Capes outclass other players

Frogurt's Avatar Frogurt3/24/16 8:53 pm
1 emeralds 2.7k 85
4/18/2016 8:01 pm
Konrad's Avatar Konrad
So first, special capes which only certain players get, and now the elytra has special cape textures? Mojang, you need to get your priorities straight and stop outclassing other players with capes!
Frogurt
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/18/2016 8:01 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
How is this thread still alive?
04/18/2016 8:01 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
He resolved the issue by buying a optifine cape.
04/04/2016 10:37 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
TLDRPost
There are people out there who don't even have a minecraft account. Be grateful for your ability to play as much as you want. Cosmetics do not affect your ability to play.
04/04/2016 9:28 pm
Level 44 : Master Architect
Lachie1770
Cant believe this thread has gone for so along about capes that half of us probably don't even care about, its a cape, its only for looks and its for people who are dedicated to waste lots of money for a game.... (Cause $300 is alot of money for a game and i mean ANY Game, that you could put towards better things)
04/04/2016 11:09 pm
Level 44 : Master Sweetheart
Calendar Man
This is the internet. It's what we do.
04/04/2016 9:32 pm
Level 20 : Expert Hunter
Monotone
It went on because it's entertaining (at least for me)
04/04/2016 5:52 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Explorer
ImHealthyWC
Lol you want cool clothing? Get a mod called "WearMC Mod" Anybody who has it can also see you.
04/04/2016 12:25 pm
Level 48 : Master Blob
ABigFatTomato
Dude, seriously. The people who go to minecon pay almost $300 for tickets and other stuff, so they DESERVE to get something special. If everybody got one, then there would be something else u get at minecon for u to whine about. BOO-HOO! life is so unfair.
04/04/2016 12:29 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
Waec
lif is so unfar don8 mojan cap pls
04/04/2016 11:21 am
tobbestark
04/04/2016 8:20 pm
Monotone
10/10 salt
04/04/2016 10:16 am
Frogurt
But it's unfair seeing other players with an item that you can never get because you can't go to Minecon...
04/04/2016 8:19 pm
Monotone
Then should you not be happy that the cape textures came with the 1.9 elytra? Now you can have one. What's the point of this argument again? I'm confused.
04/04/2016 2:43 pm
Calendar Man
It's as unfair as people getting cosmetic items for no reason (and for free, no less), just because they whined on the internet like a 5-year old with no thought capacity.
04/04/2016 1:03 pm
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher
Azrath
If everyone could get everything that there would not be diversity in players and people and everything would be same making everything boring.
04/04/2016 12:32 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Mage
ssproad
It's also unfair that some people have a Tesla but I don't. Should Elon Musk give me a tesla cause of that? No. Suck it up.
04/04/2016 11:34 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
It's not about fair. Sometimes you just can't get things and that's all there is to it.

And when it's purely cosmetic and doesn't matter...
04/04/2016 11:05 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
Flappo
Ok I'll say it again then...
Buy a optfine cape!

You have to do something to get a cosmetic, even in servers.
04/18/2016 2:17 pm
Frogurt
Solved the problem by getting an OptiFine cape.
04/18/2016 7:59 pm
Konrad
I said to buy a cape from Optifine like 5 times and also did most of the other responses.
04/18/2016 7:46 pm
Calendar Man
Took you a while, but I'm glad everything got solved!
04/04/2016 10:56 am
Waec
How is it unfair as it's cosmetic?
04/04/2016 10:28 am
Konrad
Its not unfair since its purely cosmetic and doesn't add anything except it adds it to your character.
04/01/2016 1:55 pm
Calendar Man
Blinque
Frogurt
Cosmetics are important too, a lot of players will judge you by the appearance of your character.

If you actually care about what other players say about your character, there's your issue.

Exactly.
04/01/2016 1:13 pm
Monotone
Frogurt
Cosmetics are important too, a lot of players will judge you by the appearance of your character.

If you actually care about what other players say about your character, there's your issue.
04/01/2016 8:17 am
Level 29 : Expert Birb
Auradyme
Azrel
Ivainharder than getting a well-paying job as an art graduate.

This makes no sense at all. It's not even an argument.

It makes sense if you understand it.
04/01/2016 8:13 am
Lachie1770
Tho Im kinda surprised optifine is still allowed to have capes cause mojang apparently took down a free cape mod once cause of "Only Minecon People should be able to get a cape"
04/01/2016 9:29 am
Flappo
I think that Mojang forces Optifine to give a certain amount of the donation to them.
Just like with agar.io bots..
03/31/2016 9:56 am
Calendar Man
How are capes unfair? They're rewards for people who most likely spent hundreds of dollars on a convention. Heck, I think it'd be unfair for them to not get capes. They're absolutely cosmetic, it's not like they give people OP tools whenever they enter a world.
03/31/2016 9:55 am
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
Fairly soon, you'll be able to customize your own Elytra texture. It's possible custom capes will come out of this too, but we'll see.
03/31/2016 8:56 am
Waec
If you do not bother going to Minecon then you don't get a cosmetic cape which they hand out to special and dedicated players that spend a lot of money going to the Minecon event each year.

Though, some people are not able to go to Minecon as @EmeraldEclipse said, which can be seen as outclassing people as OP may seem. I however just do not think about it like that.
03/31/2016 5:36 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
brostermedia
"i am dedicated"
"i am not going to minecon to get a cosmetic item"
then you're not dedicated enough
03/31/2016 8:35 am
Level 23 : Expert Dolphin
EmeraldEclipse
To be fair, some people are very dedicated fans, but are totally unable to go to Minecon. Sometimes because of money concerns, family issues, or age (a lot of parents won't let a 10 year-old go to a different continent, either with a friend or not, and can't take off work to take the kid themselves, assuming they actually take Minecon seriously and don't just go, "Oh, a thing for the game you play sometimes? How nice.")

On the subject of capes, I don't think it's "discrimination" to not have some annoying digital piece of fabric unless you actually try to get it. Even if Minecon gave you something that wasn't purely cosmetic, (I don't know, like a special food/ability to make aforementioned food) unless whatever you got gave you an upper hand in Minigames, PvP, etc, etc, I wouldn't be mad.
03/31/2016 10:21 am
Flappo
If you can't go to Minecon, you can still prove your dedication by getting a Optifine cape.
03/31/2016 10:54 am
Waec
Optifine has no affiliation with Mojang. It's a mod for the game, but that is it.
03/31/2016 10:34 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Mage
HeyItsPaul
Optifine != Mojang doe
It just says, "oh, I am dedicated for Optifine", not really Minecraft.
03/31/2016 9:41 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
brostermedia
what i meant to say is: he says he is very dedicated but he doesn't want to go to minecon "just for a cosmetic item"
03/31/2016 3:58 am
Lachie1770
After all its only a cape, I Wouldn't even want one after Ive seen the glitches it does with modded MC (Like in trains, planes, cars, etc (but not buses cause they horrible xD) and since Im only ever on modded which makes them very useless to me, There nothing special tbh... If you don't like other people having them you can switch them off completely in multiplayer settings..
03/31/2016 2:38 am
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher
Azrath
Click to reveal
macgarthur
Frogurt
Ren3DMDonate to optifine, download the minecraft capes mod or just stop complaining and get if over it.

And i'm not doing any "mod" stuff. I want vanilla capes, no need to go to minecon or anything else.

So you're saying you want something special without having to do anything special to get it? The capes are a reward to hardcore fans, like a bonus for their dedication. Do you really think that's fair to take that away from those people?

People, it's a cape that you don't even see unless you play in third person mode. It's a cosmetic item. It's like a t-shirt that you can only exclusively get at a concert. Don't get upset at the people who went and got the t-shirt because they're a huge fan, that's not their fault.

No matter how dedicated you are you can't get a cape without going to Minecon. Sounds like if you were really dedicated you'd go to Minecon. Not our fault you don't and it's not right to try and take something away from people who do just because you don't. Honestly, this is just coming across as baby whining for a cookie when they didn't earn it.

This is by far best explanation I have red here, couldn't have said it better my self.
03/30/2016 3:17 pm
Flappo
Frogurt
Ren3DMDonate to optifine, download the minecraft capes mod or just stop complaining and get if over it.

And i'm not doing any "mod" stuff. I want vanilla capes, no need to go to minecon or anything else.

Azrath
Frogurt
I can't go to minecon or any of that stuff. So what to do?

Than do not get it?

If you do not have something have in real life like do you start bashing people for it because they do and they earned it with hard work (in this case dedication to minecraft) and you want it for free?

No matter how dedicated I am to minecraft, I CANT GET A CAPE UNLESS I GO TO MINECON!?

yup.
If you want a cape that bad, you should install optifine. Everybody uses it these days.
03/30/2016 3:12 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Network
macgarthur
Frogurt

So you're saying you want something special without having to do anything special to get it? The capes are a reward to hardcore fans, like a bonus for their dedication. Do you really think that's fair to take that away from those people?

People, it's a cape that you don't even see unless you play in third person mode. It's a cosmetic item. It's like a t-shirt that you can only exclusively get at a concert. Don't get upset at the people who went and got the t-shirt because they're a huge fan, that's not their fault.

No matter how dedicated you are you can't get a cape without going to Minecon. Sounds like if you were really dedicated you'd go to Minecon. Not our fault you don't and it's not right to try and take something away from people who do just because you don't. Honestly, this is just coming across as baby whining for a cookie when they didn't earn it.
03/29/2016 6:32 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Explorer
RenegadeRad
03/29/2016 2:27 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Scribe
Skaldas
Ivainharder than getting a well-paying job as an art graduate.

This makes no sense at all. It's not even an argument.
03/28/2016 10:15 pm
Konrad
Donate to optifine, download the minecraft capes mod or just stop complaining and get if over it.
03/30/2016 3:09 pm
Frogurt

Azrath
Frogurt
I can't go to minecon or any of that stuff. So what to do?

Than do not get it?

If you do not have something have in real life like do you start bashing people for it because they do and they earned it with hard work (in this case dedication to minecraft) and you want it for free?

No matter how dedicated I am to minecraft, I CANT GET A CAPE UNLESS I GO TO MINECON!?
03/28/2016 2:08 pm
Level 21 : Expert Pokemon
Epikface
Ok, let me show an example.

Joe has a new MMORPG game! He's gonna show it at a convention.
Joe feels he should reward those who spent their hard-earned cash flying to the convention, so Joe adds a purely cosmetic Bubble Blower into the inventories of all the players. It has no use, does 0 damage, and is just for looks.

He makes different bubble blower designs each year and people vote on them. It becomes a tradition. Suddenly, some people who could not attend get angry, as they are jealous of the Bubble Blower. They post angry comments on random forums on the internet, some even email Joe himself. Do they get special treatment? Do they get bubble blowers?

No. You show your appreciation by coming to the convention, you get the reward. It's just life.

I don't have a cape, I might never get one. I don't care. I didn't come to the convention, I don't deserve it.

And anyways, it's not like Joe PURPOSEFULLY said YOU WILL NEVER GET A BUBBLE BLOWER! Go to Minecon! You'll get a cape, if you want one so bad.

Otherwise, just suck it up and deal with it, as I did back in 1.5.
03/28/2016 1:47 pm
Level 20 : Expert Network
Sparthia
Poor you.. you should be worrying about the extremely pay to win servers out there.
03/28/2016 11:01 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Magical Girl
BIO
Also, a future update is supposed to bring custom elytra skins to every player. Just saying.

That may change lmao
03/29/2016 6:18 am
Flappo
..... T_T

MrMidnightElytra textures will be available for everyone as soon as they're done.
You'll be able to change it the same way as you do with your skin.
03/28/2016 10:17 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Frogurt
AzieThey're totally cosmetic and are rewards for super dedicated players that make it all the way to Minecon, which is held all over the world so it's not like it's in the same place every year so only one group of people actually has a decent shot at getting there.

Don't be salty just because someone got to have a neat time at an event and got a totally cosmetic item out of it. It's something a ton of developers do and it's not to "outclass" other players; it's to reward community participation.

ArenaSnow
Zamion123+Well, I at least think they should make capes available to everybody who bought the game.

That's not what you pay for, and capes are cosmetic extras.

Buty them or not, it changes absolutely nothing in gameplay, and I've seen skins that frankly blow any cape they release out of the ranking at any rate.

Like where can you find these skins?

Find any good skin. I hear PMC lets you post them...

So, how exactly do capes change anything again?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome