Discussion about MC and other sandbox building limit

ChinaStarGateFan's Avatar ChinaStarGateFan2/23/20 12:37 am
1 emeralds 113
2/23/2020 1:05 am
's Avatar
I always make spaceships Map

The larger the spaceship, the more details, but if you say that a block represents one meter, you can hardly restore some very detailed things, you have to lose some details, so I will basically make several versions to meet different needs.My works are created based on 1.12.2 because optfine can be hundreds of times faster than 1.7.10, even if I have 64 views every time.

At the same time, I don't like to use too many kinds of blocks, because when you export the rendering, you will have to spend more time to adjust the shader. This is really time consuming. My plan is to use mc as a model. Tools, and then I can use these maps to make my own animations, etc. This can give people a clearer architectural idea than modeling, because it is for you to really build, that is a world! But with a height of 256, I can't stand it.

As you all know, many spacecraft in science fiction are larger than this height, and you can only use model mods for details. But I really hope to be more than 256.

Maybe some people will say, hey, you can try these space sandboxes such as Starcraft Skyline Space Engineer and so on.

But in fact, the upper limit of these games is not as good as mc. I tried to build Atlantis in the space engineer, which is also a thousand squares in size. The result was made, but my computer ca n’t afford it, and the building is also because of physics. The grid goes over the ceiling and you pass directly through it, instead of standing on it.

No matter how big the MC is, at least this problem does not occur. But the relative height is limited again.

So I guess one is a hardware problem. At the present stage, most sandbox games eat single cores. CPUs with dozens of cores cannot be used at all, and single cores are the strongest. The best single-core CPUs that can be bought generally may not be able to bear it.

Another problem is software. Maybe those developers can consider multiple cores. After all, the times have changed. If you can work on optimization and don't set an upper limit, that's fine.
Of course, there is no such limit for animation film and television, but when will the maximum limit for sandbox games be increased? Maybe ten years? Because the hardware does not develop optical optimization, it is not necessarily useful.

I can only wait, I give up now, the limitation is indeed, but fortunately there is no such limitation in the novel.
ChinaStarGateFan
Level 56 : Grandmaster Artist