Do you buy from server shops? Are they too expensive?

ZonkedCompanion's Avatar ZonkedCompanion11/19/19 8:24 am
1 emeralds 255 7
1/16/2020 8:45 am
SandOof4's Avatar SandOof4
I have been looking around at what other server owners are doing to cover running costs and I have been shocked to discover the extortionate prices in their shops.

Server shops on the whole seem very expensive with purchases usually starting with a value in excess of £10 and anywhere up to a value of £100s.

Some owners must be making an absolute killing off this game!

I'm curious how many people actually use these shops and can afford to pay these kinds of prices for ranks and in-game perks and items...

Do you think server shops should be more affordable?

Poll ended 11/26/2019 8:24 am.

ZonkedCompanion
Level 32 : Artisan Pirate

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/16/2020 8:45 amhistory
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
SandOof4
If you buy things for a server, it has to be from a trusted source, it has to have a good price and others. Many servers ignore this things because their owners want very much money. Like for example Hypixel ranks VIP and VIP+ have a fair price, but any MPV is too expensive for very much people. Not everyone uses the dollar.
Also buying the normal MPV is stupid because its the same as VIP+ that is cheaper
11/20/2019 4:54 pmhistory
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Demolitionist
busterdogtnt
I don't because in a couple of years the server will die and I will have lost money.
11/20/2019 3:36 pmhistory
Level 53 : Grandmaster uwu
Eclipse
Most of these servers don't even follow the Minecraft EULA: https://help.mojang.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1590522-minecraft-commercial-use

These servers are way too overpriced and most of the time p2w, but unfortunately Minecraft just doesn't do anything about it.(or at least not that i have heard of)

a good example of a server like this is: https://store.pokeplay.io/ a pixelmon server that apparently made 233k dollars....

i honestly would never purchase something from a server shop like this one, unless it has a reasonable price and no RNG/p2w system.
11/20/2019 11:46 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Servers have no economic sense, mainly because most servers are made by people who don't know a thing about server management and just kinda flop their way around the tools that are made as simple as possible, let alone try to learn economics. They shouldn't be approached as value - what you get one place can be gotten cheaper or free elsewhere, or you can get it yourself elsewhere - and rather as 'donations' where you happen to get something from it if you really feel like burning money towards a server's operation (how fruitful that is, well, that varies). Funny considering many servers actually do call it donation, but they use the inverse logic - if you're paying to get something, that's hardly a donation. The below comment is on the right track, where some servers just go out and say 'here's a way to donate and be acknowledged for it'.

So for getting goods, I find servers typically offering absolutely nothing of value. My motivation would fall back on supporting the community. I'd only bother if a server is managed in a way that leaves me confident of its longevity. Most don't, because again, most just threw a server together on a whim and/or they just wanted to feel strong. The exceptions are certainly around of course. But even someone who devotes a lot of effort and even gets a good bit of money is not someone who will necessarily stay running three months later. In practice, unless I really know the person, I wouldn't bother spending my money at all. I could operate my own server, or more to the point, spend it on something closer to what I actually need.
11/24/2019 8:33 am
Level 1 : New Network
asdjfoiaaoisd
Thanks, I really appreciate the advice. I often see one too many servers who offer ranks up to $200! It's absolutely ridiculous! They don't even offer refunds :P
11/20/2019 2:50 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Pirate
ZonkedCompanion
This is basically my view on it.

I find it astounding what people are willing to throw their hard earned cash at.
11/19/2019 8:28 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
CRUGG
I do sometimes buy from servers. Let me explain when I do that and when not. There are servers, which for example sell currency, five ranks for expensive prices, and there are servers which sell one rank, which has a prefix and some minor features for a little price, which is more meant as a "Thank-You" for donators than really buying something.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome