Find out what your IGN - Minecraft name really means....

craftergurl's Avatar craftergurl1/27/16 11:42 am
1 emeralds 5.6k 118
5/26/2016 10:57 am
Flappo's Avatar Flappo
When a player picks a name they want it to convey a message about themself. It might be who they are or who they want to be ie; to be like Sky the kid. Some pick names like griefer or hacker etc. Then sometimes they log on new servers and immediately get banned instead of making friends. Then they wonder why and say "no fair" well its all about the name. Think about it! What do you want your name to say about you ie a talent of yours like...artistic, or your behavior...friendly, cooperative, rule follower, will be good staff if promoted or Exactly the opposite. So many players ask what do you think of my name? The real question is what do you want others to think of your name because that is most likely the message others are getting.Please respond with a name you saw that stuck out and you remembered for some reason I really would like to hear some names ps I thought of this because today someone logged on my server with a name like "big hacker" I got concernd and thought of banning him before he did anything but he did nothing but play minigames. I then wondered why he choose such a name?
craftergurl
Level 33 : Artisan Princess

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/26/2016 10:57 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
Flappo
Soooo, MrrMidnight.
Not a long story.
Well, I watched the playthrough of the game Fran Bow on Markiplier.
I got touched by the story of it, it got me good, especially the end of it.
And as some of you may already have guessed, I totally love cats.
The name of the cat in Fran Bow was Mr. Midnight.
I decided to change it a bit to MrrMidnight. Because when you say Mrr seperately it almost sounds like a cat purring. (in my opinion)
So, I decided to stick with this name since I loved it so much.
The story behind the name just was so beautiful, see it yourself on Markipliers channel.
That was it. ;p
Thanks for reading.
05/26/2016 10:50 am
Level 20 : Expert Hunter
Monotone
I've had a lot of usernames, but I'll just pick randomly from them.

EpixArtist, my first Minecraft IGN, was me being high on myself and thinking I was good at art (I'm not)

Blinque, one of my more recent ones, was a twist on the X-Men character Blink.

Alvermina, another of my recent ones, is the name of a character in one of my favorite book series.

My current one, ItsBenjiii, is a reference to the Mission: Impossible character, Benjamin "Benji" Dunn.
05/26/2016 10:43 am
Level 28 : Expert Princess
Aesthicc
Woah.. everyone has such awesome backstories to their names.

My name comes from my love of creepy-pasta, criminology and slightly weird infatuation with serial killers.

"Emevas" Is "saveme" spelt backwards, it's super simple and that also kinda explains me? I'm a pretty simple person (Now i know i sound like I'm calling myself stupid, cause most of the time i am)

My name also comes from a tv series called "criminal minds" and if you know me, you know i love binging on series. The name is similar to a serial killer from the show.

So yea! Not that interesting..but i enjoyed reading the back stories of peoples names!

Also! My current MC user name is "LostIzellah" it accounts both creepy and me, because Izellah means little princess, and ofc i'm a princess c:.
05/26/2016 10:03 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Prince
Prince Oceanus
My username happened to be based off something I had come up with loooong before I ever joined PMC. I had trouble thinking of an intro for my Let's Play practice, and came up with the name Mantaman99. Now, after much thought, I found this username to be quite boring, and looked to find another username for YouTube and things like that. I was just about to give up hope when my 5th grade teacher had us watch a video on the Mayflower. There was only one child born on the Mayflower, and there is still some debate about whether the child was named Oceanus or Oceana. I stuck with the opinion that it was a boy, and that's where the Oceanus part came from. My favourite number (for reasons unknown) is 5000, so I looked for a way to combine them. Now, if you know who Gaiacrusher9 is on YouTube, you can see that her name is pretty cool. I made a mental note of that, and began brainstorming ideas, eventually coming up with my iconic username, Oceanus5000, which I use for just about everything that I can make an account for. ;D And that's the story of my username.

~Ocean
05/26/2016 5:10 am
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Wolf Whisperer
Myyoyo
I call myself FistoF, because I love Kit Fisto's (from Star Wars) smile. "F", because I'm filmmaker.

05/26/2016 4:45 am
Level 25 : Expert Prince
astrashira
My username is technically what my actual name is, but it's like, I used the meaning of my first and second name and translated it into Japanese, cause I think Japanese is a nice language. :T

And I have another username: PastelSkelly

It was like that because I came to love Pastel Colours and Skeletons xD
So yeah it kinda sticks with me for a whole long while
05/26/2016 4:21 am
Level 30 : Artisan Explorer
prototype464
The origin of my IGN, prototype464, came from a show called Prototype This. It was a TV show about these guys who would build these really cool prototypes and make odd vehicles and such. I thought the word prototype sounded cool, and that it fits my personality. Always improving, getting better at the minute, if I fail, I retry and do it better. I decided 464 seemed like a good number choice, so prototype464 was born. My other IGN, LordProto, is a whole other story.
05/26/2016 1:12 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
Meanie
One of my friends called me a meanie one time. I took it as an username because I think it fits me.
05/25/2016 8:45 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Lumberjack
Sergeant Sarcasm
My username implies that I'm a very serious, mature, business oriented person.
05/25/2016 8:42 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
InkSpot
InkSpot
I have no clue what that means about me. I mean i like to write in pens so..
#1penfan
05/25/2016 8:41 pm
Level 40 : Master Blockhead
Grannitangle
AskerOfOP because of those bogus server reviewers who just want an admin rank. If you've been on a new server you'll get the joke.
05/25/2016 8:36 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
Mine is Woodilicious.

I would go into detail as to why that's what I chose, but I'm getting the vibe that no one really cares about other peoples' story, especially when this thread is 10 pages in.
#OptimismFTW
05/25/2016 8:30 pm
Level 48 : Master Goblin
Barmasets
Mine is weird word I made. For NO reason. It just popped into my head. And it stuck. And then I made it into a name for an email account, and then that turned into a username that I would use when I didn't know what else to use, and THEN, the name turned into my Minecraft name. I still don't know why I use the name, probably because I'm too lazy to make a better one.

Also the name does sound weird, and I'm weird, so it's a perfect match
05/25/2016 3:06 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
HeroMaid
My name came from my love of the Herobrine stories, which is why theres the Hero part. and i also love Maid outfits so really my IGN should be Hero'sMaid, but i think that too much of a give away
05/25/2016 12:16 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Ladybug
Xenoniuss
Came up with Xenonius as I like chemistry, even though I suck at it...

It comes from the element Xenon and is a noble gas, as noble as I am C:

And GTzombiekiller? Idk where I came up with that, will probably change it to Xenonius very soon...
05/25/2016 8:54 am
Level 29 : Expert Architect
Dras
My previous ign and my current pmc name is pretty self explanatory.

My current ign "Drasolite" came about when thinking of a cool new name so I thought of dragons. Cause who doesn't like dragons. (don't say you don't)
05/25/2016 8:18 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Button Pusher
Officerkit
My name has a long history behind it. Ever since I was 3, I was playing videogames, but only small ones on things like the vTech console. When I was 5, my brother upgraded me to MapleStory (crappy game), and we collectively decided my name will be Jordkit. Jord, meaningly Jordan, my first name and Kit for my love of the Warriors book series and my love for cats.

Officerkit came from when there was an update in Maplestory a few years ago, Edelstein and there was a huge popular farming monster called Patrol Officer or something. Also, I love the letter O, so I decided "Officerkit" for my second character.

All of my other names (this is my only account on this site) came from different derivations, but they all have kit in them.
05/25/2016 7:20 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Narwhal
Existential
My main account is called SilverWarrior_1, for three reasons. Silver is my favorite colour (so is green, but GreenWarrior_1 sounded stupid). Warrior is for one of my favorite book series, Warriors. The 1 is for my birth year, 2001 (and coincidentally 1 is in all of my birth dates [my birth date is 12-16-01 for those of you who would care for some reason]). The underscore means nothing. I just use it as a spacer.
Since my name is so long, I'm usually called mainly silver. It's usually changed into other things, too, such as silv, sil, etc. My nickname on the two servers I go on is Umbreon (the whole word is black but the o is yellow to resemble the yellow rings). So I'm also called umbreon, umb, etc.

My alt is called Infinite_Flight for one reason. I have an idea for a book series, and one of the main characters is the lead singer of a band called Infinite Flight. I thought about it and deemed it a good username (also becuase Infinity_ was taken).
I'm usually called flight or infinite.
05/25/2016 4:07 am
Level 27 : Expert Network
Pines
my name is raiu anyways, so i picked it as my username

originality, right?
05/25/2016 3:06 am
Level 28 : Expert Button Pusher
yoda473
The thread has been resurrected!
05/25/2016 1:40 am
Level 22 : Expert Network
YTCereal
CrytheSkeleton is my ign
The meaning is:
My life is dark.
and basicly just broken inside
05/24/2016 7:28 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Warrior
danny-cali
DeerJesus came from a typo, and a play on words.
05/24/2016 6:25 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Dercen
I got my name from clicking the random name button on World of Warcraft.
05/24/2016 6:15 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Arcanuo
Arcanuo came from a really bad spelling mistake of the word Arcane, and it just sort of stuck.
05/24/2016 5:57 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Pokemon
Reso_
Mine's short for ResoluteGuardian, and people just call me 'Reso' for since it's easier to say and type, so it just stuck and I've been Reso ever since lol. Sadly, Reso is taken, so I had to go with Reso_
05/25/2016 11:27 am
craftergurl
awesome
05/24/2016 5:55 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Pokemon
JediJerboa
The name NinjaGerbils was a childhood name from when I owned gerbils. They would jump around like ninjas, but that wasn't the end of it. The full name came from a comment on my running skills, where I could move like a ninja, but I had the stamina of a gerbil. So the name stuck.
05/24/2016 5:43 pm
Level 44 : Master Sweetheart
Calendar Man
Mine means that I'm a narcissistic pessimist who dwells in the basement looking for attention.

Just kidding, I came up with this name when I was like, 6-7 because I thought harps were fancy, and I claimed was a step above the rest. At least, I think that's where my name came from...
01/31/2016 12:38 pm
craftergurl
Mercer444
Havingfun_ISKEYWarriorCatFan237 has a VERY long history. I started reading Warrior Cats in the fourth grade, and I coincidentally joined Animal Jam (I have no life) in the same year. I just wanted "WarriorCatFan", but it was already taken, and I didn't like any of the suggestions they gave me, so I just slapped in three random numbers to get a catchy name. Technically, though, my name was "warriorcatfan237" because I never bothered to capitalize my name, and then I was stuck with it.

As for Havingfun_ISKEY, this one is just as dumb. More than a year ago, I first watched Jacksepticeye play Five Nights at Freddy's and I fell in love with the game. He is always saying "SPEED IS KEY!" so I modified the statement a bit for my Youtube account name. It was actually HavingFun ISKEY, but when I joined this site, I couldn't do spaces and I didn't bother to capitalize the "F" in my name either.
amazing I didnt see "is key" untill now ty for explaining that

The amount of times I've read your username and never realised ISKEY is two words...
01/30/2016 7:03 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Ickyskymaze
My IGN is IckySkyMaze.
Well, when I was a young whippersnapper, I loved legos. So obviously when the lego online game (Lego Universe) was made I played it like crazy. To make a name you have to chose three words, mine was Icky, Sky, and Maze, but I thought that 'Icky' was 'lucky'. Sooo, I thought it was LuckySkyMaze, I thought that was so cool when I was little, hehe. My brother told me that it was Icky, not Lucky. >\\\< There, story time over.
01/30/2016 6:39 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Artist
z6i
IGN's 3_7.

Dun goofed while putting in this username, and it stuck.
I think it was supposed to be 427 (Stanley's Office #) but it didn't work and I accidented the name into 327, both didn't work for me, so I just went with this.
01/30/2016 5:34 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
ArnavN
My name is ArnavN.

Kind of complicated on how I got this name, but so one day a long time ago I was making an account on some website and then they asked for a username, so I put my name. It was already taken so I just added the first letter of my laste name and therefore, ArnavN. I basically use that now on everything I have including minecraft.
01/30/2016 2:26 pm
Level 46 : Master Technomancer
Melancholism
Mine is Melancholy...
I chose that name cuz melancholy is an awesome word, and I've felt melancholy before. Idk it just felt like it suited me... <3
01/30/2016 12:18 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Grump
SpringyDoobyDoo
I think that this one that I currently have, JamesTheGamerTem, is the 4th username I've had. 4th.

My first username was Dinoshark32. It was a username I had for Poptropica, because I liked dinosaurs and the character name was Clean Shark, and since I couldn't think of anything that creative when I joined Minecraft I just used that.

After name changes were announced, I immediately started thinking of new usernames because I didn't like Dinoshark32 very much. (Especially since I found out that Dinoshark was some TV show for reasons I don't freaking know) Then when name changes came out, JamesEnder13 was born.

JamesEnder13 was pretty much combining my real name, Enderman, and 13 together. I liked how it sounded so I stuck with it for a long while.

At one point I made a joke username called King_O_Endermen. It was to joke around with some dude called King_O_Cheese on a server since he said nobody would copy his name like so many people copied the mods. The name lasted until I could change it again.

I reverted back to JamesEnder13, but it was because of some events on Google+ that I changed it at all. I won't go into full details, but I reset my account to get someone off my tail and I had to think of a new name. (He still found me, so it was pretty much pointless)

James the Gamer Dude was the backup username on there that I used, and I soon changed it to James the Gamer Tem since my profile picture was Temmie from Undertale and nobody would stop saying "hOI" to me.

And since I decided for that to be my internet name, JamesTheGamerTem as my Minecraft username is most likely here to stay.
01/30/2016 12:02 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Fisherman
Aegeah
My original username is one I came up with myself a loooong time ago. It was so long ago that Roblox was popular. I wanted to play Roblox, and so I signed up, but I couldn't think of a username. I just decided to use the name of pokemon at the time (Gengar) but it was taken, so I added a little pizzazz to it, Thus, "Gengha" was born. And I was a weird kid, so I was like "It's pronounced Jenga."

As for my recent usernames (Binate and Captor), I chose them because I'm trash and I love Sollux Captor. Somehow the name "Captor" wasn't taken, so I took it. Then I had my other account which was still called "Gliese" at the time - because I was edgy and named it after a star in the Aquarius constellation so I had justification to use an Eridan skin - and I just decided to name it something themed after the number two. Ta-da, now Binate exists, although I'm planning to chance it soon.
01/30/2016 10:32 am
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Princess
Havingfun_ISKEY
WarriorCatFan237 has a VERY long history. I started reading Warrior Cats in the fourth grade, and I coincidentally joined Animal Jam (I have no life) in the same year. I just wanted "WarriorCatFan", but it was already taken, and I didn't like any of the suggestions they gave me, so I just slapped in three random numbers to get a catchy name. Technically, though, my name was "warriorcatfan237" because I never bothered to capitalize my name, and then I was stuck with it.

As for Havingfun_ISKEY, this one is just as dumb. More than a year ago, I first watched Jacksepticeye play Five Nights at Freddy's and I fell in love with the game. He is always saying "SPEED IS KEY!" so I modified the statement a bit for my Youtube account name. It was actually HavingFun ISKEY, but when I joined this site, I couldn't do spaces and I didn't bother to capitalize the "F" in my name either.
01/30/2016 10:36 am
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
01/30/2016 10:42 am
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Princess
Havingfun_ISKEY
Wow...
01/30/2016 11:36 am
craftergurl
I read the series 2X because it was that good!
01/30/2016 6:45 am
Level 23 : Expert Toast
KawaiiNekoDono
Hmm.. I'm pretty sure I wanted to find a cool nickname on a server that was in Japanese. There were a few, including 'KawaiiBreadstick'.. Yeah. I was going to do KawaiiInuDono, because dogs are my favourite animals, but I thought it looked weird so I chose KawaiiNekoDono. By the way, KawaiiNekoDono basically means "Cute Kitty(Technically cat, but I think it sounds better v-v) Lord".
01/30/2016 7:00 am
Level 23 : Expert System
b7e
I felt like putting your username in Kana/Kanji.

かわいい 猫どの
or
可愛い猫どの

Bam.

And -dono is a very, very old term. btw
01/30/2016 5:54 am
b7e
"Kanye_sama_" I don't know why I changed my name to this. It was a joke about politics. I'm probably going to change it to "Trump_chan_". Brace yourselves.
01/30/2016 5:54 am
b7e
"Kanye_sama_" I don't know why I changed my name to this. It was a joke about politics. I'm probably going to change it to "Trump_chan_". Brace yourselves.
01/30/2016 5:26 am
Level 20 : Expert Pokemon
GamingAleks
GamingAleks, since I like video games and my name is Aleks.
01/30/2016 4:59 am
Level 1 : New Warrior
DramaLlama
My ign is SeveredLlamas it's ment to show my love for the Severed Ties album by The Amity Affliction.
01/30/2016 4:50 am
Level 36 : Artisan Procrastinator
VoxelBlox
I initially had an account named "labyrne" and I named that after an on-going prank against my friend Daymon. Sadly though, someone got into my email and stole my account by getting the purchasing email, changing the email and password, and removing all hope of myself getting it back.

Although I had a spare account to use, VoxelBlox, since I thought that having two accounts was all the rage. I named this one after the game itself, although a lot of people have confused me for the VoxelBox and then scolded me thinking I stole their name, this is not the case. I mean the game is made out of blocks, cubes everywhere, all these squares make a circle, etc. and its a voxel based video game. I was honestly surprised that no one took the name before I did, and I can say that Im glad no one did, I love this name and I love the game.

PS save a hard copy of the code you got from mojang in your email, if someone happens to steal your account somehow, you can always get it back from that, or even demand a refund.
01/30/2016 12:15 am
Level 26 : Expert Zombie
Halorules555
I use to like Halo and I was once young...
01/30/2016 10:10 am
craftergurl
awwww now I see it Halo in the name, I didnt notice it at first
01/30/2016 12:01 am
Level 29 : Expert Birb
Auradyme
XYZDimensions, based on coordinates, I've tried to change it but every time I do I end up changing back, I've grown too attached ;-;
01/29/2016 11:40 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
lSans
Well, I love Undertale.
I hated my old username.
SO many of my friends say I'm just like Sans [one of the CHARActers] is many ways, So I figured I'd go with this.
I also needed a shorter username, And didn't want to be called "Le" or "Crafter" so...

Old: LeRachelCrafter
New: lSans

Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome