Improve minecraft gaming with scientific formula

craftergurl's Avatar craftergurl1/28/16 1:14 pm
2/5/2016 5:19 pm
craftergurl's Avatar craftergurl
To test a characters minecraft IQ (not yours) there is a simple formula to use. The formula is characters minecraft age (in months) over minecraft skill age (in months) times 100 so that would be I played for 12 months and my skill level is 12 months so it is 12/12 or 1 that is 1 x 100 so my minecraft IQ is 100 - patent pending
craftergurl
Level 33 : Artisan Princess

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/03/2016 5:00 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Imposter
Jewelman
How the heck are you supposed to measure the skill level in months? Is there any possible way to know that?
02/05/2016 5:19 pm
craftergurl
months is easier then weeks and not everyone has played for years so that only really leaves months as a measure.
01/31/2016 4:20 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Lumberjack
Sergeant Sarcasm
Either way, if skill age and age are in fact different, you need to specify how you accurately quantify "skill age" rather than just leaving it up to our imaginations. You brought all of us trying to interpret and re-do your equation on yourself, because you never actually properly explained anything.
Have you ever heard anyone say "explain it in a way a child could do it" ever? well that's kinda what you should do, especially in this case. Because I'm in college and I still cannot figure out how this could possibly be anything other than 100 without pulling numbers out of the air and assuming our interpretation of your equation is correct.
01/31/2016 5:13 pm
craftergurl
you are the voice of reason you got it! they are different and I didnt explain how to quantify it! Exactly that is what needs to be done ty
02/01/2016 7:56 pm
Level 23 : Expert Pokemon
NovaCat3
*points rapidly and dramatically to what I just said* Really?
02/03/2016 4:33 pm
craftergurl
indeed
01/31/2016 3:46 pm
Level 29 : Expert Architect
ElMeiser
I assume the only way anyone cannot get 100 is if the "skill age" (whatever that is) is NOT equal to the actual first logon date of said account, but counting from a specific event, eg. first mob kill, there would be some difference, but it would have to be in the seconds as people can spawn near a mob, again this is completely ridiculous seeing as a video game IQ is not even measurable against standard IQ, and even that system is flawed, can someone close this thread

01/31/2016 2:40 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
craftykids
To everyone saying that you'll always get 100:

It doesn't look that way to me. As I understand it, the formula is 100*(A/S), with A being account age (in months) and S being skill level. Skill level is also measured in months, but rather than being the number of months that you've played, it's like...the number of months an average player would need to play in order to get to your skill level? That's not exactly what craftergurl said--it wasn't stated that you're comparing to the average player--but that's the interpretation that makes the most sense to me.

Of course, I could be misunderstanding it too...the formula hasn't been incredibly well-explained.
01/31/2016 1:14 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
kills and deaths have to be for survival singleplayer and the exact difficulty aka normal if on hard its 50% higher and easy is 50% lower and if you use players kills and deaths its lowered effect so it effects about 1/10 of the score and time that you joined as in paid for plays no cracked clients or it wont count as being ingame born but if you joined before 1.0.0 release aka end being added aka alot less pvp servers then there pvp score is raised by 10% and lowered by 10% if you joined after it and maybe doing these seperately then add together after making the pvp part 1/11 for prior end and 1/9 for after the end is added? idk some weird logic get einstiene or some mod you edit his name after this please?
name here please:
01/31/2016 1:03 pm
Level 22 : Expert Modder
Lacuna Corporation
This is like maths for hillbillies.
01/30/2016 2:06 pm
ElMeiser
Skill in terms of gaming is generally accepted to be a KDR (at least in FPS, which minecraft could sort of be considered as). Thus the whole equation of having 3 variables may be far too little. We can tweak the equation in the sense as it could be

X(Y/Z)
We take a random month amount, say 13 months, take a KD, lets assume its 5:3
13 (5/3)= 21 2/3 IQ, which could be our raw score

RECAP:
X= Age in months
Y = Kills
Z = Deaths
01/30/2016 12:10 pm
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
01/31/2016 12:44 pm
craftergurl
that was not the formula that I was using you changed the formula and made your own. try testing the characters stats with my independ and dependent variables and the math is different
01/31/2016 1:02 pm
NovaCat3
I think changing the formula was the idea... as basically everyone else who has stumbled upon this thread has said, the only thing we could discern from your formula was that you divided the time you played minecraft by the time you played minecraft and then multiplied it. Literally everyone is going to get the same response to this. Maybe you did something different that you didn't explain here clearly (i.e. what "skill age" is) but everyone else is getting the same answer. To try to come up with a formula that would actually work to give people different stats in order to achieve any sort of accuracy, Mercer came up with his own variables that would actually produce a different answer depending on the player.
01/30/2016 11:45 am
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
There is no sense or reason to be found in attempting to quantify, well, whatever you're trying to quantify here. I can't even tell.
01/30/2016 11:29 am
ElMeiser
If that's the case, wouldn't our unknown be the "minecraft skill". Which could be defined as kills over deaths, rather than in months.
So it could look more like
y = minecraft age (upon first launch of the game, you are "born"
x = kills
z = deaths

However I have no idea if it should be mob kills or player kills, honestly if we're going to try to find something like this, we may as weak make it work
01/30/2016 11:06 am
ElMeiser
Hmm, this needs far more variables to "test a minecraft IQ" also, a video game IQ is not quantifiable by any stretch of the imagination. There is no defining factor saying it's set value, nor its average. In order for it to be well established, it must be tested throughly, using thousands of people. To the equation, you always get 100 as Toastu said.
01/31/2016 1:35 pm
craftergurl
well it needs to be tested on a few more minecraft characters but contrary to the other poster som players get different results like 150 or 175 not everyone got 100 so the math does work
01/31/2016 2:06 pm
NovaCat3
Well then clearly you need to actually explain what you variables are.
01/30/2016 7:08 am
Level 23 : Expert System
b7e
This isn't even a scientific formula. This is just a basic arithmetic calculation.

Anyways, it's a bit confusing to read. I'll organise it.

x = Months played
y= Months played (again)

x / y x 100
= 'Minecraft IQ'

There's an catch - no matter how many months you put in, the answer will always be 100.

Nicely played.
01/28/2016 2:20 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Mage
HeyItsPaul
Erm.. this will not work, it requires even more.
01/30/2016 10:08 am
craftergurl
it worked for my character when I added it up
01/30/2016 11:24 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Lumberjack
Sergeant Sarcasm
It may have worked for your character when you added it up, but it won't work for anyone else. This variable requires even more as HeyItsPaul and especially how Toastu stated. It always equals 100. It requires more variables not dependent on time to keep it from always being 100 and completely linear.

Let me break it down for you:
Any number divided by itself is 1. So that means we can get rid of that part and replace it with 1. Keep in mind this one is universal, it applies to all who do this equation because both inputs will be the exact same. And now that we got rid of the inputs, there is no variable to keep it from being it's result of 100.

If you want to spice it up, make it something like:
x = Minecraft age
y = Minecraft "skill" age (if there's a difference)
z = Some other variable
sin(x)/cos(y)*z

I just put the sine and cosine in there to mix things up. Make it something more than simple division and multiplication.
01/28/2016 2:09 pm
craftergurl
yes some minecraft characters are only 3 mos old so that can not be measuerd in years
01/28/2016 2:04 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1793855
[deleted]
01/29/2016 11:31 am
craftergurl
i used this formula for my mc character
01/28/2016 2:00 pm
craftergurl
this has nothing to do with the players age let me re phrase it it is (time played in months) over (skill level in months ) X 100 what is says is if a players skill level is at 12 months and they only played 3 months they are really good gamer at minecraft!
01/28/2016 1:58 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
Altitude Community
I'm a bit confused about some of the variables. By "character's minecraft age" are you implying that they were born on the day you bought Minecraft? Such that its the time since you bought the game?

Also, what is a "skill age"?
01/28/2016 2:17 pm
craftergurl
it ischaracters (skill level) over (time played) X 100 for example if my new character played minecraft one month but have the skill level of a player of 2 mos then it would be 2/1 X 100 or minecraft IQ of 200 btw i see you are a coder - nice do you make plugins for MC?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome