Griefer Intelligence

Andarius68's Avatar Andarius683/7/19 8:21 am
3/9/2019 2:44 pm
TheCyanShyGuy's Avatar TheCyanShyGuy
Conventional wisdom indicates that successful people often lift others up so that they too may succeed, creative people create, those who can do and usually don't invest too much of their time setting others up to fail because they are too busy focussing on their own success. So what drives the average griefer? Now I'm not talking about the person who is talented and perhaps goes griefer because they are angry about something. Not the ones who grief because they feel they are retaliating against some injustice. Those are a different beast altogether. You don't want to anger an intelligent and creative person because they can come up with some very ingenious and creative ways to get even.

No. I'm talking about Joe or Jane average griefer for whom that's just what they do. Go from server to server or realm to realm creating havoc for others, misleading them into thinking they are trustworthy and want to be a positive part of the community and then just go about destroying other people's work. I mean really? Most of the time a simple restore of a backup puts things back to right anyway so it isn't like they have accomplished much. Boredom you say? Perhaps but creative and intelligent people usually find more creative outlets and challenges to satisfy their craving for more. It doesn't take any talent or more than a few brain cells to break things. Griefing, I believe, denotes an intellect rather lacking in creativity. So, what would you say the average griefer I.Q. might be?
Andarius68
Level 8 : Apprentice Archer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/09/2019 2:44 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Explorer
TheCyanShyGuy
if you had a high enough IQ then you wouldnt grief... griefers.... MORONS!! xD
03/09/2019 9:09 amhistory
Level 25 : Expert Explorer
ChronoFury
A few people here mentioned jealousy, but I honestly don't think that's why griefers grief.

Some people just gain satisfaction from destroying other people's hard work. That being said,
I wouldn't dismiss griefers as having low-IQ, some of them have done 300+ IQ plays where they are able to bypass common anti-cheat plugins on servers.
03/09/2019 2:33 pm
Andarius68
It's true that some have managed to bypass the more common security measures but I believe those few who put in that level of effort are the exception rather than the rule. The average griefer is too lazy to put forth much effort. A fair percentage of those who do manage to bypass anti-cheat plugins are probably using hacking tools that someone else made as another person mentioned in the comments here.
03/07/2019 9:26 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
I think it's their lack of creativity that is their drive. They most likely get jealous of people being very good at building and then proceed to try and do themselves justice by ruining others work.

I mean I run a Creative server and we've had three encounters with such people before. Each and every time they have not showed any signs of high IQ by not using comma and dot. Forgetting to make capital letters, saying they are 30 and have over 15 years of experience on Minecraft servers.

I'm going to be nice and say their IQ is between 80-100, but with their showcase on my server... They're probably lower.
03/07/2019 11:00 amhistory
Andarius68
I know what you mean. I recently had one who had posted somewhere saying they were looking for a nice community to join where people could build together without griefers. So I responded to them and gave them a link to our website saying take a look and if we seem like a good fit give us a try. So a little later they submit an application and it all looks good so I send them an invite to our discord server and have them agree to our rules which they do so I invite them to the realm.

Now, they join at a time of day when no one else is online except me and them. I'm busy working on a project but I chat to them that if they have any questions just let me know and I continue about my work. They turn out to be pretty chatty and ask a lot of stuff about how busy the realm is, what times of day people are usually on, if we have much trouble with griefers and how we deal with them, that sort of stuff. A little later they log off. Now, one of tge things I've been doing on my bedrock realm is installing command blocks to put people in adventure mode in areas where we have builds that are pretty critical to the community then switch them back into survival mode when they leave the area. You have to do it that way on Bedrock Realms unfortunately or use cloning because unlike Java Servers there is nothing like World Guard or Spawn protection to use.

Now, I knew the survival border was a bit close to the wall near spawn and had it on my list of things to do that I would extend that out a few blocks in the near future. So I come up to have a look around and sure enough the guy had picked away a big portion of the wall and dumped gear from the provisions chests on the ground to despawn. Now this whole time no one is on the realm except me and him. It's pretty obvious who did it. So I restore a backup and ban him from the realm and discord and go on about my day. Later the guy hits me up on Reddit where I first responded to his post playing dumb and asking why he can't see the realm or discord server on his list any more. I'm like really? I can get that nonsense from my kids. Who spilled milk on the carpet? "It wasn't me!" Oh, well who else is in there with you? "Nobody." Yeah right. Move along. Ain't nobody got time for that. Lol!
03/07/2019 9:24 am
Level 49 : Master Narwhal
Spygron
I really don't know...
03/07/2019 9:37 am
Andarius68
Nor do I.
03/07/2019 9:15 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Robot
Nitrox Nova
I always figured it was out of jealousy. They can't build nice things, so they want to break your nice things.
03/07/2019 9:19 am
Andarius68
I think you're probably right.
03/07/2019 9:05 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Programmer
DarkEyeDragon
Griefers get joy from seeing others fail as they can't succeed themself. That's really all there is to it. Sure what you mentioned on people going beserk or revenge are different things. But your average griefer (and hackers too) just want to see the world burn because thats all they're good at. With tools others created (can't even do that lol). I really have 0 respect for such people.
03/07/2019 9:20 am
Andarius68
I feel the same.
03/07/2019 9:03 am
Andarius68
Hmmmm. More griefer love than I thought there might be out there. So, of those who voted that average griefers score above 100 on IQ tests why do you say so? Granted 100 is a rather low number still. Maybe I should have added some higher tiers to the poll? But still, if you are of the opinion that the average griefer is highly intelligent please enlighten me to your thinking on this.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome