Custom modpacks in technic launcher?

Tyty109's Avatar Tyty1098/27/12 11:36 pm
1 emeralds 3.6k 11
5/30/2013 8:44 pm
Dr_prof_Luigi's Avatar Dr_prof_Luigi
I was wondering if there is a way to add a custom modpack/client to be launched with technic launcher. Because I have a bunch of minecraft clients I deal with. I also want an easier way to launch nodus because I keep having to switch between nodus and regular minecraft. I tried by copying the tekkit folder and renaming it tekki1 (wasn't wording about names) then I searched the whole technic launcher folder and found other files that had modpack names. So I added tekki1. I tried it and it didn't work so I'm just asking if there is a way to add custom modpacks.
Tyty109
Level 23 : Expert Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/30/2013 8:44 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
Dr_prof_Luigi
then run Custom mod pack 1 from tekkit and your done!
05/30/2013 8:43 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
Dr_prof_Luigi
How to make a custom mod pack on tekkit:
1. Open tekkit and select mod pack 1 (or 2 or 3, depends on if you already have mod packs)
2. Run it
3. Close your minecraft
4. (I only know how to do this with windows xp or 7, or 8, not mac, sorry) open the windows logo thing on your tool bar.
5. Click run and type in ''%appdata%"
6. You should see a folder called "Techniclauncher", open this
7. Open the folder "Custom1" (Or2 or 3, depending on what you did on step 1)
note: this installs a vanilla minecraft 1.4.7
8. Install forge (download forge and follow the instructions)
9. Put any mods you want in the mods folder in the Custom1 folder. (or where they are ment to go, read the instructions on each mod
note : then you would mod it as usual, keep in mind that this would be a 1.4.7 minecraft so you would ether use .1.4.7 mods OR put in a different .jar. You must install forge into the minecraft.jar to use mods, you would mod it as normal but only use mods for 1.4.7 or the minecraft.jar you put in the bin folder, to change what version your mod pack is, You would got to Custum1 and open the bin, you will see a file called minecraft (jar file) this is the minecraft.jar I am referring too.

I know this is long but keep in mind that it is an easy process once you try it.
ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR MINECRAFT
put any worlds you have into the saves folder (from .minecraft in Roaming to Custom1 in techniclauncher)
01/11/2013 10:53 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Pokemon
Kulkinz
i am not i wiz with coding and such same with mods but maybe magiclauncher will work
01/11/2013 10:44 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
NuclearManx
One sentence: Do not bother making a custom ZIP, if you cannot mod in the standard ".minecraft" folder.
01/11/2013 10:43 am
Level 37 : Artisan Grump
tex12347
decompile tekkit
01/11/2013 10:40 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Warrior
goldmineingdog
problem is with useing vannilla you have to most likely download mod loader forge etc cause vannilla is just vanilla... it has no modloader or anything so the modpack will have to have it or u will have to install modloader/forge
12/15/2012 9:13 pm
Level 1 : New Dragon
TheJackFlames
or you could just modify the Vanilla Minecraft in tekkit and add the mods you want in it
08/27/2012 11:45 pm
Level 37 : Artisan System
qtpriest
tekkit uses forge mod loader so anything that is supported by that should work.. it should be as easy as taking whichever mod u have and throwing it into the mod folder its kind of automatic how it will unpack everything and do it for u mods do not go into your minecraft.jar as usual.. its usually located in the appdata folder technic launcher find the folder that has the name of whichever client your are using open that and inside of that u should find the mod folder. just drag and drop start up minecraft and u should be good to go. if it breaks then maybe its not compatible with it .. the tekkit forums are a great help with versions and stuff
08/27/2012 11:43 pm
Level 23 : Expert Architect
Tyty109
Yea that's the problem. I don't know much coding and where I woe code it. Is there like a technic launcher java file or something?
08/27/2012 11:40 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Pirate
onepieceop101
you need to do some coding and stuff
08/27/2012 11:39 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
iloveeevees
i wanna add individual mods to it but i dont know how
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com