Forumskeyboard_arrow_right Minecraft - Java Edition keyboard_arrow_right Discussion

Create Forum Thread

Can a one block placement be considered as an Architecture?

2 emeralds3 replies103 views
created 10/16/2019 11:15 pm by chelocitta history
last reply 10/17/2019 2:57 am
Can a one block placement be considered as an Architecture?

Recently in the Korean Minecraft Community, (Our Minecraft Space) a new type/style of Architect appeared. What he does is, he simply places one or a few blocks and says that this is architecture. Then he writes about what does the work means, the hidden words behind it, or some kind of old story based reflections. And as a kind of conclusion, he writes the time that he spent on that architecture. This seems to be fine, and many people also think that it's okay - only before they notice the time that he spent on the work is several hours for only placing a flower on the ground, making a weird looking structure. (See the pic) Plus, he even emphasizes the time he spent on it.

And here's the real problem. The time when he posted these kinds of posts for only a few times, nobody really cared much and the comments were mostly saying that it was a "Revolution in Architecture." However, as time past, one man argues that this isn't architecture. "How can this be considered as an architecture, when it only has a few blocks placed? This post should better move to a free forum." (Simplified version of the original comment) After all, this architect replies that he doesn't understand - why can't this be an architecture?

The community starts to argue between the two with all kinds of various reasons...

I and my friend thought that it basically depends on how we define the meaning of "Architecture", but I'd like to hear more from the others.
Posted by avatar
chelocitta
Level 18 : Journeyman Architect

comment Login or register to post a reply.

3 replies

10/17/2019 2:57 amhistory
Level 19 : Journeyman Architect
chelocitta
I want some more comments, or replies! Anything is fine :D
10/17/2019 1:23 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Toast
Laurent_Conlon

Hard for me to call one block "Architecture"
10/17/2019 2:06 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Architect
chelocitta