It's time to stop the elitism

BlazeDrake's Avatar BlazeDrake7/29/20 4:54 pm
11/17/2020 8:11 pm
TravisaInc's Avatar TravisaInc
In most minecraft discussion areas, I've seen a lot of people who seem to think that bedrock is infinitely inferior to java & call it straight up garbage or similar things. I think it's time for the java community to stop doing that, as all it does is drive apart the 2 different versions, even though it's the same game. Sure, say what you prefer about java edition, but don't call bedrock bad or trash or things like that, it only starts flamewars
BlazeDrake
Level 12 : Journeyman Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/17/2020 8:11 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Batman
TravisaInc
bedrock is trash
09/01/2020 12:39 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Zabooka_Minecrafteer
Just cause some people do it, doesn't justify saying the whole broader community has to do something.

Most java people don't do that. So really, more accurately it should be said, people who do that, they have an issue and the vast majority that don't they got nothing to do with it.

In terms of driving apart the 2 different versions. They are already two separate versions, nothing anyone else can drive them apart. At the same time, the only people with power over them is Mojang owned by Microsoft.

Flamewars??? It only bothers those that pay attention to it. That's my opinion. I have a YouTube channel and a Discord channel for my realm. I don't see any flamewars going on. if anyone says any such silly statements, I just ignore them or call them out for being silly. But I don't have to. If someone wants to say silly things, its a free internet.
09/01/2020 12:34 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Pig
DraconicPiggy
I just bought bedrock edition to try it out, there are definitely some major differences between the 2 versions, but you have to remember what the 2 versions are meant for. Java version is for PC users only. So the mobs can be tougher, pvp can be more dynamic and it won't affect anybody. Bedrock edition has to be cross compatible so they have to make many changes to the game, you also have to remember that the 2 different platforms are coded in 2 completely different languages, java being, well java and bedrock being C++. When your trying to make a cross device platform game there are going to have to be some compromises. How fair would it really be if your on your phone but your pc bedrock playing buddy could hotkey and w tap etc? They have to balance everything as much as possible and pc users are going to feel it.

Now for my personal opinion. Pc users should stick to java edition but bedrock is not a bad version of the game either. I guess if you want cross compatibility and stuff you can use bedrock.
09/01/2020 12:26 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
changed_later
i think both are equal even tho i play more java
08/12/2020 7:32 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
AGTRigorMortis
As I said before if Notch had made Minecraft in C++ from the start this could have been avoided.
I'm not an expert but even I can see that optimization matters.
and when compared on the same computer it has been shown time and time again that bedrock edition is faster.

Plus when ran on a PC at the recommended system specs, it should just work.
We shouldn't have to overkill on our specs just to run a game the way it is supposed to.
Maybe if you're factoring in things like antimalware, media player and web browsers in the background then overkilling on the RAM and CPU slightly would make sense, but otherwise it's simply unacceptable if Java is lagging on a computer with an i3 or i5 CPU past gen 3.
08/12/2020 8:44 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Waffle
Weaseled
I agree in concept, but my computer is absolutely trash and like 10 years old yet I can still run java quite cleanly. Sure, when I run bedrock its slightly smoother, but its not that big of a difference especially with optifine or lunar or badlion client.
08/10/2020 10:12 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Technomancer
stiw91
Yeah, the whole Minecraft community is pretty elitist at times, with how long they have had it, how many hours they have, what they have built/done, and even calling a completely unrelated game complete garbage just because it became more popular for a bit. The only thing it does is make the community more toxic.
I have great respect for both Java and Bedrock: Java introduced me to this game and this community and is my preferred version; Bedrock is the one I've used to play with my friends allowing us to make memories which not possible on Java and is the version that introduced me to Redstone, my favorite mechanic, that I continue to love on Java.
08/10/2020 9:46 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Witch
wolke
I think that this kind of elitism stems mostly from a loud minority. Both versions are good in their own right. Both have pros and cons and both deserve to exist. The bedrock version is clearly far more polished than java will ever be. Still the jankiness of java allows for some behaviour that may be preferable.
08/10/2020 9:35 am
Level 41 : Master Nerd
Ang333
This does need to stop. I personally have played both, but enjoy bedrock more. Bedrock is better on the building and that stuff part, and java is better on the mods and on the technical part.
08/09/2020 9:37 am
Level 1 : New Miner
EMPErrorMar
I don't see a /attributes for bedrock yet, so..
If Java manages to get around the mono-threadding issue that's lagging the game so much, it will become truly the leading version.
Otherwise, being able to make water-logged redstone and move block entities is nice (bedrock), but it ain't no meta-connected redstone, that's for sure.
08/10/2020 9:28 am
BlazeDrake
Both definitely have pros and cons, and bedrock definitely needs improvement on the technical side
08/09/2020 9:26 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Scribe
Herolden
Might be a lil late to this. But I've noticed that Bedrock runs a lil smoother on low-end PCs. I have a separate account on an Xbox that aged pretty well for it's time, I've only spotted only a few noticeable bugs playing casually.

Flamewars are just unnecessary problems we as a community create when it comes to varying skill level and playtime.
07/30/2020 11:51 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
gayvector
vector
08/09/2020 9:40 am
EMPErrorMar
meet raycasting.
07/30/2020 11:47 am
Level 45 : Master Architect
AkaiPetal
we must create Java Edition Supremacy Party
08/09/2020 9:40 am
EMPErrorMar
no.
07/30/2020 8:22 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Mage
NoahTheMage
Bedrock edition has by far received less attention than it's Java counterpart. However, this doesn't mean it isn't without it's own strengths, or drawbacks for that matter. Personally, I love the good ol' nostalgia jab I get whenever I hear it: Minecraft was my first console game and I've loved it to death ever since!

People shouldn't judge others on the console they play on. A game's a game, and that's what matters, no unfair judgement :c.
07/29/2020 11:21 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Modder
Geforce
They are the same game "in name only" so to speak. They are both called "Minecraft", but both versions each have their own long lists of benefits and drawbacks when compared with each other. Being perfectly honest, the same things that you said about the people who like Java Edition more can be said about some members of Bedrock Edition's community. They think that Java is "trash" because of the much better performance, world generation, and cross-play features that Bedrock has. They are two separate versions of the game, and everyone is going to have their own opinion about both.

I'm a modder, so I prefer Java and don't particularly like Bedrock because of the lack of customization it has. However, I am 100% against people insulting others simply because of what version they personally like to play on. Don't worry about what other people say about the version you use, play whichever you enjoy the most! :)
08/09/2020 10:15 am
Level 28 : Expert Electrician
Rami-slicer
I definitely agree. Honestly I'm very glad Bedrock Edition exists because I'm pretty sure if it didn't exist all the micro transactions and weird Microsoft stuff would end up in Java edition.
07/30/2020 10:57 am
BlazeDrake
True, but bedrock elitists are rarer than java elitists
08/09/2020 9:43 am
EMPErrorMar
Hey, remember when the Orthodox_Christians and the Catholics got themselves visciously sxismated, for lack of better wording?
Same thing's happenning here. Don't let it happen.
Play safe, don't get Aww, man-ed by creepers, and beat the ender Dragon, people.
07/30/2020 11:14 am
Weaseled
Yes, I would agree, but I do think they exist.

In my opinion, java vs bedrock conversations should be banned.
07/29/2020 11:00 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
garlicbreathinator
Bedrock edition by its very nature has more bugs and fewer features than Java Edition, as well as a smaller server community (Hypixel has higher player counts than all sponsored servers combined). The statement that Java Edition is a better game is an objective fact. It also has more available community content and that is also an uncontestable fact. You can not claim that Java with its custom dimensions, custom items, block states, datapacks, attack cooldowns, and legacy support is the same game as Bedrock's addons and microtransaction store.
08/09/2020 9:38 am
EMPErrorMar
Microtransactions cuck, and that's a sad fact.
Plus Java has carpet mod.
07/29/2020 9:03 pm
Weaseled
Yes, I agree. Everyone has a different opinion, and you should respect other people's. Your opinion isn't the truth, no ones is. Sure, I like java better, but bedrock is still good.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome