Is minecraft still fun playing?

Gaming_100's Avatar Gaming_1009/14/18 11:53 am
8 emeralds 2.7k 31
9/16/2018 5:57 pm
Jane15818's Avatar Jane15818
Hey, I'm just asking the community here. What do you guys think about minecraft? Is it still fun to play? I feel like it's dropping off in popularity. I don't know.

Poll ended 09/17/2018 11:53 am.

Gaming_100
Level 25 : Expert Narwhal

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/16/2018 5:57 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Jane15818
I still enjoy it!
09/16/2018 1:07 pmhistory
Level 1 : New Explorer
MysticEscalus
Considering that I along with basically everyone I knew who played Minecraft a couple of years ago left the Minecraft scene without any intent to return, I thought Minecraft was dead and done. But here I am, back playing and attempting to get myself involved, once more in the MC Community. I think, like all games, MC goes through stages of popularity, similar to Fortnite and ROBLOX, but being more or less the main game that kicked off the YouTube Gaming platform, people will always feel inclined to come back and play it.
09/16/2018 1:24 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Mage
Xenku
1.13 has made the game more popular then it has been in a long time, with a surge of new players. Even if we lost 500,000-700,000 monthly players that wouldn't even be a dent in the overall amount via all platforms. It's certainly taken a backseat on youtube to other things like you've mentioned but I think that that's partly due to the inflation of videos being uploaded daily to youtube. Something that was aided by how popular and trending minecraft was on YT at one point. They defiantly helped to boost each others spotlight time. But I find there are more new players joining these days then ever before <3
09/16/2018 6:44 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Architect
TheWaterGamer
Like any other game (especially those games that once were popular and trending), gets boring after years playing it. And when you see that popularity decreases, the game gets even more boring. New versions and futures are boring and useless, there are no gameplay changes, it's all new decoration blocks, mobs that aren't that important for the gameplay and things like that. If they made new things for the gameplay, sure that there'll be more players playing and some will come back.
09/16/2018 4:41 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
Engalengamer
Minecraft will always be fun playing when you know what to do! :D
09/16/2018 2:49 am
Level 25 : Expert Robot
neppton
It sure is a wonderful experience. Lots of downfalls and triumphs. Sometimes our builds are destroyed by creepers, but we get back up to rebuild again, and again. And again. And again. Perseverance is a determining factor when it comes to an indefinite and superfluous fun playthrough experience. All in all, while the everlasting longevity of Minecraft's success continues to expand the community, I will forever remain loyal towards this game. It surely is a wonderful experience, and I am grateful to share this experience with others around the world.
09/15/2018 9:34 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
Makaneek
once a game gets this popular, Haters say it's dying, then they wise up.
09/15/2018 1:06 pm
Level 42 : Master Taco
spychicken123
once fortnite is dead it'll become a lot more popular
09/15/2018 8:22 am
Level 1 : New Network
Galactic_Games
Minecraft isnt dying at all. I think multiplayer just is.

But even if that statement above is so, Mutliplayer will come back alive within a year, as players will get bored of Singleplayer.
09/15/2018 1:18 am
Level 49 : Master Enderdragon
The FaiyaBLAST
big servers are dead, but singleplayer and small servers are not. In addition, Update Aquatic should have brought back many players and given the game a revive for now.
09/14/2018 11:22 pm
Level 82 : Elite Architect
Ray_Savage
Don't really play it now, use it mostly for projects and making machinimas.
09/14/2018 9:14 pm
Level 25 : Expert Engineer
Vepii
I have left mc a few times but always find myself coming back to this game. It might be due to the fact that it's one of the only games that work on my linux. Now I do believe that mc is dying; yes more people returned to play the 1.13 update but it has lost lots of its players. The loss is just due to people moving on the different games or do not want to be associated with the bad things that minecraft players/youtubers have done and just youtubers who stopped playing minecraft now playing another game, possibly influencing the viewer.
09/14/2018 5:06 pm
Level 49 : Master Narwhal
Spygron
Minecraft is not dying! some games are just played...more. Minecraft isn't the most played, but it's definitely the BEST OF THEM ALL
09/14/2018 11:24 pm
Ray_Savage
Like fortnite. It seems like a new indirect competitor.
09/15/2018 8:24 am
Galactic_Games
Yeah, thats true. More people getting Victory Royales = Less people playing minecraft

Lets see if Minecraft is that dead after the Fortnite 'Rush' is over.
09/14/2018 4:36 pm
Chicken negget
Minecraft is coming back 2019!
09/14/2018 4:06 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Pixel Painter
ChorusCraft
In my opinion, Minecraft is not a dying game. There are over 100 million players playing the game and they possibly think that this game is very fun to play. Also, Minecraft is a game where you can create anything within your imagination, and as well, there so many possibilities like making minigames with command blocks, or just playing gamemodes like Spleef, PVP, etc, and these are what keeps Minecraft a fun game. That's all I have to say about this.
09/15/2018 8:25 am
Galactic_Games
I agree. I think just Multiplayer is dying, or atleast PUBLIC multiplayer. Microsoft said they got like an outrageous amount of people buying after the 1.12 update, but it seems like Multiplayer hasnt really changed a lot.

I think people are more intersted in Singleplayer at the moment, probably because of mods, adventure maps, and just building/
09/14/2018 3:55 pm
Level 25 : Expert Narwhal
Gaming_100
Thanks for all the detailed responses guys! This is what PMC is for. :)
09/14/2018 3:25 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
TobyTapper
Is minecraft dying? I don't know. I'm going to walmart to check out their 10.00 creeper dolls.
09/14/2018 3:14 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Skinner
Thqnder
I mainly just make skins. But sometimes, I play Pixelmon. Other times I just make houses.
09/15/2018 9:39 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
Makaneek
R.I.P. pixelmon, you will be missed
09/15/2018 10:23 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Skinner
Thqnder
Look up Pixelmon Reforged. You'll like what you'll find.
09/14/2018 10:20 pm
Level 27 : Expert Pixel Puncher
ChangedRaptor76
Yay Pixelmon
09/14/2018 2:41 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
Well... Is general interest for the game decreasing? You betcha. There are plenty of statistics you can check but I believe the best way to see for yourself is to see what happens on servers. I normally play on one server only (helps me to focus) but recently shifted my attention to another server (long offtopic story).

But what do you think these servers had in common? Other than being Minecraft servers they both suffered from their player population decreasing. I've seen it happening with the server I frequented. Now, sure, I play on US servers and I'm from the Netherlands so sometimes I go online when not too many others are playing. I obviously don't take those situations into account because that can always happen. Another important aspect is time periods and seasons: during vacations you'll attract more players than during regular weeks.

But even so I've seen a steady decline in the amount of players. And I've also read stories about the new server I'm going to play on that they used to have many more players as well.

Minecraft is on a decline which has been happening for years already. Sure older players may get bored and newer players will still come (which I think is really fun) but if you compare total player amounts you will see that it's dropping.

As for me... I started playing in 2014 and I'm still playing today. And you're right about one thing: 1.13 definitely spiced a few things up for me. I was already quite interested in commands and command blocks but now that we have datapacks which allow you to move this stuff quickly around between worlds and servers... that really makes things much more accessible than ever before.

So for me personally I say "Minecraft forever!". But I still voted that it is dying (though I prefer the word "declining") because that is what's happening. Slowly, but steadily.
09/14/2018 12:31 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
Noibat
i personally still enjoying playing mc.
whether it's dying or not, i don't know.. maybe not dying, but not as popular in "media" terms as it used to be.
09/14/2018 12:29 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
DravenStyrkr
I think its still growing, old players are coming back and i think thats awesome
09/14/2018 11:23 pm
Ray_Savage
Really? Old players coming back? That's good really! I hope they keep coming.
09/15/2018 8:23 am
Galactic_Games
Yep! I recently (a month ago) came back from a year long break. I originally intended to quit forever.
09/14/2018 12:21 pm
Level 22 : Expert Explorer
ShastaGaming16
Minecraft isn't dying... Popularity on that game went up when 1.12-1.13 updates came along. Before Microsoft bought Mojang, the game had a small amount of life in the game, oceans were LITERALLY empty surfaces(except for occasional Ocean Temples). 1.13 brought life to the oceans, it has kelp forests, coral reefs, shipwrecks, icebergs, fish that you can manually scoop up(you can make accurate aquariums), turtles and dolphins that roam throughout the ocean, underwater ruins with loot in them.

Ever since 1.13 came out, all my Minecraft friends were roaming the oceans gathering loot and making beautiful structures that don't have air pockets dotting the area. It isn't dying, it's growing.
09/14/2018 12:02 pm
Level 24 : Expert Procrastinator
faust1973
i feel like "dying" is a pretty strong word for it? it might not be The Big Thing in the media anymore but it's still a major property and still has a lot of people playing it, i wouldn't call that "dying"
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome