How to copy creations into different worlds using world edit

lynchyinc's Avatar lynchyinc11/13/11 5:50 pm
1 emeralds 27.3k 1
11/13/2011 6:08 pm
number1_Master's Avatar number1_Master
hi there citizens of planetmc!

I'm in the process of making a building bundle pack and since I don't use MCedit thought I'd share with you how to copy and paste buildings from one singleplayer world to a different world using world edit found in singleplayer commands.

this is useful if you don't want to download mcedit and it's incredibly simple to do.

1)
to start off with, choose the building you want to copy into a different world, get out your wooden axe (this is the magic wand in case you didn't know already).

2)
create a cuboid around the object you want to copy,(there are plenty of tutorials on how to copy and paste using cuboids on youtube if you don't know how)

3) copy your selection with //copy - this has now saved the block selection to the clipboard

4) type '//save test' (test being the name of the selection, this can be changed to whatever name you want) this has now saved a schematic which can be found in your schematics file in your minecraft folder

5) simply open the new world you want to paste your selection into and type '//load test' - this will load the schematic called 'test' onto your clipboard (again, it doesn't have to be called test, use whichever name you saved the selection under)

6) finally just type //paste and it will paste the selection into your new world!

I hope this helps and will aid you in creating great worlds!
lynchyinc
Retired Moderator
Level 82 : Elite Architect