Free Minecraft Accounts

1 emerald 12 replies 1,606 views | started 06/18/2017 11:44 am by RagingFactions
This message is directed towards Minecraft, yes Mojang. I am curious why Minecraft accounts cannot be free to the general public, and charge the players instead for the perks in realms. I think this should be the new way that Minecraft operates.
Posted by avatar
RagingFactions
Level 1 : New Miner

12 replies

06/20/2017 9:04 pm
Level 18 Journeyman Dragonborn
Aberzhulan
"mincerafter42"
"Cookiesz"
"Azie"Aren't realms just a less-customizable version of what user/3rd party servers already are? Why would anyone pay for perks on Realms when there's way better server options out there?

They are, but I'm sure there is a target audience for realms. Young players, parents, or just people who are just too lazy to make their own servers. It's a good way for Minecraft to earn some money.

"RagingFactions"But still, not sure why they cant find another way!

Well what do you think they should do then? I'd love to hear it.

How's this idea?: Mojang sells minicomputers that are entirely dedicated to running your server. You can load your Minecraft world onto it by connecting it to your computer, and it will automatically run your server by connecting to your home network.

For one, that would probably cause an uproar with the different MC hosting companies. Secondly, if the purpose would be to host your own multiplayer server on your computer, that would violate most ISPs Terms of Use in relation to hosting servers. Not to mention the bandwidth involved in such an endeavour. Lastly, you can already do this. I'm not entirely sure how, as I use a host for my Minecraft server, but I think it involves port forwarding with your router.

But I digress. I don't think it would be cost-effective for them to do such a thing, as there are better, more dedicated options out there. I mean, if you were in the market for a new CPU, would you use a CPU from a dedicated computer hardware company, or a CPU that Taco Bell decided to create? Granted, Microsoft does do computers, but not hardware. Or, at least I've never heard of rave reviews of any hardware they may have produced.
06/20/2017 7:16 pm
Level 5 Apprentice Engineer
mincerafter42
"Cookiesz"
"Azie"Aren't realms just a less-customizable version of what user/3rd party servers already are? Why would anyone pay for perks on Realms when there's way better server options out there?

They are, but I'm sure there is a target audience for realms. Young players, parents, or just people who are just too lazy to make their own servers. It's a good way for Minecraft to earn some money.

How's this idea?: Mojang sells minicomputers that are entirely dedicated to running your server. You can load your Minecraft world onto it by connecting it to your computer, and it will automatically run your server by connecting to your home network.
06/19/2017 9:50 am
Level 41 Master Creeper Hugger
Cookiesz

06/18/2017 5:53 pm
Level 50 Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Aren't realms just a less-customizable version of what user/3rd party servers already are? Why would anyone pay for perks on Realms when there's way better server options out there?

That begs the question "would Microsoft then just decide to make it super difficult to create a server outside of using Realms?" which would probably be an absolute disaster with the uproar that would cause.
06/18/2017 4:01 pm
Level 22 Expert Pixel Painter
JakariaYT
Because they need money.
06/18/2017 3:24 pm
Level 1 New Miner
RagingFactions
But still, not sure why they cant find another way!
06/20/2017 6:52 pm
Level 50 Grandmaster Unicorn
sixfootblue
I mean another way would be to embed ads and put much heavier emphasis on microtransactions (DLC/cash items) but with how the game's been established, I'm sure that would cause a good amount of backlash. There's already a handful of people upset about the marketplace implementation.

Things cost money.
06/18/2017 2:20 pm
Level 1 New Explorer
GORD3N_Blockbreaker
The only reason that you have to pay to download minecraft is so that Mojang can continue to develop it! Minecraft would still be stuck at 1.3 if you didn't have to pay!
06/18/2017 1:32 pm
Level 2 Apprentice Explorer
oxo
The whole reason why Minecraft was made is to make money. As they say, money makes the world go round
06/18/2017 1:02 pm
Level 41 Master Creeper Hugger
Cookiesz
Because if the game was free they wouldn't make any money. They need money to keep working on the game. Minecraft exists because people buy the game. It's pretty self explanatory to me.
06/18/2017 12:25 pm
Level 50 Grandmaster Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrthus
because then everyone would play Singleplayer and Mojang/Microsoft wouldn't make any money.

making minecraft free to play would destroy the game as it is and everything they have worked to make it
06/18/2017 12:08 pm
Level 8 Apprentice Taco
Saku123
Can you make it clearer? I cannot understand

Search

Browse

Site

© planetminecraft.com

Welcome