BakedCornbread's Avatar BakedCornbread4/26/15 10:56 pm
1 emeralds 270 4
4/27/2015 8:30 am
Jewelman's Avatar Jewelman
[b][center][u]Server Ideals:
[/u][i]with BakedCornbread[/center][/i]
[/b]
[i][b]Preface:[/b][/i]

Hello Minecraft players, my name, as I'm sure you have noticed, is BakedCornbread and I have a dream. My dream is that a group of civilized and mature Minecraft players joins together to build a Nations Server that engages in dynamic economies and international relations. I fear this dream may be one of to much optimism and naiveté however, so that is why I am here today, to ask for your help in determining the future of my server.

[i][b]Part I: The Ideal Server[/b][/i]

What I am trying to achomplish is not overly complicated, just midly involved; I aim to create a server that has 5 preset "Nations" that players can join into when they join the server (or at any other time thereafter). In these nations, they can create their own towns (via the Towny plugin) and work to push their nation into the position of the strongest nation of the five. They can do this through three major ways; amount of land, physical strength/militaristic prowess, and economic capability. We have an item based economy set up that ensures restricted and dynamic trade that thrives of the competitivness of the players. In order to keep strong focus and importance on the use of the economy, we have integrated a set of rules for combat and war between nations, meaning the best and most efficient way to gain power isn't raiding. That being said, we also have an "Anarchy Day" where basically every rule is suspended and mass pvp is allowed along with raiding.

In addition to the server economy, we have emersive lore and an interesting backstory that is set up to hopefully ingage the player and keep him/her interested. Included with the lore is the different types of Nations which each have their own history and story that the player can discover. Obviously, this is drastically different from the normal factions and towny servers that most people play on, and therein lies the problem.

[i][b]Part II: The Problem[/b][/i]

The major problem with this idea is the player base. What I have observed after years of playing Minecraft is that the majority of players LOVE to pvp. They seem to have no desire to put any intellectual effort into playing the game and would much rather mindlessly pvp instead of participating in semi-complex server economics. Without any desire to intellectually excel, unfortunately, this idea would surely fail.

[i][b]Part III: Your Input[/b][/i]

Now, I need you help to determine the fate of my server. If you think this idea could work and would be fun, please make sure you comment on whether you think this idea should continue to be pursued or not. Thank you for reading this post, and any feedback is greatly appreciated.

[b]Thank you,

BakedCornbread[/b]
BakedCornbread
Level 1 : New Crafter