Epic Survival Server Idea: Desert Sci-Fi Alien Planet

TriusMalarky's Avatar TriusMalarky6/26/18 6:14 pm
1 emeralds 105 5
6/27/2018 11:59 am
TriusMalarky's Avatar TriusMalarky
The server would be called EXODUS-17.

Backstory:

Mankind has ruined Earth, and has left in search of a planet to live on.

You, along with thousands of others, left on the EXODUS-17 intergalactic shuttle.

But the pilot aimed the ship wrong, and turned on the warp drive...

After crashing on a desert alien planet, you must survive, crafting weapons, surviving disease, and fending off alien creatures.

Welcome to EXODUS-17

Content:
The entire world will be a desert, with custom structures and mobs. Instead of normal crafting, players will craft guns and ammunition. Food will be rare, as will wood. The occasional oasis will keep many alive, and surprises will be around every corner. Normal mobs will be replaced with new, difficult mobs, and the occasional huntable animal. There will be periodic "solar apocalypses" in which the day is literally baking the ground and the night freezes it over.

There may or may not be light(5-15m) deathbans. Probably not, unless people want them.

What do you think? Join the discord channel here, and reply, chat, PM me, or talk in the Disc channel!
TriusMalarky
Level 2 : Apprentice Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/27/2018 11:59 am
TriusMalarky
Question: How would you feel about making it Pay to Play? The probable cost would be anywhere from $1-5 initially, with extra donator ranks that cost a little more, with some cool aesthetics to comply with the EULA and keep donations balanced.

I'm not saying it's necessary, but it can cut down immature players and hackers(mainly because hackers will hack because they can't get everything for free, so they hack and get it for free anyway).

I could also utilize small deathbans, maybe a couple hours. This would achieve a similar state; mature players online.

Which do you think is best? I want to reduce hackers, immature newbs who scream "HAXOR" when they die, and other generally unfun players. Of course, this would cut a large amount of the Minecraft crowd out of the target audience, but the goal is to snatch mature, skilled players' attention with the main promise of a quality game and a lack of scrubs.
06/26/2018 6:31 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Cake
carbonawk
ow god........the horror
06/26/2018 9:05 pm
TriusMalarky
As in, the level of difficulty, or something else you are implying?

I quite like difficult games.

And, for your information, it would be balanced so hat you wouldn't be spending hours digging for wood and searching for an oasis; you'd be able to get wood as if it were about twice as common as coal and dirt, along with other items, will be craftable, making it not impossible without finding the right places, just significantly more difficult, and some amounts of grinding may be required(small enough to keep you busy for an hour or two, but not bored out of your mind).
06/26/2018 9:10 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Cake
carbonawk
as in difficulty to live on your server. It sounds like fun :P
06/26/2018 9:24 pm
TriusMalarky
I hope enough people like it -- I can start prototyping the world generation sometime next month, releasing the server sometime in early fall if it all goes to plan. I'm just waiting on the paycheck.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome