18 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Blacksmith
Henry_Jekyll
They are obviously running out of ideas and just implementing things from mods and try to keep the updates coming.

I bet sooner or later they are going to put in guns and planes and cars... Then I will stop playing..
06/30/2013 10:27 pm
-R A W R-
They already added a ton of things, and it's hard to think of anything else that can be added with all the stuff that is already in the game. Mojang would never put guns, planes, and cars, or anything like that. I'm glad they added horse, it gives another means of transportation, and coolness factor into the game. And I'm sure that some people in the community were BEGGING for horses, I mean seriously.
06/30/2013 10:14 pm
Level 24 : Expert Nerd
NeonSparkles
It is first of July for me..
I feel left out.
06/30/2013 10:10 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Architect
karolakkolo123
Wait until 1st July, because now it is Pre-Release. 1st July will come out Official 1.6.1 version.
06/30/2013 10:02 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Warrior
Boomer_24
Minecraft 1.6 came out?
06/30/2013 10:01 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Network
IgnoreMyPostsIwas10
It's not only meant for people who do survival, and some people like to play vanilla.
06/30/2013 9:58 pm
wade654
I agree with Linkedge on some points, like the unimplemented stuff/unaccesable stuff.
I also think they should make redstone either take up half a block (so you can cover up your redstone) or incorporate everything in RedPower except for the Nikolite stuff (unless a lot of people want the Nikolite stuff added in).
06/30/2013 9:51 pm
Level 29 : Expert Pixel Puncher
Linkedge
they just need 3 more things then to stop working on minecraft

1. A much easier way for mods to be implemented, (i know how to, but downloading takes fforever... and sometimes dangerous)

2. underwater mobs.

3. The Giant zombie, and every item that you can't get in creative in creative. ( ender crystal, spawner. etc)
06/30/2013 10:33 pm
-R A W R-
1. You download things at your own risk, you have to be smart about what you're download. Don't download something you don't trust. Mods are very easy to install, it takes a maximum of 5 minutes depending on download time.
2. I completely agree with that. I believe they should add ride-able/tame-able dolphins so you can get through the water faster and cooler. Boats are cool, but a bit glitchy.
3. What's an ender crystal? Do you mean the dragon egg that appears after defeating the ender dragon? If so, you can get that by easily hooking a piston up to it and powering the piston so it moves the dragon egg. When it moves it, it breaks the egg and drops it as an item which you are able to place. I believe they had the ability to take spawners with silk touch at one time, I don't know why they removed it, maybe it was to overkill? I don't know.
06/30/2013 10:37 pm
Level 21 : Expert Goblin
Windows7HomePremium
The ender crystal is an entity found on top of obsidian towers in the End.
06/30/2013 10:47 pm
-R A W R-
Oh, okay. Yeah, I don't think that'd be a good idea for survival.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome