I need feedback on a new server idea.

Paistinpannu's Avatar Paistinpannu12/7/19 11:56 am
1/17/2020 5:42 pm
Paistinpannu's Avatar Paistinpannu
Hi everyone,

  I'm thinking of rebooting an old Minecraft server of mine and I had a few ideas in mind for what I should include in it. I'd be really grateful if you could give me some feedback on the ideas which I've thought of.

   The server will be Survival at the very base level, but with a few major changes to the way the world is split up. I was thinking of having five different 'regions', which acted very like countries. Each region would have a 5000x5000 square inside the server, and would have one monarch ruling over it. The region's players would elect 5 'MPs' (very similar to the UK government) to sit with other region's elected players in a sort of assembly, to create server-wide decisions, such as rules.
  When players join the server, they will be automatically assigned / allowed to choose a starter region. They will only be allowed to build and work here. As they progress through levels, and earn more money, the players will be able to apply for passports or citizenship of other countries. They will then be allowed to build and work in the new one.
  The monarch of each region can be overthrown if they are killed by another player. The new player will take over and be able to drastically change the region-specific rules.
  Each region or country will have a specific theme, where the players work for that category to export products, perform services etc. to earn money for themselves. They could pay income tax on everything they earn to the government, which will allow the country to expand their territory into the 'wasteland' (the area of the server outside the 10000x10000 border of the regions), or invade other countries and declare war on them to conquer their land. The regions will be able to create embassies in other countries to provide support for stranded players, and to develop relationships between different regions.
  Every month, the top X members in each region will be rewarded and the country will grow stronger. There will be multiple categories for each country's power, such as total combined player Vault balance, or percentage of blocks claimed.

  Thank you so much for reading through my short list of ideas. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could give me feedback on what you think of these ideas, and anything else that you think I could do to improve them.

  I'm looking forward to hearing your responses,
  Ochi.
Paistinpannu
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/10/2020 3:47 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Mage
Arkaliasus
Maybe you should add in quests for the higher levelled players where they have to go and assassinate certain people from the other zones? lol

or just quests :P
01/17/2020 5:42 pm
Paistinpannu
Oh yeah, that's a really good idea. Possibly like quests to assassinate the monarchs? Eh I'll have a think about it but I'll definitely add the idea! Thanks :)
12/14/2019 6:27 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster uwu
Eclipse
Sounds like a really cool idea.
01/10/2020 12:40 pm
Paistinpannu
Thank you! :D
12/14/2019 5:46 pm
SodaBuzz
I really like this idea, if it happens though there should be an option for non pvpers (me lol), should something like a war happen.
01/10/2020 12:39 pm
Paistinpannu
Thank you! Development has just started so I'll defo add your idea! :)
12/11/2019 6:30 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Mage
deadbender
This reminds me a lot of SMP Earth, but still a very cool idea! Although I don't see this as a public server, maybe a smaller private server similar to the SMP Earth server, but with this same premise. Maybe also once someone is overthrown, a new player is whitelisted to fill their place, and the land is split between the victor and the new player, until there's only a super small # of players.
12/12/2019 12:00 pm
Paistinpannu
I didn't actually think of that before, but thank you so much for your idea! I'll definitely consider the private server + whitelisting idea, it could be more fun that way for a smaller group of people.
12/11/2019 4:39 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
Born_0f_Fire
I like the idea, however, I am not a pvp player. Maybe an interesting addition might be a 5th island in the middle, where countries can control a beacon that provides double resources mined, or unbreakable tools, etc.
12/12/2019 11:56 am
Paistinpannu
I actually think that's a really good idea! We'll definitely take that on board. Thank you so much :)
12/07/2019 12:39 pm
Level 24 : Expert Princess
MissC-YT
I think It sounds cool, I would play but I don't know how many people would in intrested
12/07/2019 1:01 pm
Paistinpannu
Thank you :D
12/11/2019 7:36 pm
Level 24 : Expert Princess
MissC-YT
Out of curiosity what type of plugins would you add to this??
12/12/2019 11:55 am
Paistinpannu
Probably just regular plugins that would be found on a Survival SMP, but with a custom coded plugin for the region / country management and stuff
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome