҉ ΨΨ~Debate Pvp / 1.9 Vs 1.8~ΨΨ ҉

2 emeralds 24 replies 116 views | started 12/06/2017 5:57 pm by Nightshade73
---------------------------------------------------
I declare a debate, 1.9+ combat Vs 1.8-
----------------------------------------------------
I shall start off this debate by laying down the following... I advocate for 1.9+ combat, as I believe it require's more skills and combat awareness, and provides the shield to further add complexity to that of war.

Why does it require more skill?
It does so, because in 1.8- combat is restrained to 3 major things.. Jitterclick, Strafe, and combos.
While 1.9 focuses more on, Hit timing, Dodging, block timing, maneuver strafes, and enhanced archery.
Posted by avatar
Nightshade73
Level 24 : Expert Network

24 replies

12/08/2017 11:36 am
Level 22 Expert Blockhead
Nitwick
Here's another post saying 1.9+ requires more grey matter to use and that skill can be better applied to 1.9+ combat as compared to 1.8.

My theory is that 1.9+ combat makes people think and invalidates the clickclickclickclick philosophy that minecraft players have had with PVP for years. The change forces them to PVP differently, and they don't feel like adapting.

Besides simply being too lazy/disinterested in learning the new system, I haven't heard of a viable 1.8 and before defense in regards to skill.

Perhaps servers retain 1.8 PVP for this exact reason - it doesn't take as much skill, and is thus more approachable to PVPers and gets people into the action quicker. Less thought, more clicking. Sounds suitable given the community trends.
12/08/2017 10:52 pm
Level 24 Expert Network
Nightshade73
As a small side defense to 1.8, because I used to play it all the time... It does require practice / experience to be actually good at it. A lot of people play 1.8 (still) where they just walk at you and maybe do some left to right strafing while clicking as fast as they can... The skill sense to 1.8 really out of my own experience resides in being able to land combos and keep up the strafe.

Combos are hard to explain if you don't already know what they are, but its practically part of the old game mechanic where you would "Lock" someone from hitting you at a certain distance because your hits register first, due to completing a certain type of strafe and landing a hit around the same time.

To my extent of pvping this way for years, that is typically the only Skill involved except learning to click faster...

When I switched to 1.9 however, and it took me about 2 weeks to get used to...

It requires a lot more game sense as you actually have to think about you and your enemy's move in a short amount of time, while list timing you and your opponents strikes / crits (at base gameplay swords only). And that's only the real basics of fighting in 1.9, you can take into account the high multitude of different strafes and techniques you can use to unlock advantage over your opponent.
12/08/2017 11:17 pm
Nitwick
I would not argue 1.8 and prior is no skill at all; but I would say there's more one must keep in mind to 1.9+ era. And yes, I was aware of those tactics, during the time I did get vested in PVP (not very long, it bored me quickly compared to games with far superior PVP mechanics for my tastes).

Another angle, which I haven't even touched into yet, is that pvp hacks could sometimes be difficult to notice (at the very least, they weren't uncommon in open servers). In 1.9+, I've found them to be less of an issue. Perhaps it's just because most of the people who were inclined to cheat on prior versions don't bother with 1.9+, but either way, it's a far less open issue than when I was more actively working with servers and in a position to actually monitor people for illegitimate pvp. Killaura and things making the mouse snap towards a player are fairly simple to detect; clickspam bots, not quite as much, and even some of the smarter aimbots.

People just haven't 'broken' 1.9+ pvp as much. Yet is probably the best word :p
12/08/2017 10:52 am
Level 24 Expert Network
Nightshade73
Yet to get a guy to rep 1.8
12/07/2017 2:50 pm
Level 13 Journeyman Skinner
pombeard
i like 1.9 because it means i don't die as much XD
in 1.8 it's all about who can click the fastest and who has the better gear, whereas in 1.9, it takes more skill
#1.9FTW
12/07/2017 3:11 pm
Level 24 Expert Network
Nightshade73
Before someone argues

"How do you die less in somthing that requires more skill?"

I shall unleash my premptive COUNTER ARGUMENT!! (against myself)

Is that since 1.9 holds more factors to take into account when in combat, and it most certainly in my opinion takes more skill, their are less people that match up to this skill allowing you to get more hits, making it seemingly easier for people who can actually time their hits to get kills against those who do not.
12/08/2017 2:48 pm
Level 13 Journeyman Skinner
pombeard
I die less because i'm actually good at it XD
12/07/2017 12:11 pm
Level 17 Journeyman Unicorn
MrrMidnight
1.9 brought variety. See it this way. The ones who wanted this kind of system can use it, the ones who don't, just don't. It's the beautiful way Minecraft works, they don't force you to use the latest update. 1.9 just gave people the option to use it, it's in no way mandatory.
12/07/2017 2:29 pm
Level 24 Expert Network
Nightshade73
Im at the upmost agreement,

Minecraft is free to play in any way you feel you want to play it, and that option is present in practically every (square) inch of the game allowing it to be optimised to your upmost enjoyment.

Pvp included..

But somtimes its good to have a standard on things, and when it comes to combat in this game both versions in my experiance require a differnt skill set and its hard to maintain both. Obviously custom servers not included as they are but unique, but as it comes to the basic 1.8 Vs 1.9 systems in default minecraft, I would still like to see a more general skill set between all players rather than a major devide between people that play 1.8, and 1.9...

I still like to play both on occation, but iv lost most of my strafing and cobo abilitys in turn for 1.9's new strafes iv grown accustom to because i prefer it more.
12/07/2017 2:37 pm
Level 24 Expert Network
Nightshade73
From my competative standpoint at least.
12/07/2017 11:39 am
Level 1 New Miner
uglyboi
tbh i prefer 1.9 as it makes combat overall challenging you have to think about when you should attack how you should run in and what to do not to mention all the new arrows this probably made a lot of cheaters freak out as well lol bottom-line 1.9 its not just click to win anymore

lol and i was just about to make a similar tread
12/07/2017 11:45 am
Level 24 Expert Network
Nightshade73
Maaaan, so many people in my dms and on the thread telling me 1.9 is better...

But Every time I join a pvp server or faction server with 1.8 still installed they tell me im nieve and live under a rock for thinking 1.9 is better and that people actually play it..

Usualy I win with debate (if they let me actually speak to them) but... FR im thinking now I should just make a poll with 1.9 vs 1.8 combat so I can just send that to them every time its brought up..
12/07/2017 12:08 pm
Level 1 New Miner
uglyboi
lol that would be a cool idea pvp servers HATE 1.9 pvp they are also the same people who dont like minercraft updates saying its making the game bad recently i had a debate with someone that said terracotta blocks have ruined minercaft i guess people just dont like change but idk when they will start to implement it the combat update to pvp servers
12/07/2017 2:44 pm
Level 24 Expert Network
Nightshade73
Iv met many people that dont support 1.9, and still main 1.8

Why are none on pmc to debate me? ;-;
12/07/2017 11:37 am
Level 24 Expert Network
Nightshade73
Some personal Dms I got to add the the board:

Dread: 1.9 because I lost my 1.8 PvP skills long ago

Woody: 1.9 is good

Aqua: 1.9 pls

Firebird: and 1.9

Jay_Blaze: 1.i9!

BenEnder: 1.9 FTW!

RollingZerO's: ye I like booty

Strike: I dont really pvp anymore, So I dont care...
12/07/2017 11:28 am
Level 24 Expert Network
Nightshade73
Bump?
;-;
12/07/2017 12:08 pm
Level 24 Expert Network
Nightshade73
I wonder, Is there actually a rule against bumping threads?

IV seen threads where the guy jut like posts a comment 100 times every like 5 minuts...
12/08/2017 11:31 am
Nitwick
I think the actual rule is a bump per day, though that may just apply to servers. Either way, you'll be seen, if the appropriate people care to look. In this system, I'm not sure bumping is even way too effective.
12/06/2017 6:21 pm
Level 4 Apprentice Engineer
__BlueFlame__
1.9+ is much better as it takes timing and skill meanwhile in 1.8 all you do is click m1 as fast as you can while running in circles around your opponent and eventually somebody gets a lag spike or someone joins in and one person dies. it is 100% a game of chance unless somebody is so new to minecraft they don't know how to hit.
12/06/2017 6:44 pm
Level 24 Expert Network
Nightshade73
I agree with you that 1.8 is extremely reliant on Jitterclicking and circle strafes, but there is still skill involved and I don't believe that can be argued.

1.9 is still better

invite some people to the discussion, I'm really curious as to what some people will come up with to defend it, and I want to debate.
12/06/2017 8:09 pm
Level 24 Expert Network
Nightshade73
How say you?

Search

Browse

Site

© planetminecraft.com

Welcome