Do you think Minecraft is getting worse? If so, why?

AmericanBagel's Avatar AmericanBagel5/15/19 9:24 am
2 emeralds 1.8k 11
5/21/2019 5:36 am
DinowCookie's Avatar DinowCookie
Do you think Minecraft is getting worse? Do you think it's headed in a bad direction? Do you not enjoy playing it anymore? Why? Share your thoughts in the comments.

Thank you!
AmericanBagel
Level 43 : Master Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/21/2019 5:36 am
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
DinowCookie
Personally I am enjoying the game more than ever. Not because the game itself improved per say, but because anonpmc2558251 & I finally have a server of our own which took off and has a fun, enjoyable player base which is just really inspiring to me.

For the first time I really get to see how a broad variety of players choose to go about their survival gameplay and it causes me to constantly find new, fun things to do in-game whereas before I would get bored easily after having built my first base and gathering some valueables. The game really is as limited as your own imagination. 😅
05/21/2019 5:19 amhistory
Level 32 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
Content in the recent [1.13/1.14] has been a mixed bag, but there has been an overall disquieting trend toward pushing a specific style of play via changes to mechanics.

IMO, the great strength of MC has been that it was (largely) an electronic equivalent of Legos or TinkerToys or Mechano/Erector sets that provided a sandbox for user creativity.

Unlike earlier RPG-esque additions (mansions, locator maps, etc) the new spawn mechanics and the reactive ways in which iron farming has been repeatedly broken are not avoidable by those who prefer to march to the beat of a non-MS/Mj drummer.

The continuing performance issues are another area in which MC has been declining. [The idea that Optifine level performance cannot be achieved by a department of professionals beggars the imagination.]
The continuing issues with bugs (many years old, and some with published coding fixes) is also inexcusable.

As is the adherence to a release schedule without regard to the readiness of the product for release.
Changes to basic mechanics were (and continue to be) made when debugging should have required the feature set and the basic mechanics to have been 'frozen' by the "pre-releases" (if not the early snapshots).
[Snapshots are intended to be developemental releases, but getting play results from the community becomes of little value if the feature set is not stable.... and each change permutes outwards introducing new interactions (and potentially new bugs). ]
05/19/2019 3:45 pm
Level 20 : Expert Taco
Diamondpuppy808
It all depends on how you play the game, if you love exploring, you'll love all the new updates, if you enjoy mining you'll be disappointed that 1.15 apparently won't be a cave update, if you love pvp you won't like the new updates because the current combat is horrible for pvp.

tbh for me I can't decide whether I like or hate the new updates, like I LOVE pvp and I LOVE survival. So I can never really decide whether I like the updates or not.
05/19/2019 3:15 pm
Level 40 : Master Wolf Whisperer
Starryspectrum
Nope, it's getting better with each update. The more blocks available, the more variety people's builds have!
05/19/2019 2:49 pm
Level 87 : Elite Deity
Captain_JEK
No, everything's cool for me. The more different blocks they introduce the more opportunities I have as a builder ^^
05/19/2019 2:42 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Farmer
BabyBlueberry
I really dislike it a lot now. Minecraft has been getting updates, yeah, but most of them are all cosmetic with just enough "look see this does something" to make it seem relevant. Minecraft has continued to ignore a lot of player requests, and everything that's been added seems really un-fleshed out. I mean come on. Foxes literally only eat berries and kill chickens.

Out of the past updates literally the only positives I can name are the elytra and those wood blocks that have bark all the way around them that I forget the name of.

I've never really enjoyed survival, I'm a creative kinda person, but at this point survival is unplayable to me because there's literally just so much useless crap and new biomes that expand as far as the eye can see and prevents me from getting to the biome I actually need resources from. The new way that worlds spawn is also super jank, all my world spawn together on a scale of funky to literally smashed together checkerboard.

Literally all I want are vertical half slabs. Jesus christ. One thing. Just one. Please.
05/19/2019 1:17 pmhistory
Level 16 : Journeyman Skinner
JustAPotatoOk
I think it is getting better and better. I don't get why everyone is saying it is getting worse. I like how they updated the look for glass. And the new Scaffolding block is just awesome to me. One thing I don't like is how you have to type out /gamemode creative or other modes when they could have left it simple and short where you can just type /gamemode 1. Also I think the spam click for swords would have been more fun if they kept that. That's just a few of my opinions. I guess I'm kinda in the middle actually.
05/16/2019 4:52 am
Level 73 : Legendary Modder
dreamCritting
i don't like the new 1.13+ commands and there aren't many mods for 1.13+ but I liked every update until 1.13, not being able to craft golden apples is kinda naff tho and polar bears are just dumb
05/16/2019 4:59 amhistory
Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
The new 1.13 commands are to provide more options when running commands and make it easier. This is most beneficial to people creating advanced systems using commands. For example, raycasting. It used to take more than 100 command blocks to make it and now it only takes a few.

But I do agree with you on the golden apples and polar bear
05/15/2019 3:11 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Architect
Th4tM0nk3y
There are a few thing I don't like, and a few thinks I have actually grown to like, so let's compose a little list:

Things I dislike:
- Performance has gone worse and worse over the time because the AI's of certain mobs seem to be rough on CPU
- Changing of "core" mechanics when it comes to farms (specifically with villagers, see iron farms, e.g)
- Pushing exploration of the map into the foreground, I was never a fan of having to run for longer periods of time.
- Many of the new mobs seem just to be there for "content"
- The block pallette is getting bigger and bigger, with some blocks taking forever to gather large amount of

Things I (have grown to) like:
- Shulkerboxes (storage in general)
- Improved modes of transportation (2 player boats, elytra)
- Redstone

I personally remember the time when finding a village was a (somewhat) rare thing, all in all the game feels a bit overloaded by now. And combining that with a sometimes shitty performance, I pretty much only update once a new version of Optifine is out.

This is a personal opinion and I need large time frames between playing it by now. A year or two back I would play for 5-6 hours a day, now I am down to maybe (if even) 2-4 hours every two weeks at max.

So yeah, I feel like the game is heading in a bad direction, but what can a single person do about this? Pretty much nothing, right?

Cheers,
Tr4shM0nk3y
05/15/2019 2:41 pm
Level 26 : Expert Creeper
ItsDaCreeperOfficial
It keeps getting better and better
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome