How long before we get moving objects in Minecraft?

ShelLuser's Avatar ShelLuser4/14/19 9:58 am
2 emeralds 294 3
4/15/2019 12:30 pm
luxmiyu's Avatar luxmiyu
Hi gang!

Yesterday I've been enjoying an old fashioned Minecraft session with a friend of mine and some things made us wonder. For example... according to the stories Notch never intended for lanterns to appear within Minecraft yet here we are: we got them. Now, sure: this doesn't compare to moving (or 'animating') objects but it did got me to think about how Minecraft has evolved over the years.

We went from a game where you had to make up for your adventures with plenty of fantasy, because basically you didn't really have much to do other than evading (or killing) hostile mobs and trying to gather enough stuff to survive in the wilderness. But now? Villagers have become their own story these days... constantly under threat from the Pillagers and if you happen to kill a pillager patrol and then visit a village then the revenge will be horrible ;)

Of course defeating the pillager invasion will make you the hero of the village, which has its own perks attached to it.

The way I see it there's now actually a bit of an adventure here.

And that got me thinking... We can already store and load structures using structure blocks, they're even expanding on this mechanic with the jigsaw block which is said to allow structures to load individual parts, so why wouldn't they expand this even more?

Leading up to my question: do you think we'll see moving items in Minecraft sometime?

With moving items I'm referring to the option to tell the game to move a block (or a collection of blocks) from point A to point B. So, say you build yourself a car you could then use a command block and tell it to move the car to another position. After that it wouldn't simply teleport but actually move all the blocks to the new position, mimicking driving if you will.

What do you think?

Poll ended 04/21/2019 9:58 am.

ShelLuser
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer