First time YOU played Minecraft?

VeryMadCrafter's Avatar VeryMadCrafter12/28/14 11:20 am
1 emeralds 1.4k 54
1/1/2015 3:43 pm
silentgravity13's Avatar silentgravity13
Hey, PlanetMinecraft! Okay, so the title says it all. ^

What was the first time YOU played Minecraft?
When it was? And what Minecraft version it was?
And if you want, you can also tell HOW did you find Minecraft.

For example, I started to play Minecraft in late 2010 when a friend told me about it. It was Beta 1.3 or 1.4 back then. Man, those were good times.

Have a fun talk!
VeryMadCrafter
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Meme

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/01/2015 3:43 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
silentgravity13
i begun playing minecraft in the beggining of autumn 2011.,i started with 1.8.1 beta version.everyone was talking about it then,and i wanted to try it myself,and finally found a game where you can create everything you want.
01/01/2015 4:56 am
VeryMadCrafter
Bump...
12/31/2014 12:26 pm
Level 21 : Expert Unicorn
Milobonesy
i played in 1.3 around 2012 when my friend told me and i watched paulsoarsejr
12/31/2014 12:20 pm
VeryMadCrafter
Bump!
12/30/2014 12:08 pm
Level 22 : Expert Nerd
KatjeBit
I played minecraft at around 1.6.1, so for a couple years now.
12/30/2014 11:57 am
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
ChronosPallas
I started with Minecraft 1.4.5 and at the time I thought it was the best game ever made. I loved it so much that I still play a whole lot till this day.
12/30/2014 9:59 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
LinkOfTheSouth
beta 1.7.3. i loved minecraft so much,
12/30/2014 9:19 am
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
RoboShadow
PizzaPenguin_I started in June 2011, version Beta 1.6.6, aka "The good ol days". Minecraft's community was 1000 times better back in those days than what any server achieves today.

It's also a reoccurring trend on threads like these to see at least half the people say they joined in Alpha, early Beta, etc. Statistically that doesn't make sense how so many people on these forums have played for 4 years, yet the majority of Minecrafters started after the full release.

Because a lot of the people who joined more recently are all the little 9 year olds who can't make a PMC account. Also, 1.6.6 was great but 1.7.3 was the best. Too bad minecraft didn't stay there, or stay on that track...
12/30/2014 9:10 am
Level 46 : Master Blockhead
GhostRockLabs
i started in 1.4.6 (August 23, 2013)
12/30/2014 8:59 am
VeryMadCrafter
Bump.
12/30/2014 2:43 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Skinner
Jason_Bluebolt
I started playing Minecraft in the first Beta update. I was watching TV and got really bored, so I watched a show called Good Game Spawn Point. I learnt about Minecraft from there, and from there onwards, it is my favourite game.
12/30/2014 2:36 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
darkenedfay
Uhhhh....in October. Right after the 1.8. update I believe. I'm a newbie. :XD
12/30/2014 2:03 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
MrAllyxx
In an alpha 1.2 ish area, I remember it was right after my birthday in freshmen year, some friends got me hooked onto it.
12/30/2014 2:02 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Architect
Cakebunny
Well since 2012 I had been playing Minecraft PE (I can't remember which version though) because my laptop was very slow. In August this year, my dad bought me a new computer and I got Minecraft 1.7.10
12/29/2014 7:26 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Pony
TheDiam0ndCreeper
I remember it was a little while back, 1.2.4/5. My friend had already found it from somewhere, and showed me his "recreation" of some map from COD, and I was like woah bruh. So I stole but not really his account(borrowed) and played it obsessivley. Still playing today
12/30/2014 1:44 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
YourLocalFloridian
Lol do you still play on the 'borrowed' account?
12/29/2014 7:07 pm
Level 27 : Expert Fish
Blobfish
1.5.2. i had played it at a friends house and got addicted immediately
12/29/2014 6:59 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
PizzaPenguin_
I started in June 2011, version Beta 1.6.6, aka "The good ol days". Minecraft's community was 1000 times better back in those days than what any server achieves today.

It's also a reoccurring trend on threads like these to see at least half the people say they joined in Alpha, early Beta, etc. Statistically that doesn't make sense how so many people on these forums have played for 4 years, yet the majority of Minecrafters started after the full release.

I remember in autumn 2011, I was going back to school after summer, and told some people about the game I discovered over the summer: Minecraft. Most of the people I told rejected the idea that it might be a fun game. There was nobody else that I knew of in my school of 800 students that even had heard of Minecraft.

A year or two later, MC blew up in popularity, especially with releases on mobile devices and Xbox. In my opinion, this is when Minecraft started becoming less fun. With more and more people joining the game, communities were ruined. Call me a hipster, but when a small game that I loved went mainstream, I hated every second of it.

Now I'm kind of back to playing Minecraft. I found a great community on an SMP Vanilla server, without the parts I dislike about the 'new' Minecraft.

Anyways, I guess the whole point of all that is to say that I don't believe most of you when you say you've been playing for so long, as statistically it's impossible. It just frustrated me to see so many people say they've played since a time that they really haven't. And I definitely know some of you have played for longer than myself, but the fact that so many people have supposedly been playing since Alpha or Indev is just unfeasible.
12/30/2014 2:46 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Skinner
Jason_Bluebolt
I'm probably one of the few people who played right after Alpha ended. I have played Indev and Alpha, but that was not when I started Minecraft. And yeah, I agree with you. After the official release when all the players swamped in, I just couldn't find a good server to play on. I like games when they're in the mid-popularity sort of level, so that they are popular but not so much that each good server has 10000+ people to make your computer explode.
12/29/2014 2:44 pm
Level 44 : Master Robot
HannahLikesCats
Some of you are like "I started in 1.2 I'm so new lol"....

I started in 1.6.1 (rough estimate, i think it was somewhere around 1.5 actually) on May 13th 2013. (It was on that exact day, since that day is my birthday)
12/29/2014 2:41 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Archer
MiniDimi
Alpha 1.2.6 for Christmas in 2010, wow along time ago ._. And basically everything was bugged.
12/29/2014 2:35 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Nerd
Lokirlz
I think I might have started around 1.2. Maybe. I started playing at a friend's house on his account, so I really wasn't paying attention to the version, but I'm relatively sure it was in 2012 sometime.
12/29/2014 2:31 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Artist
Ladranaa
I just recently came to Minecraft a few months ago during the end of 1.7.10 I guess I'm 21 and I decided to make a server for my little brother and now I'm addicted to it and he doesn't even play it anymore. I think it's cause I do interior design for a living so I love the building aspect of the game.
12/29/2014 2:17 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
ZionMC
I started at about 2011 (don't know which version sorry) and I was a n00by Steve (weren't we all?)
12/29/2014 2:06 pm
Level 40 : Master Fish
chuu
first time i played minecraft was back in 2012 :/ i dun remember what version it was but i was 9 years old ^-^
12/29/2014 2:01 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
YourLocalFloridian
-RESERVED-

-No Longer RESERVED-

I started playing in Beta 1.7.3! I heard a friend talk about it, and I started watching a video series by a YouTuber (wish I remembered his name, he was great and he played in Alpha. I think he had "Paul" in his username).

so I was convinced, and bought the game. I spent a night in a hole in the mountain, then built a home on top. I was petrified of mobs, and built walls in caves so they wouldn't get me while mining, once I made an "EMERGENCY ESCAPE TUNNEL" because I woke up one Minecraft morning to find a creeper at my door

Then I learned about PEACEFUL mode! and my life got easier!

from there I went on to build an Auto-Cacti farm and some other stuff, but then I became bored and went on to Multiplayer! I played on this GREAT server called M.C.N.S.A, and I played there up until 1.1, when I was bored of Survival. on Nov. 26th, 2011, I joined the greatest server I have ever encountered, and I am still there to this day
12/29/2014 7:43 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Princess
hrtwg535
I started playing in 1.1
14th of January 2012

A friend showed the game to me and my brother and my brother bought the game, however I didn't get the game at that point.About a week later after watching my brother play for hours and hours I finally bought the game for myself. I was noob and changed the settings to be more like Roblox.. Hmm.
12/29/2014 7:00 am
Level 34 : Artisan Ninja
AkirAssasin
I played on a cracked client (Alpha 1.2) then tried to play Hexxit, but it required a real account. So..... yeah. Been broke since then
12/29/2014 6:47 am
Level 23 : Expert Engineer
HeyQuadBlockers
The first time I played was in Beta 1.7, my friend introduced me to minecraft. I stopped at the full release though (1.0)
Then I stumbled across Minecraft in my PC in January 2013, and I went through being a complete noob again. And yeah, I tried the Pocket Edition too.
12/29/2014 5:33 am
Level 23 : Expert Engineer
beszt91
I got the game as a present for Christmas in 2012 when 1.4.6 was out, but the first time I played it was like in October the same year at a friends house.
12/29/2014 5:09 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Crafter
Sammaxbr
I'd been watching MC vids since late 2013 - and hat's when I bought the game - October 20th, 2013, When 1.7 came out. My favourite but not best pal friend Archie (known as LUSHDOOMED in Minecraft) basically taught me Everything I know (How to move, the basics, Redstone, how to change skins, servers, mods, etc.)

So my first time playing the game came early after I bought it. I Spawned in a jungle and it crashed. The End

Okay, I'd better tell you the SECOND time as it was waaaaaaay more interesting.
It came later that Afternoon - I was showing my mother at a party and I'd just spawned in an Extreme hills biome near a river and forest. It was beautiful. So as I mined my way through cave - I realised something - Archie had never Told me about MONSTERS and MOBS - So I had no idea which were bad or good - so I changed it to easy, and I thought it would disable monsters (I had no idea PEACEFUL Existed) and I made my way through the cave. after gathering iron, I tried making a sword - by checking the WIKI ten times just to check how to make a STICK. soon I realised I'd wasted my time as night was falling - I hadn't got a bed - so I began building a house. for some reason I went AFK to get biscuits (retarded idea) and as soon as I came back a creeper blew up in my face. At first I thought - that must've been a bad monster - and I made my way over to some Zombies - hoping they would help me (I thought they were players - in SPS) and then (cos they were zombies) they proceeded to kill me. I thought that zombies would turn you into one - but no, they kept attacking me - so I evaded them the only way I knew - NERD-POLING. So I made my way up , I spotted a skeleton on the hill - I thought it was called an "Archer" and I typed in chat "ARCHER - HELP" it shot an arrow right at me and I thought it was trying to kill the zombies - but instead it hit me and I fell into the pit of zombies below - and I died.

Well, I was a big nub. That was my first/second time playing MC!
12/29/2014 5:00 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Skinner
Daenerys_Targaryen
Started playing 2011, I believe. On a hamachi server (before I bought the legit version) just having fun with friends.
12/29/2014 4:29 am
VeryMadCrafter
Awesome strories guys!
12/28/2014 8:13 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Lumberjack
Kovren
A long long time ago, in May 2011, I bought some weird block game called Minecraft. I was so confused.
12/28/2014 7:19 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
FrankieHolden09
i started playing minecraft pocket edition at version 6.0 and later got a pc and got the pc minecraft 1.8
12/28/2014 7:16 pm
Level 43 : Master Spider Rider
SpiderMatty
I got the game around the last version of Alpha but never played till Beta 1.2.
12/28/2014 7:06 pm
Level 48 : Master Modder
touchportyl
I started playing a cracked version of 1.2.5, I got the game a while later when Mojang took the site down :p

What is the first thing you guys did when you started MC? Being the gamer nerd I am, I went straight to the wiki and just read everything there.
12/28/2014 6:26 pm
Level 27 : Expert Blacksmith
StingRay_FTW
I started playing in late 2013.I found out about it because my best friend was always talking about it(even was a creeper for Halloween),so I decided to try it.
12/28/2014 6:23 pm
Level 40 : Master Pony
Andejak
I got minecraft around the piston update, like 1.6-1.7 (beta ithink?) when i moved together with my stepbrother(My dad and his mom moved together), and he played Minecraft a lot on a server with his friends. I didn't really play much at that time apart from internet games (ClubPenguin, ya'know? ) and i was at first one of those "Omg no, it's so bad quality, like look at it!" and kept doing that, but for each time we were together and i was allowed onto his account to build cool stuffs (at that time..) like water rides with boats down from a base into the ocean i did that. Ofc, dying several times Anyways, i kept telling him i didn't want to get the game and such, but at one day, when i was at my mom, i decided to buy it (Of course i couldn't play Minecraft while at my mom ) Yea, and there it goes. I joined the same server as him and his friends, we played a lot, the pistons just came out and of course i got interested in pistons (And redstone..) and welp. Here i am today, with some off-springs where i didn't play and played some other games till today, where i play equally Minecraft/League of Legends
12/28/2014 6:13 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragonborn
okoloto
I got minecraft when it was in 1.2.5. A friend showed it to me a year before but he was playing with a left 4 dead mod with all the l4d zombies in it and he trolled me into thinking that, all of them were part of the game
12/28/2014 6:08 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
69_420
First time I played (surprisingly) was about a week before the release of 1.5 (no, not beta or any of that fancy stuff). I played in creative mode, in a very laggy jungle world. I fell into a ravine, and didn't know how to fly because I was the biggest noob ever at the time. I eventually found out how to fly, but it didn't work because of the lag.
12/28/2014 4:42 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Architect
Maxph_
My first time playing minecraft was in the beta's, i don't know the exact version but there weren't any food bars. The only thing i did was stay on my little beach and i built a small sand castle x) i was afraid to go far away and i discovered the crafting table after like 8 hours of playing!!!
12/28/2014 4:14 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Narwhal
katzbuilder
The first time I played it was 1.7.4. I'd known it was out for a while now but I only got it till later on
12/28/2014 4:06 pm
Level 24 : Expert Unicorn
SandyBlox
Beta 1.7
12/28/2014 3:53 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Engineer
TheCookieJarGuard
First played the demo at around Beta 1.9. I built a basic wooden house for like 2 days. Then I put lava next to it and everything burned up. I then bought it around the minecraft 1.0 Release. I was scared of monsters and didn't want to go out at night. I didn't know about anything called "peaceful mode". I played for quite some time without knowing A LOT of things. Then at around 1.2.5, all my friends started playing.
It was really fun, we experimented with redstone, block physics, made theories...

And now, I'm all alone again. All of them stopped playing more than a year ago and started playing GTA and COD and LOL/DOTA instead. [I personally do play GTA V daily though]

Oh, I almost forgot.

I started playing because my cousin showed me the 1.7 Beta version at his house. What made me check it out myself was the dynamic day and night cycles I think... And the fact that the game was almost infinite.

12/28/2014 3:03 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Architect
GhostXavier
My friends had been playing since Alpha, but I only got in around beta 1.6.6. I honestly forget when that was since it was year's ago but i'm just glad they dragged me into it.
12/28/2014 1:06 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Archer
Robot_ninja455
I played in 1.8..How I found it out?I searched up Sand Boxes..Minecraft Came up.I had $37.88, for Christmas and bought it.And that, I played it all day and night.One time I came to school.My Eyes were red..When I discovered Servers..I was up in tell 4:00 Am playing with friends.Raiding..Factions..Than..To this day..I still play it.with friends.But I don't play it..since my computer well..turned into a potato..And I'm getting close to buying my Set up..just a year..One more year..
12/28/2014 12:53 pm
Level 22 : Expert Nerd
pancakegirl123
I started playing right before beta 1.8 when I was at a friend's hosue. He showed me this awesome game and for months I wanted it. He let me borrow his account and I changed his skin to a girl skin ^_^ he was at my house one day and LAN had just come out. We tried playing lan but I was using his account and he was using his account and *sigh* I was a n00b that got 360 n0sc0p3d (lol) so my dad bought me an account.

My first server was a skyblock server. I didn't know how to craft a pickaxe. Gah, I was stupid.
12/28/2014 12:43 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Rupert2162000
I started playing about two weeks before 1.5 came out. Before that I had been playing pocket edition for about a month. The first biome I spawned in was a jungle. I remember switching the controls from the WASD keys to the arrow keys, which was incredibly awkward.
12/28/2014 12:26 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Architect
super kitty
me and my brother started playing a little ago version 1.6.4 wondering why trees don't fall, thinking its called mindcraft not minecraft, repetitively killing each other and being noobs.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome