1.12 Discussion

Greystalk's Avatar Greystalk3/30/17 8:13 pm
1 emeralds 558 5
3/31/2017 12:09 am
OtakuMC's Avatar OtakuMC
So we just got a new snapshot for 1.12 and I want to know what everyone thinks of this update http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/1.12. Please keep everything civil. I want to hear your guys' opinions, but if you're say things like "Minecraft is ruined" please don't. Discussion and criticism yes, complaining no.

So personally, I love all the new blocks, especially the terracotta. I don't see myself using the concrete that much, but it's still nice to have.

Advancements I'm pretty neutral about, although I'm excited to get into the custom aspect of it.

The new recipe system I think is is awesome. It doesn't really affect vanilla gameplay, and it will be great for adventure maps and such. The recipe book is cool, no more opening internet and waiting for the wiki to load every time I forget a recipe.

I'm conflicted about the parrots. I love that we have a new tamable pet (even if it doesn't have a use), but there's no way to make your parrot stay like a cat or a dog, and what's the point of the shoulder mechanic if it's just gonna fall off when you jump. I guess I like it, but it needs some changes.

Let me know what you guys think.
Greystalk
Level 45 : Master Ranger

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/30/2017 10:59 pm
Level 45 : Master Ranger
Greystalk
MrGentleZombie However, playing in the second snapshot, minecraft is ruined. I can handle a minor bug here or there, but not being able to craft renders SMP unplayable. Until they fix it (which I'm sure they soon will) the second snapshot is pretty much unplayable.

That's why it's a snapshot and not the official release.
03/30/2017 10:19 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Pixel Painter
Jakarian Studios
You can disable it.
03/31/2017 12:09 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
OtakuMC
THANK YOU GOD!
03/30/2017 9:38 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
OtakuMC
Is no one going to talk about how servers are going to abuse the text to speech?

I can see it now:

Every 5 minutes a text to speech going up telling everyone to donate.

Servers are gunna get bad.
03/30/2017 8:27 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Crafter
MrGentleZombie
The first snapshot is okay. The terracotta is cool, but its noisy, funky texture must be used sparingly. So sparingly, in fact, that it isn't really all that big of a deal. The second snapshot seems cool, but once the novelty of narrator and parrots wear off, I don't think those features will be to big of a deal. However, playing in the second snapshot, minecraft is ruined. I can handle a minor bug here or there, but not being able to craft renders SMP unplayable. Until they fix it (which I'm sure they soon will) the second snapshot is pretty much unplayable.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome