How can we repair minecraft

minecraftrocker99's Avatar minecraftrocker993/28/17 2:47 am
1 emeralds 1.3k 36
3/30/2017 1:35 pm
Lola's Avatar Lola
When I started playing minecraft and it is in version 1.2.5, everything was so fun.And now just hang there's no spark, now I'm playing because I remember what it was. This is because it was all too much play, when I started there were so many things I did not know, now I know literally everything, because more and more people it stops play. I think minecraft refreshement be a huge update to re-start from the beginning . I do not know enough to know all to be in this update as I can just trying to save the game i play for so long, if you know how to write something, please no hate

sorry for my bad english
minecraftrocker99
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/30/2017 1:35 pm
Level 40 : Master Goblin
Lola
I'm going to lock this thread because of the flames. All jump off the disaster boat!
Please just be friendly and civilised to each other when having a discussion next time
03/30/2017 10:36 am
Level 29 : Expert Blacksmith
striker107
Chickens4LifeWell i think its original meaning was 'Laughing my ass off" but people could of adapted new meanings for it

I though the first letter was an "I" so that is why I said what I did, sorry for any inconvenience I may have created.

Respectfully Striker107.
03/30/2017 12:02 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Johnanater
If you don't like 1.9 combat. Play on servers that use the old combat plugin.
03/29/2017 10:09 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
Avrona, and all other people who complain about combat, it did not fix it or ruin it, it just changed the style. If you like the old style, then go into pre 1.9 versions or find pre 1.9 servers. With the new launcher it's easy to play in different versions, and I'm pretty sure there are still servers using 1.8. Some people prefer the old style, and others prefer the new one. Stop complaining, it doesn't fix the issue. I mean seriously, it's been 2 updates since 1.9 and people are still complaining.

I don't think there's really anyway to fix it. Updates only go so far, and it more depends on what the player wants to do. For example, I got burned out of minecraft certain times when I got tired of building, but then I got motivated again and it got back it's old appeal. The best thing you can do is to get players involved in the community or something that they like, so that they don't get burned out and leave.
03/29/2017 4:50 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Modder
Chickens4Life
striker107
avrona
lmao 1.9 broke combat,

How? It fixed it.

I believe that Imao means "In my (somthing) opinion.", correct me if I'm wrong.

Well i think its original meaning was 'Laughing my ass off" but people could of adapted new meanings for it
03/29/2017 11:20 am
striker107
avrona
lmao 1.9 broke combat,

How? It fixed it.

I believe that Imao means "In my (somthing) opinion.", correct me if I'm wrong.
03/29/2017 11:04 am
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
lmao 1.9 broke combat,

How? It fixed it.
03/29/2017 10:36 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Caveman
Pytharion
lmao 1.9 broke combat, and that's undeniable, why else do you think major servers like hypixel are still 1.8 compatible.
03/29/2017 10:28 am
avrona
2010? I've played longer than you (Since 2009), and just because someone has played less than you doesn't mean that your opinion is better than theirs. So please don't act like that.

Thank you. Finally someone normal.
03/29/2017 7:23 am
avrona
Seeing how they are now 5 versions that are newer than 1.7, it's clear it's pretty out of date. And I've been with Minecraft since 2014, I know what it was like in those days. But since Minecraft got a bunch of updates to make it even better. End of story.
03/29/2017 8:37 am
Level 44 : Master Architect
Lachie1770
2014? Meh Been playing Minecraft 4 years longer. Your still pretty dam new. 1.7.10 isnt really out of date when theres a huge amount of players playing on it. Mods make the game even better then the updates. Thats the real end of story.
03/29/2017 9:54 am
striker107
2010? I've played longer than you (Since 2009), and just because someone has played less than you doesn't mean that your opinion is better than theirs. So please don't act like that.

That's all for now.
Respectfully Striker107.
03/29/2017 7:04 am
Lachie1770
avrona
I know it's super old, but there have been 3 versions since. And how is it not good? Fixed combat, elytra, expanded End, lingering potions, respawnable dragon, igloos, beetroot, and so much more. It's probably my favourite update.

I Guess a Newbie that hasn't played for long will say its super old. It aren't old. Its still a very recent update... Super old versions are beta and alpha.. Versions like 1.2.5 are getting old. and 1.7.10+ are all pretty recent in minecraft's update history I know you have only been around for a very short amount of time. But seriously stop saying its super old...
03/29/2017 3:36 am
avrona
Lachie1770
avrona
No thanks because like I said many times before, I don't like mods, so I won't try them.

Then Stop Criticizing them. Simple...

???
03/29/2017 3:32 am
Lachie1770
avrona
No thanks because like I said many times before, I don't like mods, so I won't try them.

Then Stop Criticizing them. Simple...
03/29/2017 2:50 am
avrona
I don't even know what a client mod is, since the only mod I ever used was Lucky Block back in the good old 1.9.
03/29/2017 3:19 am
Lachie1770
1.9 isnt old.... or Good. And if thats the only mod you have tried no wonder you don't like mods. Try a REAL mod before you even consider judging them....

A Old version would be 1.2.5.... (and that was a very good and stable version back in the days). Or if you want a real good old version.. Alpha/Beta versions..

Disclamer. dont get triggered over truth.

And a Client mod is what he said ^
03/29/2017 3:08 am
Chickens4Life
Technically speaking 1.9 isn't even near the stage 'old' but Basically Cilent mods non server require, means mods like Voxel Minimap, Optifine, WAILA Etc do not need to be installed on the server to allow use with players
03/29/2017 3:25 am
avrona
Well there have been 3 updates since 1.9 now, 1.10, 1.11, and 1.12.

1.9 isnt old.... or Good.

I know it's super old, but there have been 3 versions since. And how is it not good? Fixed combat, elytra, expanded End, lingering potions, respawnable dragon, igloos, beetroot, and so much more. It's probably my favourite update.

And if thats the only mod you have tried no wonder you don't like mods. Try a REAL mod before you even consider judging them....

03/29/2017 2:44 am
Chickens4Life
avrona
Anyway, Most vanilla players get optifine and NEI and map mods anyway.

What on earth is optifine? I'm a vanilla player but I never heard of it.

Optifine is a cilent mod, it basically makes minecraft run a hell of alot smoother, it also allows use of editing normally uneditable settings in vanilla minecraft. Best part since its cilent you can join any vanilla server or modded server without being kicked etc
03/29/2017 1:37 am
avrona
Anyway, Most vanilla players get optifine and NEI and map mods anyway.

What on earth is optifine? I'm a vanilla player but I never heard of it.
03/29/2017 1:30 am
Lachie1770
Greystalk
Azie
Greystalk
I wasn't saying command blocks would replace mods, because they won't. I'm just saying that it's not like Mojang is completely ignoring modders. I think they're just trying to encourage vanilla mods. I myself enjoy regular mods, but they can be a pain to deal with sometimes, which is why I like all this vanilla customization.

Mods can only be a pain to deal with because there's no official modding API. If we had one, we wouldnt have to worry about "am I using the correct version of Forge" and mods in general would be easier for their respective devs to update.

How would an official mod API be any better than forge, specifically lag wise? unless this official mod API was optional (like how we install Forge). It would cause a lot of unnecessary lag for vanilla players. As for the mod development, I figure it would be similar to how texture packs update, which would still be a pain sometimes.

A few more lines of code wouldnt lag your computer unless your own a toaster.... Anyway, Most vanilla players get optifine and NEI and map mods anyway.. It wouldnt make the game any slower.... But since this is minecraft... it would forced into the version that it would be planned to, Just like the 1.9 Combat with no gamerule....
03/29/2017 1:19 am
Chickens4Life
Greystalk
Azie
Greystalk
I wasn't saying command blocks would replace mods, because they won't. I'm just saying that it's not like Mojang is completely ignoring modders. I think they're just trying to encourage vanilla mods. I myself enjoy regular mods, but they can be a pain to deal with sometimes, which is why I like all this vanilla customization.

Mods can only be a pain to deal with because there's no official modding API. If we had one, we wouldnt have to worry about "am I using the correct version of Forge" and mods in general would be easier for their respective devs to update.

How would an official mod API be any better than forge, specifically lag wise? unless this official mod API was optional (like how we install Forge). It would cause a lot of unnecessary lag for vanilla players. As for the mod development, I figure it would be similar to how texture packs update, which would still be a pain sometimes.

Typically i cant imagine any offical api would lag an vanilla game, i imagine it being like this program in minecraft which only activates when mods are being installed etc, Yeah but i cant see how a little program (well not like little little but little) would lag a vanilla install
03/29/2017 12:45 am
Level 45 : Master Ranger
Greystalk
Azie
Greystalk

03/29/2017 12:23 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Greystalk

03/29/2017 12:12 am
Greystalk
Lachie1770
Greystalk
Lachie1770So how can we repair Minecraft? Simple. Make it easier for mods and the mod developers... They work harder then mojang to make good mods... (I mean sersiouly these updates lately have been pretty simple and boring, only adding a few blocks and mobs..) And Mainly just do bug fixes etc instead of adding junk to the game.

I object. ever since 1.9 it has gotten easier to add stuff to Minecraft, not necessarily through mods, but through vanilla Minecraft. Have you seen Jragon's Tempest Box? It adds a ton of new items, blocks, and game mechanics using only command blocks and a resource pack. And the 1.12 update sounds like it will be even easier to do custom stuff in Minecraft. They're slowing integrating a system where we can customize Minecraft through vanilla means, rather then through mods.

Well... yes.. I have seen that Tempest Box... Its not bad... The structures it generates should be in the vanilla game anyway... It needs more decent structures.. But instead of adding good stuff they just break combat and add watered down wings that were already found in mods.

Sure you can use commandblocks, but commandblocks and resoucepacks are still and will always be limited... Commandblocks will never be as powerful as to what mods can do... (And With mods, you don't need a large area just for redstone/commandblocks). So if your trying to say command blocks will replace mods they will not and will never will.

03/28/2017 11:28 pm
Lachie1770
Greystalk
Lachie1770So how can we repair Minecraft? Simple. Make it easier for mods and the mod developers... They work harder then mojang to make good mods... (I mean sersiouly these updates lately have been pretty simple and boring, only adding a few blocks and mobs..) And Mainly just do bug fixes etc instead of adding junk to the game.

I object. ever since 1.9 it has gotten easier to add stuff to Minecraft, not necessarily through mods, but through vanilla Minecraft. Have you seen Jragon's Tempest Box? It adds a ton of new items, blocks, and game mechanics using only command blocks and a resource pack. And the 1.12 update sounds like it will be even easier to do custom stuff in Minecraft. They're slowing integrating a system where we can customize Minecraft through vanilla means, rather then through mods.

Well... yes.. I have seen that Tempest Box... Its not bad... The structures it generates should be in the vanilla game anyway... It needs more decent structures.. But instead of adding good stuff they just break combat and add watered down wings that were already found in mods.

Sure you can use commandblocks, but commandblocks and resoucepacks are still and will always be limited... Commandblocks will never be as powerful as to what mods can do... (And With mods, you don't need a large area just for redstone/commandblocks). So if your trying to say command blocks will replace mods they will not and will never will.
03/28/2017 12:52 pm
Greystalk

03/28/2017 7:18 am
avrona
For me there is nothing to repair. But if you think there is, the best thing to do is give it time until another update comes out. For example 1.9, one of my favourite updates ever. Fixed combat, expended end, elytra, lingering potions, and so much more. It focused on fixing, improving, and adding so much useful and needed stuff.
03/28/2017 5:52 am
Level 23 : Expert Network
Seivelath
Ever heard of updates? You know, something that is added to Minecraft once in a while that adds more stuff to do?

That's probably why I play Minecraft so much because I never care about interacting with people.

The only servers I go on are the popular ones, which are popular but haven't really got a "small community" thing, and own server, which only I and one of my friends go on.

While I do not wish to turn this thread into a pissing match, I just want to address the three points you've given here.

1) Yes, new content can be added to the game, but at the end of the day, no matter what they add, it will never create something drastically new. Looking at the mechanics added by Modern Mojang, we are most likely never going to see a totally new path such as Redstone added. You could add magic, superpowers, whatever your mind desires, but at the end of the day, the core focus on survival or creativity cannot be broken. Content only elongates the fun that can be had with a concept, it cannot inherently create new concepts without literally throwing the current balance of the game out the window.

2) I agree that sometimes video games can be a more solitary thing, wherein the enjoyment comes from the solitude, but it's interesting to see you say this about Minecraft, one of the most social mainstream games available all things considered. Still, there's only so much you can do in singleplayer.

3) Fair enough, everyone has their own opinion on what they want, I can't fault you for wanting to play on large servers, I enjoy doing that also, but it doesn't directly fault my point that friends are what keeps people coming back to the game.

In regards to everyone else comments, I specifically have to agree with Azrath...
I had no desire to move from 1.2.5

If you really find the newer versions that abhorrent, you have the ability to go back to older releases of the game. Sometime's I return to 1.7 Beta, what I find my heydey since that's when I was most into Minecraft. Everyone has this ability, so why not use it?

In regards to a full new enormous update, even then I don't feel it can really fully ignite someone back into Minecraft, see point 1 above.
03/28/2017 5:48 am
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher
Azrath
Why not just come on Tekkit Classic, 1.2.5 version? There are still servers out there and I still play it. I do not remember when was the last time I booted up the "original" minecraft. I do not even know what was added in the game, when my brother mentioned some kind of wings, llamas(why, just why) and other things I had no desire to move from 1.2.5.
03/28/2017 5:02 am
Lachie1770
Yea Minecraft was ruined by the 1.9 update that really just broke combat.... And The fact that most servers are just same old minigames, Factions and Prision servers that are all generic and boring. The only good servers left are smaller servers with a soul. The big ones are all just cashcows with no purpose other to make money.

I remember the 1.2.5 days.. I guess you call say it was the end of the golden days of Minecraft....

The Only thing keeping me playing minecraft is mods.. mainly 1.7.10... Mods keep games alive.. but these updates are breaking everything including mods so Its pretty much by looks of things gonna kill itself...

So how can we repair Minecraft? Simple. Make it easier for mods and the mod developers... They work harder then mojang to make good mods... (I mean sersiouly these updates lately have been pretty simple and boring, only adding a few blocks and mobs..) And Mainly just do bug fixes etc instead of adding junk to the game.
03/28/2017 3:58 am
Level 1 : New Miner
minecraftrocker99
updates are too small to reach this spark,as GTA, nobody plays san andreas, but certainly plays gta5,we need one huge update
03/28/2017 3:31 am
avrona
you start to run out of new experiences to partake in,

Ever heard of updates? You know, something that is added to Minecraft once in a while that adds more stuff to do?

, but people, we crave human interaction as a base need

That's probably why I play Minecraft so much, because I never care about interacting with people.

The best bet you have is if you want to keep that spark going is finding a server that has a community that you love hanging out with.

The only servers I go on are the popular ones, which are popular but haven't really got a "small community" thing, and own server, which only I and one of my friends go on.
03/28/2017 3:04 am
Level 23 : Expert Network
Seivelath
The key issue is that Minecraft burnout is a real thing, it's the fact with nearly any game that has a possibly infinite playtime. The game will be great when you start, but as time goes on and you start to run out of new experiences to partake in, you start to lose that joy you found when you first started the game. I've gone through that process, no less than three times, you come back, find that spark of wonder all over again, and just as before, that spark begins to go out again. It's not really the game's fault, rather the players, and even if it was the games fault, the infinite nature of the game means it could never really be fixed.

The best bet you have is if you want to keep that spark going is finding a server that has a community that you love hanging out with. A person can only go to a game so many time, but people, we crave human interaction as a base need, and hopefully you are always willing to come back to people. Those that you play with will help you find your way into enjoying the game once again

TL;DR - Minecraft Burnout, Find good server with good friends to elongate when that burn comes.
03/28/2017 2:52 am
avrona
How can you repair something that's not broken?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome