Coming back to Minecraft after a long time, what're the hot supplementary programs?

DrWheat's Avatar DrWheat11/16/18 1:07 pm
3 emeralds 158 3
12/22/2018 4:06 pm
DinowCookie's Avatar DinowCookie
Hello, everybody! I'm a long-time Minecraft fan who is getting back into it after a few years. Last version I really played was 1.5.2, although I stuck to it after the new launched came out because all my mods and other supplementary programs got outdated. Well, now that I'm back all that stuff I used to use is just dinosaur bones and I was wondering what people are using now. Namely the best modpacks (preferably with a launcher), map editors, resource packs and servers.

Now, apparently, 1.13 changed a lot going on under the hood so a lot of programs have been shot for it (nice that Minecraft promises official mod support, but only makes modding more and more difficult), but if I could be pointed in the direction of things to keep an eye out for, or perhaps the best modpacks to use in more recent versions.

Thanks!
DrWheat
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/22/2018 4:06 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
DinowCookie
My favorite resource pack: Pixel Perfection
Currently at 1.12 but being updated for 1.13 and 1.14 ^_^

And like mentioned before, to use programs the best versions are 1.12 and 1.7 because most mods and plugins have been updated for those versions.
12/22/2018 3:55 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
A57OneShot
I know one thing, the best versions for downloading mods are
on curse forge they have 220-ish pages of mods
other than that, other things aren't hard to find at all because most of them (after 1.9) don't break : D
i forgot if they updated player models during 1.13 or 1.12 but whatever
11/16/2018 1:36 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Princess
ieryana
Welcome back :)

Yes lots have changed, from modding/dev/plugin/server owner side it's buggered up lot with the change of blocks from numerical id's to named id's - but we're getting there.

Feel free to pop along to my server n say hi! Few of us there can help you get back into the game :3
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome