forum Forumsplay_arrow Minecraft fiber_manual_record Discussion

how can i move a whole structure a bit or edit the chunk-positions?

1 emerald6 replies83 views
created 12/17/2018 4:29 pm by Drachenbauer
last reply 12/23/2018 1:45 pm
Hello

I just found out, if my building is moved by 2 blocks in one direction and 5 in the other, it will be perfectly lined up with the grid of the chunks.

How can i move my structure without manually rebuilding it?
Selection should reach 1 block into the ground of my superflat world (because i placed some blocks in the ground for a street, paths and the floor in the building).

Or can i edit the chunk-coordinates?
Posted by avatar
Drachenbauer
Level 9 : Apprentice Skinner

6 replies

12/23/2018 1:14 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
TNHo
You can install world edit mod. Select the area you want to move with a wooden axe, face the direction you want to move the structure and type //move
12/18/2018 2:35 am
Level 40 : Master Pixel Puncher
TomConn
You can use the structure blocks (See guide how to use here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlnx4cTc0yo )
Or you can use the /clone x1 y1 z1 x2 y2 z2 x y z
/clone Position.1 (x1 y1 z1) Position.2 (x2 y2 z2) Where you want it (x y z)

The clone command takes a lot more time and effort since it doesn't function too well, but it's a solution if you can't figure out how to use the structure blocks :)
12/20/2018 2:54 pm
Drachenbauer
Do the structure-blocks exist in the java-version?

Found the answer my self:
I can take these blocks by type "/give @p structure_block" in the chat.

One more question:
Is there any way to make it deletes the original-structure out of the world, after it is saved in a file?

So it´s easyer for me to find the exact frame-corner-positions for the next parts of my structure (it´s too big to fit in a 32x32x32 cube, so i must divide it into parts).
12/21/2018 12:37 pm
Level 40 : Master Pixel Puncher
TomConn
It's possible to use the /fill x1 y1 z1 x2 y2 z2 air if you want to completly remove the structure
12/23/2018 1:45 pm
Drachenbauer
i created a "clear"-thing with the structure-block.
it´s a 32-32-32-cube with the three ground-layers of my superflat-world at the bottom and empty air above.

So i easily can clear structures up to 29 blocks high above ground and also things like ways, ponds or wells, wich are placed in the ground.

For mouch higher structures i still have to find a way to clear the rest abofe that vaule.
But what i already have, has just a little decoration-part above theese 29 blocks, that i easily could erase one by one.
12/18/2018 12:36 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Mage
AstaZora
I highly suggest what was said above. Because a structure block shows the bounding box much like schematica

Search

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome