How did your First ever Minecraft Survival go?

Wikimaster0's Avatar Wikimaster05/24/19 1:53 am
6/1/2019 8:16 pm
SuperMBTutorials's Avatar SuperMBTutorials
(I started playing on April 10th 2017, With version 1.11.2) After playing on Hypixel for a few hours, I decided to boot up survival Minecraft to see what it was like. I spawned on an island with a village, I ransacked all of their supplies and killed two of the villagers. When night fell I was outside like a sitting duck, and I quickly tried to punch the hostile mobs with my fist (which wasn't very effective), so on low health I made a shelter for myself out of dirt and waited out the night. Remembering what happened in the night, I decided to build a house (It was a shabby cube house made of oak wood). Soon I got hungry, so I had the genius idea to kill off every mob on the island; and It worked! I wasn't hungry anymore... for a time. I got into a bad habit of leaving my house at night, so I built a glass ceiling on my house so that I could see what time it was (I didn't know clocks existed at the time). At some point, a creeper spawned on my roof (Keep in mind I didn't know what creepers did at the time), I thought It looked cute, so I broke the glass and let it into my house. (The room I let it into was my storage room) sooo... it blew up. Items everywhere. It broke my bed so I spawned elsewhere on the island. I navigated back to my house, more mobs came through the massive hole in the house. I hid behind a door, and made a crafting table out of the wood walls. I crafted a wooden sword, and then went in and faced the mobs, another creeper blew up, reducing my house to a crater and destroying all of my items (But hey, it killed the other mobs!). At this point, I only saw one option; I rebuilt my house and went mining for countless hours. I got stacks of iron, which I used all of it on iron armor to display on armorstands. I also found a few diamonds, I made a enchantment table, a diamond pickaxe, and diamond boots. I made a nether portal, (At this point I didn't have a reliable source of food). I was at a nether fortress burning to death. I was running and I jumped over a block and fell into lava, with my enchantment table, diamond boots, and diamond pickaxe. I then ragequit survival forever (by that I mean about 3 months). Hopefully your first experience wasn't as bad as mine! What did you do your first time?
Wikimaster0
Level 47 : Master Robot

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/01/2019 8:16 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Engineer
SuperMBTutorials
In 2012 the game was alot simpler, dont know if anyone else can relate to 2012 (1.1 and 1.2 minecraft). But i vaguely remember my first survival, I booted it up and i spawned on an island with 1 tree and a few animals, i didnt like it so i just swam for like 10 mins and found main land, at this time it was pitch black and there were about idk 100 mobs on that shore. I died before even making it onto land. I stayed on that island and dug a hole in the ground for my house. I killed the animals for my dwindling food bar and then found out that i could punch the tree for wood (i was 8-9 and really dumb) I dont remember the rest sadly but i bet i ended up rage quiting due to a creeper
05/26/2019 7:25 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
DraconianReptilian
I'm just gonna go with PE, because that's when I started. This was like 2015, so the 'infinite' option that PE has today didn't exist yet. I remember feeling like the world had all of Minecraft's biomes so far because it had like a forest and a desert, although realistically it probably had like two or three because worlds were pretty tiny back in those days. I remember setting up like three homes across different parts of the world, and one ended up getting blown up by a creeper at some point. I think I deleted it at some point, don't remember why.
05/26/2019 6:47 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
leangreen76
I built a small home on top of a mountain, mountains which seemed impossibly tall back then, but got tired of having to go up and down for resources so I built stairs down. For some reason I don't build them on the outside down the mountain but down into it. They became so long I nick-named them the "Stairs - TO HELL", (In a Vince McMahon voice.) Eventually I came out the other side of the mountain, still high up pondering what to do for a good while before double backing into the mountain.

Unfortunately I don't have that world anymore however. It did lead me to trying to cross a mountain top that lead me to my next saved world..

For this save (World#1) I spawned on the beach and made my way to the top of the nearest mountain, my idea being:- to build a home on it then build a sky bridge to the next mountain top and build another home there and so on. This is the idea I got from the end of the previous world mentioned.
05/26/2019 4:05 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Mage
XENX-SMP
Poorly, i couldn't figure out what to do initially
05/26/2019 4:03 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Dwarf
Darin_the_Dwarf
I don't remember very specifically, but I would have deleted my first worldbecause it was on the Windows 10 demo version and the world could only be played for a limited time without the full version.
05/25/2019 10:12 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Architect
TheArchitect1995
I don't remember much of it but I was playing with my brother at the time. I spent about 4 in game days lost in a cave system
05/24/2019 12:27 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
Makaneek
lol i bossed it.
05/24/2019 7:45 am
Level 47 : Master Procrastinator
VincentsAnxiety
I honestly don't remember my first survival..

I think it might've been somewhere near 1.6.4 or 1.7.2, as I said I don't honestly remember so that's fun..

It could've been modded (Back when my old PC used to run mods on the NORMAL MINECRAFT LAUNCHER) as my brother, one of our friends, and I used to host a LAN server every time we got onto a Modded minecraft world that either I had in my saves, or my brother had in his saves (Honestly don't remember at this point) but that's as early of a survival world as I can remember (It's not because I was too young, It was just because I have a horrible memory) and even then It doesn't count too much as a "survival" as we were all kind of cheating every once in a while so I dunno..

I know the mods included like Mo'creatures and maybe some Emerald mod (It made Emeralds more useful, an example being: It made armor, weapons, and tools) as well as a Space mod (Can't remember the name and I dunno if there's more than one.), I know we had many more but I kind of forgot what they were as we just downloaded random mods that we thought were cool but yeah I don't remember too much of it, just little details like some of the mods we had and such..

I also remember having a house made out of Wyvern Wood, not sure if it was mine or my friend's..
But yeah that's my Survival world story I guess, not as good as everyone else's due to not having remembered too much of it and even then it might not have been my first survival (or REAL survival for that matter).
05/24/2019 5:20 am
Level 32 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
Not sure this ought be counted, but my first ever MC was the PC mag demo version…
Between the in-game help and having read a bit about the game ahead of time, I had rather less of a hard go than the OP…

I also had a good bit of pre-play 'coaching' in the form of appeals to buy the game for some of the family youngsters; such was not their intent, but one can glean quite a bit of advice from all those hours [seemingly] of No-Phooey-There-We-Were stories…

I do recall having to avoid projecting real-world physics into the game: both my first and second deaths were caused by expecting water to affect archery as it would IRL (first by thinking arrows would have poor penetration into water, second by assuming a skeleton in water would be unable to shoot with a wet bowstring).
05/24/2019 3:10 am
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Modder
Geforce
Back in Beta 1.1_02 when I was 11 years old, I thought ore blocks had a random chance of not dropping any items because I constantly used wood and stone pickaxes to mine diamonds and redstone.

I wasn't a very bright Minecrafter.
05/24/2019 2:03 am
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Demolitionist
busterdogtnt
Back In the good old days there were no beds, dark days, I still have nightmares from those days.
05/24/2019 1:57 am
Level 47 : Master Robot
Wikimaster0
Also sidenote I thought gold armor was better than iron armor

Yeah.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome