forum Forumsplay_arrow Minecraft fiber_manual_record Discussion

Good free, easy to use picture maker things?

1 emerald19 replies681 views
created 12/31/2015 9:15 pm by Gbubble
last reply 01/06/2016 3:07 pm
Title pretty much says it all
Posted by avatar
Gbubble
Level 30 : Artisan Button Pusher

19 replies

01/06/2016 3:07 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Pixel Painter
AudioOwl
I have to agree with everyone saying GIMP. It's basically a free version of photoshop. You can even make it look like photoshop, considering you can use skins.

I wonder if anyone's ever made a skin for GIMP using GIMP?
01/06/2016 3:03 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
CompositionC4
Kicktracer01
"Mom why is the computer on fire?"

Also on topic I suggest Gimp. Photoshop is way too heavy for daily use.
Gimp is easier and faster and free.

You must not have a very good computer for Photoshop to be 'too heavy'.
01/04/2016 6:04 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
Kicktracer01
BananaInCharge
CompositionC4
amazoDog161Oh yeah, and to everyone saying Photoshop, the title says free... -.-

Photoshop IS free, if you know what you're doing. I definitely didn't pay for it...

As aware as everybody is of cracks and downloading programs without paying for them, we tend not to encourage others to do it. This is probably even more important on sites like this because the main fanbase of this game are young and it's not a good idea to encourage 12 year olds to start torrenting stuff.

"Mom why is the computer on fire?"

Also on topic I suggest Gimp. Photoshop is way too heavy for daily use.
Gimp is easier and faster and free.
01/02/2016 7:27 pm
CompositionC4
amazoDog161
CompositionC4
BananaInChargeAs aware as everybody is of cracks and downloading programs without paying for them, we tend not to encourage others to do it. This is probably even more important on sites like this because the main fanbase of this game are young and it's not a good idea to encourage 12 year olds to start torrenting stuff.

Did I mention torrenting or cracked versions?
Nope. I don't tend to use torrent as its a little risky from time to time.

Yeah, except there is no legal way of getting Photoshop for free. You can get a trial, but otherwise you pay. Everything else would be considered cracks. (Unless you win a key in a giveaway or a contest or something)

Well, it isn't actually considered a crack, more of an exploit really, tricking the application's free trial into thinking that it was just started that day, rather than already expiring.
01/02/2016 1:42 pm
Level 25 : Expert Dragon
amazoDog161
CompositionC4
BananaInChargeAs aware as everybody is of cracks and downloading programs without paying for them, we tend not to encourage others to do it. This is probably even more important on sites like this because the main fanbase of this game are young and it's not a good idea to encourage 12 year olds to start torrenting stuff.

Yeah, except there is no legal way of getting Photoshop for free. You can get a trial, but otherwise you pay. Everything else would be considered cracks. (Unless you win a key in a giveaway or a contest or something)
01/02/2016 1:34 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Architect
Kotoriken
Firealpaca. Later on, if you can afford it, Clip Studio Paint is good, often they have sales where it's under $15. Once it's configured it's quite easy to use, and you can get really nice looking final products with it:

01/02/2016 1:15 pm
CompositionC4

01/02/2016 10:51 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
BananaInCharge
CompositionC4
amazoDog161Oh yeah, and to everyone saying Photoshop, the title says free... -.-

Photoshop IS free, if you know what you're doing. I definitely didn't pay for it...

As aware as everybody is of cracks and downloading programs without paying for them, we tend not to encourage others to do it. This is probably even more important on sites like this because the main fanbase of this game are young and it's not a good idea to encourage 12 year olds to start torrenting stuff.
01/02/2016 10:36 am
CompositionC4

01/02/2016 6:00 am
amazoDog161
Anyway, i'd suggest GIMP or Paint.NET.

Paint.NET Is only for Windows, but it's a very powerful piece of software for image editing. If you're looking for something a bit more complex, open source, and multi-platform, GIMP is your best bet. GIMP: GNU Image Manipulation Program

Oh yeah, and to everyone saying Photoshop, the title says free... -.-
01/02/2016 5:58 am
Level 43 : Master Geek
Kazla
If you want something to add text/borders round pictures, iPiccy is for you. Easy, free, it's an online website to edit pictures.

If you want something more professional, use Photoshop. I've got CS6, but that takes quite a while to get used to. I'm still technically a beginner.
01/02/2016 5:01 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Miner_world111
8bit http://make8bitart.com/

Paint.net http://www.getpaint.net/index.html (paint.net the url is taken, apologies for the dodgy looking link)

Another thing that might take your fancy, if you like the bit style.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/29692/cr ... ry-images/
12/31/2015 10:05 pm
CompositionC4
Photoshop, if you know what you are doing.
01/02/2016 5:10 am
Level 39 : Artisan Dragonborn
Ninniy
Yeah, they're giving out Photoshop CS3 for free.
https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads ... ftpID=3775
01/02/2016 5:58 am
amazoDog161
It's not free... Adobe stopped running the activation servers for older versions of their CS products, but that doesn't mean that it's free. Those downloads are for people who actually bought the software, and need to re-activate or re-download it. It is not free.
12/31/2015 10:00 pm
Level 21 : Expert Toast
Dubstep Wolf
Pixlr. It's nearly as good as Photoshop and it's completely free.
12/31/2015 9:56 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Dragonborn
xHue
Paint.net
12/31/2015 9:52 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
craftykids
I'm not sure how "easy to use" it would be for you (although I never had any major problems), but GIMP is good for general image editing.
12/31/2015 9:28 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Artist
Lorpie - The Pie
What is it you're requesting?

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome