How to give Minecraft that sense of wonder again?

Spartains's Avatar Spartains8/19/15 11:30 pm
1 emeralds 1.2k 25
9/16/2015 7:50 pm
NathanLithia's Avatar NathanLithia
Well. After 3 years of playing Minecraft (Since 1.2.4 Release), it should be easy to understand the game has gotten quite boring. I have tried to use mods to change it up, but the mods I use just aren't working because of the amount of content it adds to the game, 5 Trillion items can be pretty confusing... I want mods that don't add to much but don't add to little. I want something that will give me the experience of playing the game for the first time again.

Some concepts I find interesting are:

Apocalyptic (Like Fallout, Metro or S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)
RPG (As in RPG, like Skyrim or Oblivion)
Military (Kind of speaks for its self...)
Medievil (Knights, Chivalry, that sort of thing)

(Also, providing something that will help me manage all these items that these mods add would be nice. I have tried NotEnoughItems, and it helps a LOT. Though, if you have something better than that, tell me and I will go find it.)

-Thanks guy!
~Jira (rogerdillon300zx)
Spartains
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/16/2015 7:50 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Network
NathanLithia
I believe the amazing community has moved on to other games sadly or have gotten to college or even jobs, and now we're left with the mass of Younger game playing individuals.
09/16/2015 5:55 pm
Level 24 : Expert Nerd
dooly123
there is a new terrain generator called cityworld could use that also look into some shaders that defently gives a new look
09/16/2015 5:41 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Warrior
DubstepRod
Im not too sure about mods. You could just play in an RPG Server.
I have an rpg server thats fairly new if you want to check it out.

IP: play.finalfantasyminecraftrealms.com
09/16/2015 6:01 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Cookie
oh_wow333
tsk tsk tsk.

shameless adevertising
09/16/2015 10:39 am
Level 25 : Expert Architect
NASH0XX
Check out my project, I'm sure you will find it interesting.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/se ... r-roleplay
08/23/2015 6:49 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Explorer
RenegadeRad
I have one brilliant way to do something like that, if you know how to make a modded hamachi server, (Look up on the net) You and a friend of yours can play on a city map (such as open world zombie survival) with mods such as flans, adventure backpack, TMI (In case you die ), Custom NPC's, or even, the MineZ mod. I dont want to advertise, but there is a great fallout server made by Blockworks, go check it out, also one of the most famous The Mining Dead server is also cool incase you want to play with some buddies
08/26/2015 12:22 pm
Spartains
Actually, me a my friends are currently doing Vanilla survival, and its been awesome. I have never really done Vanilla with friends before. But, I think we might do a modded play through to at some point.
08/23/2015 6:45 am
Level 32 : Artisan Architect
Alcatraz_Sniper
Well, I have a beefy computer, so I play with shaders a lot. I usually just like to build fantastic projects for myself. It's calming, relaxing and keeps you busy for a few hours! It's nice to look at one of your creations and appreciate it block by block with the sun gleaming off of it.
08/23/2015 6:31 am
Level 42 : Master Mage
Endersteve
I just build stuff when motivated, or become apart of new communities and make friends.
08/23/2015 6:27 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Lad
ThatCobblestoneGuy
Gahh, totally understand how you feel.
After the playing the game for 4-5 years nothing is new to me now. I know every single aspect and there is nothing to explore and have fun with. I would love to help you out, but I'm not a mod-person. When I have nothing to do I plan some huge project which usually keeps me occupied for a week or two- but if that isn't your thing nothing much I can do bud.
08/21/2015 10:21 am
Level 1 : New Miner
LittleBeige
You should try Teramia Ultimate Modded eddtion. It is a mod pack map that is super awesome! It has quests and mini-bosses. It gave me that "Whooole neewwww world!" feeling.
08/20/2015 1:55 pm
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
It's old, and you're going to have to dig pretty deep to find it, but the Zombieland mod used to be awesome. You want the version that had the randomly generated cities.

Can't remember specifically what version it was on, but I remember running it with old Zeppelin mod and SDK's gun mod. Best thing to do is build a shelter at the top of one of the cities and go full I am legend.

As for more current versions, well I can only help you on the Military side with stuff like MCheli and Flan's mod, but either will completely flood your game with items. But the new apocalypse mode for Flan's mod is quite good fun for a while, but you really need to have a few friends to play it with.
08/26/2015 12:19 pm
Spartains
Oooooo. This sounds awesome. I'm for sure going to give this a try!
08/20/2015 1:54 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Dolphin
Patchpen
Mods aren't the answer. Not for me anyway. Plan a building. Something huge and glorious. That'll keep you for a few weeks.
08/20/2015 1:50 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Hero
Runninlikcraz
I guess if you've tried all that I suggested then here are a few mods that I've played which were fun based on your interests

The Legend of Notch
Twilight Forest
Tale of Kingdoms
Galacticraft
Zelda Mod
Star Wars Mod
OreSpawn (May have a little too many items but meh)
Tropicraft

Hope you haven't tried em!
08/20/2015 1:21 am
Level 24 : Expert Dolphin
Red_Bo
Have you tried Wynncraft?
08/20/2015 1:33 pm
Spartains
Sorry man. I'm only looking for mods :/
08/20/2015 12:30 am
Level 39 : Artisan Scribe
Jetra
You can try TerraFirmaCraft which is an overhaul of the game, I recommend watching videos on it first as it's really tough (basic crafting involves learning to "form" your tools like an axe, a javelin, and such)
09/16/2015 5:03 pm
Level 42 : Master Necromancer
candle_
I second this 100%. It's an interesting break from the vanilla, and the worldgen is really nice. It evokes a sense of wonder for me, personally, just because exploring isn't boring anymore, with most biomes looking exactly the same. Takes a little while to learn the systems, but they're not that difficult and they don't take, like, 20 million different items.
09/16/2015 5:20 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
do it terrafirmacraft do it do it
08/19/2015 11:59 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Artist
Zoundrev
I know for me personally, playing mod-packs such as Feed the Beast and Tekkit adds a new perspective to the game and made me excited to play the game again. Texture packs also help a lot, seeing the game in a whole new way is also refreshing. More and more impressive adventure maps are coming out I recommend looking some up and trying them out.
08/19/2015 11:56 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Hero
Runninlikcraz
A list of things that I find helpful to keep Minecraft refreshing

Changing texture/resource packs a lot (theres a lot of good ones now since the models update!)
Try adventure maps (like vivalavulcan said)
Try more mods
Play servers with minigames or whatever suits your interests
Play whatever updates mojang gives us even if you dont like some of the features

If you've done all of these and are still bored then you can officially say you've outgrown Minecraft and need to move on to something else.
Good luck!
08/19/2015 11:36 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Scribe
LetsGoTrippin
Download adventure maps based on your intrests.
08/19/2015 11:52 pm
Spartains
Then what after that...? Mods are long lasting and you don't beat it in an hour.
08/20/2015 12:12 am
Level 37 : Artisan Scribe
LetsGoTrippin
There are some maps that last over 30 hours, trust me. Also, you could join a server that is post-apocalyptic themed or an RPG server.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome