Glitch? Part of Minecraft? Works of Lord Herobrine?

Woodilicious's Avatar Woodilicious7/28/13 8:21 pm
1 emeralds 280 5
8/30/2013 8:49 pm
poltercreeper's Avatar poltercreeper
Hi.
Today I was just starting my Let's Play world. It was normal; I spawned in a forest; It was right next to a surface cave; I got about a stack of wood; I went into the cave, mined some stone, then covered the part of the cave exposed to the surface.

Then, after venturing into the cave, I found some iron. I mined around it, and eventually came back to it once I got a stone pick.
Then, I looked down, into a pit, and saw a spider. I was just about to jump to it, when something made me stop. Something felt wrong. I examined it closer, and realized it had particle effects coming off of it. (You were probably expecting more of a supernatural/paranormal story, weren't you Squidward.)

Is this a Glitch, or has it been implemented as a feature into Minecraft. I'm sure it wasn't an accidental action of me, because I haven't even started the first night. I haven't even gotten 20 cobblestone.

Click to reveal
If you were expecting a longer story, I took the liberty of writing a true story for you:
There once was an ugly barnacle. He was so ugly that everyone died. The End.

So, has this been added as a feature to Minecraft, or is it just a spawning glitch?
Woodilicious
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead