How to be EULA compliant

ashland50's Avatar ashland507/21/16 3:41 am
7/21/2016 2:19 pm
Flappo's Avatar Flappo
Hi guys, you've probably got a server with kits, right? Well, you'll get shutdown eventually by Mojang. I made this for people who want to understand the EULA.

It basically means you can only have things that aren't an unfair advantage. This would mean kits would affect gameplay. So, you must have anything cosmetics

What the EULA allows:
- Cosmetics (Basically just pets and particles)
- Tickets (To get whitelisted by paying)
- Treasure Chests

What they don't allow:
- Kits
- Commands like /fly and /god
- Staff or OP

You agree to the EULA. Now don't ignore it. Otherwise, you will get blacklisted. Yes, you heard me, didn't you?
ashland50
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/21/2016 2:14 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Blacksmith
AaronBacon
In My Opinion, The EULA is a Joke.
Mojang Set up the New Rules then only decide to enforce them a year later, by taking down a few big servers, Now We havent heard anything about it since and server owners just go, "I guess they aren't doing anything about it, So imma keep selling /fly"
If Mojang wants people to listen they need to continuously enforce it on ALL servers, not just Enforce it ONCE on some big Factions/Pvp servers and then do nothing
07/21/2016 2:19 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
Flappo
The point is, it takes 2 months for a server to be blacklisted (if they really continue and selling stuff even after the emails).
So it might take a while before more pops up.
They blacklisted quite a lot, but a lot of them got unblocked already.
You can watch it live here: https://blocklist.tcpr.ca/
They added 2 new IP's quite recently.
07/21/2016 2:06 pm
Level 27 : Expert Sweetheart
Exoh
Why are posts about the EULA still being made? Server owners know whats coming to them if they are misusing the agreement. There is no need to make a post about it to people who aren't even affected by it. You're a little late. This EULA situation is coming up again when it was calmed down over a year ago. You don't need to remind the people of the terms when they agreed to it themselves. As for non server owners, it's not your server, deal with it.
07/21/2016 9:20 am
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
I'm not quite sure you understand the point of kits. Kits often offer a different kind of gameplay. A good example of this would be me playing as a Leaper Hunter instead of a Radar Hunter on Mineplex's Block Hunt. The kits are very well balanced in all of the games, making sure no player has an advantage over the other in ways other than skill.

They still alter gameplay and are not cosmetic. However one the main examples of kits going wrong on servers are OP kits you have to whip out your debit card or PayPal account to get, and that is really where the most trouble lies with purchasable kits and the EULA preventing it.

So far Mojang is doing a great job of enforcing the EULA, and I hope they just ignore the people that hate it.
07/21/2016 9:10 am
Level 36 : Artisan Pokemon
JediJerboa
I'm not quite sure you understand the point of kits. Kits often offer a different kind of gameplay. A good example of this would be me playing as a Leaper Hunter instead of a Radar Hunter on Mineplex's Block Hunt. The kits are very well balanced in all of the games, making sure no player has an advantage over the other in ways other than skill.

Also, fly and god commands are still used in ways that don't concern EULA. Now, if it's used against players, that's bad. But if I'm just flying around to get a good view on a map I'm making, I don't think EULA will get mad at me.

But if you wanted to see things that were against EULA, you should have seen my friend's server, PandaCraft, when it was still up and running. We only had like ten people playing, so if we were doing PvP, we had the rule of anything goes. Come to think of it, anything went at all times on that server. Ah, how I miss those days.
07/21/2016 8:44 am
Level 23 : Expert Nerd
likn
The thing is, what he wrote above is not true. Out of the 3 things he said were not allowed, all 3 are allowed. If you want to know what is and isn't actually allowed, read the EULA. It's more accurate than someone telling you that having staff on your server isn't allowed and is against the EULA.
07/21/2016 8:32 am
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
The EULA is to ensure no player has an advantage over another. This doesn't mean no kits, it means that the kits can't have items unobtainable by the other players. This also means that cosmetic changes and chests are okay, so long as every other player can get them without paying.
07/21/2016 8:28 am
Level 23 : Expert Nerd
likn
Pretty much none of this is true.

So, what you're trying to say is kits (which can be free) aren't allowed.

Also, /fly and /god aren't allowed even if they're given away free?

And that being OP or a staff member on a server is not allowed?

None of that is true. If lets say Mojang does do this however, pretty much 96% of Minecraft servers would be blacklisted...
07/21/2016 6:38 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
xInFuse
Mojang doesn't instantly blacklist a server. They give the server owner a date that their server has to be compliant by.
07/21/2016 6:49 am
Level 23 : Expert Toast
zute6
AntVenom stated a two month period is allowd for the owner to make changes to the server to fit the EULA, otherwise it will be shut down. Honestly the EULA seems like a ridiculous idea, as Microsoft just wants money, they should just be focusing on Cracked Servers
07/21/2016 8:23 am
Flappo
Your view on this is not right.
It is not Microsoft who is doing this, even when Mojang would not be taken over by Microsoft this would have happened.
I think the EULA is just something you should live with, and if you don't accept it, you're one of those kids who only care about the money they can make.
07/21/2016 9:35 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
xInFuse
A common misconception is that Microsoft created the EULA. That is completely false. Mojang created it a long time before they were bought by Microsoft, and Mojang is just now deciding to enforce it. Just thought I'd clear that up for anyone else that views this thread.
07/21/2016 8:40 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
Chazii
Do you even know how much it costs to run a server that is played by thousands?

EDIT: "those kids" lmao bruh you can't even run a successful server.
07/21/2016 2:01 pm
Flappo
It costs a lot, but you can get a lot from cosmetic items, just like what Hypixel is doing.
But you need to do it the right way, unique ways that have never been done before, in a way that someone would definetily buy it because it looks awesome.
I bet they are making profit of it. But they probally have financial advisors and most small servers don't.
But besides that, Minecraft does not have to turn into a money generator.
If you make a server, you do it with love, not for the server. Just because you want a fun community to play on, or maybe because you just want your own server. But still, if you want to make money, Minecraft is NOT the place to be. Get a job in a shop or something, it is a much better and faster way.

Also, didn't ask for personal advise, so let's just stay on-topic and stay nice to eachother? Thanks.
07/21/2016 3:54 am
Chazii
This is funny. They don't allow commands like /fly but look at the Archon. Youtubers get fly command. and -snip-? They don't allow kits? If the kits are all cosmetic then its allowed. I don't even get the point of you making this post.
07/21/2016 4:00 am
Flappo
You don't pay to be a youtuber, right?
So then it's still allowed.
The EULA is about selling stuff in your store.
07/21/2016 6:32 am
Chazii
Oh really? The Archon is selling unban/deathban fees and they aren't down yet
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome