forum Forumsplay_arrow Minecraft fiber_manual_record Discussion

Discussion: Will microsoft kill minecraft?

1 emerald4 replies130 views
created 12/27/2014 7:28 pm by Treyvaderxio
last reply 12/27/2014 7:43 pm
With the recent and controversial (?) event of Microsoft buying minecraft, Alot are saying that microsoft is going to ruin the game. Now my personal thoughts are, well, no. Microsoft didn't spend 2 billion on a game just to ruin it, there not stupid. And with tons of rich nerds carrying minecraft the games most likely never gonna die now. Also, screw notch for selling us out. Hope he chokes on that 2 bil.
Posted by avatar
Treyvaderxio
Level 10 : Journeyman Warrior

4 replies

12/27/2014 7:43 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Batman
Cid_of_Lufenia
Well Microsoft didn't really buy minecraft in a sense Mojang is still updating and developing it, what is really going on in Microsoft now has a significant share in and now makes a fair bit of profit from it. Mojang is still handling the updates to the game and how it is sold but now Microsoft has a little bit of say in the progress the game is going to make.

I personally think the game is going to be fine for a very long time (I mean eventually the game will stop being updated and the modders will stop making mods) and the recent developments are likely to be not too big of a deal.
12/27/2014 7:36 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Architect
decisivecombos
I agree with you, all of these dumb rumors of "Microsoft is going to add in Monthly payments" is absolutely absurd. Microsoft knows what makes Minecraft the game it is, and really, you may not see any difference at all. And also, Notch wasn't working on Minecraft when Microsoft sold the deal. He passed on leadership to jeb a little bit before.
12/27/2014 7:33 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Modder
GamerAuthority
tbh i think minecraft was going to die with mojangs hands anyways.

if you spend a lot of time on the bukkit forums, you will understand
12/27/2014 7:30 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Mlem Mlem Bat
Insanity
the 2bil was split between employees

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome