[POLL] ONE IP to help smaller servers?!

Bertiecrafter's Avatar Bertiecrafter10/25/15 11:03 am
10/29/2015 10:24 am
Bertiecrafter's Avatar Bertiecrafter
So a lot of you (39%) want to play on decent small servers, because of their small community...
Would you like to have one general ip, that changes the server behind it every now and then?

More Information:
ONLY 1 IP you can put in the top of your server list.... (random.something.something)
where the real ip behind it changes every now and then...
This causes the motd to change every now and then and when you press join, you will join different servers...

E.G: one day you will be able to connect to hypixel with that IP, the other day you can connect to mineplex with THE SAME IP...
(of course the IPs behind it would be the IPs from smaller servers)

Just to give everyone a nice glance at new servers and make the server owners happy with their boost in player numbers.

(servers will be validated before they have a chance to get behind the IP, to prevent huge and/or too common servers)

Server Owners:
I will display more details here about getting your server behind the ip, AFTER I know if players would like to have such IP

- Bertiecrafter

UPDATE:
And if I make this, would it be better to change it every day (more servers in a short time) or change it once a week (more players will be able to spot the server)?

Please comment with your answer on that question!
Bertiecrafter
Retired Moderator
Level 70 : Legendary Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/29/2015 10:24 am
Bertiecrafter
Owners should contact me for their server submission, since there are way too many servers out there.

I don't know yet if it will be through Skype, PMC (private messages) or through an online form...
10/29/2015 8:10 am
Level 24 : Expert Architect
KrisTheCrazie
So how do we submit servers?
10/29/2015 5:44 am
Bertiecrafter
well, I can only change the ip behind it...
it's up to the owners to submit the server (not that smart if you don't have any griefing protection) OR put the ip in the motd...

of course you can ask around too when you join the server...
10/28/2015 3:35 pm
Level 21 : Expert Fish
MrCatSquid
The only problem is, people will come on and greif/ddos/destroy your server, or atleast try. It would become quite anoying for the players that actually play on the server. Atleast the small ones would be affected by this.
10/28/2015 3:31 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Dragonborn
Error_Tash
Would you be able to see the ip of that particular server incase you really like it but dont know if you will by chance land on that particular server again?
10/28/2015 3:27 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
Dystopia
Sounds interesting for small server owners trying to get new players.
10/28/2015 2:53 pm
Bertiecrafter
bump
10/28/2015 8:17 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Mannke
Bertiecrafter

BTW, would it be better to get a change every day (idk if I have time to do that every day, but I will try to change it every day) OR once a week?

You will be able to see more servers in a short time, if I change it every day...
BUT more players will be able to visit the server, if I change it once a week...

Go with once a day.
I expect many little server owners being interested in the project, so you can actually process the immense amount of servers smoothly.
Furthermore it is indeed very easy to determine if I like a server or not. It starts with a quick glance at the spawn, goes on with the rules and last but not least the behaviour shown in chat.
All in all I think that 30mins is enough to check, if a server is to my liking or not.
10/28/2015 6:59 am
Bertiecrafter
So far I got the ip changing thing working, for number and named ips, with or without a port.

I might want to look into automating it...

Server owners will have to contact me if they want to get behind the ip.. (not now... soon)
and then I could check the server out and just change ips once a day or something...
(might be for a longer period....)

BTW, would it be better to get a change every day (idk if I have time to do that every day, but I will try to change it every day) OR once a week?

You will be able to see more servers in a short time, if I change it every day...
BUT more players will be able to visit the server, if I change it once a week...
10/27/2015 9:31 pm
Level 21 : Expert Artist
Enygma
Yeah, I suppose it would be fun; sort of like how LoL's character roster changes over time. I would like to get to know the server before it switches, however. I can get slightly attached to certain ones...
10/27/2015 9:36 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Sardonyx
I'm sure you could find the server's actual IP while playing, and then you could add it to your server list.
10/27/2015 9:06 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Nerd
jccreszMC
Having a hidden website address that ran a script to randomize connections would be a neat way to accomplish this.
10/27/2015 8:26 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Sardonyx
This seems like a really good way to give smaller servers a chance to become more popular!
10/27/2015 8:12 pm
Level 24 : Expert Architect
KrisTheCrazie
Me being a small server owner, tho with 160 slots barely hit over twenty at a time, would love this
10/27/2015 8:00 pm
Bertiecrafter
Thanks for the support on this idea so far!
10/27/2015 8:56 am
Level 1 : New Network
rugter100
if you do this choose a random server and go to the owner i think small communities would love this
10/27/2015 8:10 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Taco
Kickrad
I think this is a great idea!!!! Please do this!
10/27/2015 7:16 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
10/27/2015 2:29 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Modder
MCPr0Pancakes
would be allot of domain changing
10/26/2015 5:06 am
Bertiecrafter
bump
10/25/2015 11:49 am
Bertiecrafter
Please reply to this thread if you vote No, with the reason why you chose for it!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome