How To Turn Your Player Into An Animal (or any other mob!) Using Command Blocks

Maria_R_98's Avatar Maria_R_985/1/19 3:51 pm history
10 emeralds 24.7k 12
7/11/2019 10:11 pm
AwesomeNinja886's Avatar AwesomeNinja886
With these steps, you'll be able to control any mob of your choosing like using Mob Disguise... but you get to see yourself as the animal! This one has very similar steps to my other thread: How to Make a Fox (or any mob of your choosing) Act Like a Tamed Wolf And Make it Invincible so I just copied and pasted the format :)

Getting Everything Set Up!

Step 1: Spawn/find your mob. Let's just make it a fox for simplicity's sake

Step 2: Name your fox with a name tag. In this case, lets call it Datboi.

Step 3: I personally prefer to make them invincible, so here's the command for that: /effect give @e[name=Datboi,limit=1] resistance 999999 100 true

Step 4: Remove its AI (sorry Datboi). Here's the command: /data merge entity @e[name=Datboi, limit=1] {NoAI:1}
if you mess something up, or the fox has something in its mouth/is in the middle of jumping, just reenter that command and change the 1 to 0 and try again!

Step 5: Make yourself invisible: /effect give (your player name) invisibility 999999 100 true. Perfect.

These next steps are to ensure that when you teleport (you'll know what I mean in a sec) your fox or whatever mob you'd like to be "tamed" to your yourself, y'all won't collide in weird ways or move oddly!

Setting Up Teams

Step 1: Create a team: /team add Shapeshifter

Step 2: Modify the rules of that team. We want to remove collision for whoever is in that team, so we will type in /team modify Shapeshifter collisionRule never we also want to make sure that you won't see your invisible character, so type in: /team modify Shapeshifter seeFriendlyInvisibles false

Step 3: Add your mob and yourself to the team: /team join Shapeshifter (your player name)
/team join Shapeshifter @e[name=Datboi]

Setting Up Your Command Block

You'll need a repeating command block for this one: /give (your player name) repeatingcommandblock 1

Step 1: Place repeating command block and enter this command: /tp @e[name=Datboi] (your player name)

Don't turn it on just yet! To make sure the constant stream of this command doesn't overflow the chat, change the gamerules: /gamerule commandBlockOutput false

You should be able to control a mob of your choosing now! Please comment if it worked for you, and if it didn't I will try to help the best I can!
Maria_R_98
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/01/2019 4:52 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
thedutchlord
Great, I will definitely remember this one.
05/02/2019 4:55 pm
Level 26 : Expert Ninja
AwesomeNinja886
I've tried a similar concept to look like a Villager... It works great, except for some static movement patterns. Instead of staying where you are, Minecraft (at least on my just-short-of-being-a-potato Windows 7 Home Premium PC) has trouble catching up. Do you have a solution for this?
05/02/2019 5:27 pm
Maria_R_98
Hmmm, I'm having trouble understanding what you mean for the second part- do you mean that it lags in catching up to your movements? This will be exacerbated with a laggy computer, but it does happen on mine (a pretty decent laptop).
As for the static movement patterns, this should be fixed by removing the AI on the villager! Just make sure you name it and type: /data merge entity @e[name=villagername] {NoAI:1}
05/27/2019 9:34 am
AwesomeNinja886
What I mean is that the Villager will stay in place for a second and then move toward me really fast every time I move a block. What it looks like when you're walking is that the Villager is walking behind you instead of in the same place as you.
07/11/2019 12:23 pm
Maria_R_98
That might just be lag! For this way of doing it, there's a natural delay in the mob's movement, and it could be exacerbated by any sort of lag- sorry, I don't have a solution for this D:
07/11/2019 10:11 pm
AwesomeNinja886
That's okay.
05/02/2019 2:35 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Explorer
DraggyPigeons
I'm currently working on improving this, I will comment an extension of this soon!
05/02/2019 3:28 pm
Maria_R_98
Can't wait to see it!!
05/02/2019 9:30 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Explorer
DraggyPigeons
If you don't want to have your mob's name visible, do /summon <mob> ~ ~ ~ {Tags:[Datboi]}
and instead of /tp @e[name=Datboi] (your player name) you do /tp @e[tag=Datboi] (your player name).
05/01/2019 6:25 pmhistory
Level 1 : New Crafter
ada322
Tried this, it worked much better than I thought it would! Thanks!

EDIT:
Seems to be a bit buggy with Iron Golem's
05/02/2019 12:24 am
Maria_R_98
What was wrong with the iron golem?
05/01/2019 6:28 pmhistory
Maria_R_98
I'm glad! You're welcome, enjoy your new form lol :D
Planet Minecraft

Website