Favourite Canonical Mob?near_me

SprucedVanilla's Avatar SprucedVanilla5/28/23 4:37 pm history
7/19/2023 9:01 pm
Robotics5's Avatar Robotics5
I'm the head developer of Spruced Vanilla, a WIP datapack that aims to triple the amount of Minecraft's content, while staying interesting and vanilla-friendly.

What are some mobs that Mojang have designed, but have never come to normal Minecraft?

This could be your favourite mob from a mob vote, or maybe a creature from one of the spin-off games like Minecraft: Dungeons or Minecraft: Legends.

Basically, I'm wanting to add many of these mobs to Spruced Vanilla, and I need ideas on which ones to add and what they would do. (And how they'd expand on gameplay).

Mobs I've already added:

Enchanter, Iceologer, Geomancer, Illusioner, Hovering Inferno.

Join the discord here and if your suggestion gets added you'll receive a unique role, and me notified when the datapack releases (for free, for everyone)!

discord.gg/ZVNVvU9hTW
SprucedVanilla
Level 42 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/19/2023 9:01 pm
Level 45 : Master Technomancer
Robotics5
Furnace golem and tropical slime from minecraft earth
06/28/2023 7:27 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc565853
[deleted]
06/21/2023 1:13 pm
Level 41 : Master Mage
The Great Magispeller
Royal Guards, They Look Kinda Cool
06/11/2023 1:36 am
Level 1 : New Mage
Xcraft12
Herobrine. Canonically he was removed from the game. maybe put him back?
06/11/2023 12:57 am
Level 30 : Artisan Nerd
EarthySpruce
I’ve always liked the Moobloom :D
06/10/2023 5:43 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
RHM77
mob vote competitors that lost. (Copper Golem, Vulture, Moobloom, Alpaca, Etc.)
05/28/2023 5:56 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Meme
illager
well id be happy to see the golden parrot (from MCD) be added. :)
05/28/2023 7:07 pm
SprucedVanilla
Haha you're back on another one of my posts!

A golden parrot would be sweet, and could provide more value to Minecraft's jungles.
We'd get to come up with our own use for it in Spruced Vanilla, since in MCD it's purely cosmetic.

Maybe every 1 in 20 parrots spawns as a golden one, and having a tamed golden parrot near you gives you
a small jump boost / speed boost?

And to make up for the extra abilities the parrot would only have 1 hp, so you'd have to protect it carefully.
05/28/2023 5:30 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Ranger
Gargan
5 years later and I'm still salty that the monster of the ocean depths lost the mob vote.

06/28/2023 7:29 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc565853
[deleted]
05/28/2023 7:09 pm
SprucedVanilla
Honestly, if I could add any single mob vote mob it would be this, too.

The only problem is it'd be really hard to implement!

I would probably add a new, rarer, and much larger shipwreck type that can generate about as often as ocean monuments. You would find the monster of the ocean depths here, guarding the treasure like the warden guards ancient cities. And maybe in the shipwreck you would find a kraken tentacle that acts like a lasso, letting you hold on to mobs and pull them towards you (possibly dealing damage as well, and stunning players).
05/28/2023 8:57 pmhistory
Level 33 : Artisan Ranger
Gargan
I like the idea of the mob hanging around shipwrecks, but I don't think it should be limited to a single one.

An idea I have in mind is that this mob would inhabit a unique ocean biome that would be about as rare as mushroom islands. This biome would look distinct from other ocean biomes so that unprepared players who know what lurks within would know to steer clear. I'm thinking that the biome would be a "ship graveyard", featuring a ramped up shipwreck generation that incentivizes players to explore and loot. There could also be a unique shipwreck that only has a chance of generating in ship graveyards that holds very powerful loot.

I'm thinking that the mob would uncommonly spawn naturally throughout ship graveyards. It would have above average health and damage, similar to hoglins or endermen.

It would be cool to have the mob be an actual warden type enemy, but I can't really think of good ways to balance it so that encountering it isn't an immediate death sentence.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome