How do you get the Shaders mod?

Dinohoot8's Avatar Dinohoot84/26/14 5:45 pm
4/27/2014 1:44 am
LittleChaosGaming's Avatar LittleChaosGaming
I've been wondering how to get the shaders mod. I've tried already and it hasn't worked, so that's why I'm asking you guys.
Dinohoot8
Level 4 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/27/2014 1:44 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
LittleChaosGaming
I made a tutorial and a showcase it comes with optifine aswell! Follow this link
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e4LudupJKmc and if it doesn't work leave a comment telling us what won't work and we will help you fix the problem
04/27/2014 1:37 am
Dinohoot8
Guys, I don't think I'm gonna get the shaders mod. It's way to hard for me to understand.
04/27/2014 1:20 am
Level 33 : Artisan Creeper Hugger
Friendly Ghost
You download the forge installer for the right version http://files.minecraftforge.net/ , then run it.
Locate %APPDATA%\.minecraft\mods, and drop the shaders mod in there..
That will create a shaderpacks folder, that you drop your shaders into...

-Me
04/27/2014 12:57 am
Dinohoot8
Is the tutorial for Shaders mod 1.4.2 (1.6.4 in minecraft) still work the same way as in 1.7.2?
04/27/2014 12:41 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Explorer
Pauls777
if you ever want to know somthing, search google and youtube.
04/27/2014 12:38 am
Level 26 : Expert Zombie
Halorules555
Word of advice: Make sure you have a good computer. I have tried using shaders but Minecraft kept crashing. My computer also is a very good one.
04/27/2014 12:28 am
Dinohoot8
Jeffrey7747
Dinohoot8I've been wondering how to get the shaders mod. I've tried already and it hasn't worked, so that's why I'm asking you guys.

To get the shaders mod, you download it. Quite simple, eh?

Now, you are probably interested in how to install it. First, you want to install FORGE. Forge is the thingie that you need in order to run most mods. It depends on what version of minecraft you want to run the shadersmod. You need to find the correct Forge version, and install that one. It has an installer in it, so it shouldn't be hard to install it. Google for it and you will find it somewhere on their official website.

Next, you want to install the shadersmod. I believe that you can find this one in a minecraftforum.net post. Don't download it from another website, since there are some fake downloads out there. The shadersmod is NOT an .exe! Beware! If you have found it, it should be a .jar or .zip, can't remember anymore. Open your .minecraft and you should see a folder "mods" after you installed forge. Simply place your downloaded shadersmod in there, no need for unzipping it (probably, it might be so that you need to get the .jar out of the .zip, but it will be most unlikely).

The final step. You actually want a SHADER. The shadersmod doesn't come with shaders, so you need to find some yourself. 2 good ones are SEUS and Mr. Meepx's shaders. Google for them. I think that SEUS is in the shadersmod minecraftforums.net post.

That should be it! Try to search for something on youtube if it didn't work :p

Dude thanks I'll try this soon!
04/26/2014 5:57 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Crafter
mcblue
I used shaders with my 1gb videocard, I only have 18fps with it.
04/26/2014 6:01 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Artist
Jeffrey7747
Yeah, the shadersmod is a quite resource-demanding mod, take that in your mind. I don't get an FPS above 25 with the shadersmod aswell.
04/26/2014 5:53 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Artist
Jeffrey7747
Dinohoot8I've been wondering how to get the shaders mod. I've tried already and it hasn't worked, so that's why I'm asking you guys.

To get the shaders mod, you download it. Quite simple, eh?

Now, you are probably interested in how to install it. First, you want to install FORGE. Forge is the thingie that you need in order to run most mods. It depends on what version of minecraft you want to run the shadersmod. You need to find the correct Forge version, and install that one. It has an installer in it, so it shouldn't be hard to install it. Google for it and you will find it somewhere on their official website.

Next, you want to install the shadersmod. I believe that you can find this one in a minecraftforum.net post. Don't download it from another website, since there are some fake downloads out there. The shadersmod is NOT an .exe! Beware! If you have found it, it should be a .jar or .zip, can't remember anymore. Open your .minecraft and you should see a folder "mods" after you installed forge. Simply place your downloaded shadersmod in there, no need for unzipping it (probably, it might be so that you need to get the .jar out of the .zip, but it will be most unlikely).

The final step. You actually want a SHADER. The shadersmod doesn't come with shaders, so you need to find some yourself. 2 good ones are SEUS and Mr. Meepx's shaders. Google for them. I think that SEUS is in the shadersmod minecraftforums.net post.

That should be it! Try to search for something on youtube if it didn't work :p
04/26/2014 5:50 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
UTZ
Use this link and launch the installer.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikbfx884wvnaw ... taller.jar (For 1.7.4)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pfqrh9i8iou3u ... taller.jar (For 1.7.5)

Optifine is optional. And you may need to download Shader packs like SEUS or Rudoplays.
04/26/2014 5:49 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Cake
Captaindogfish
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome