Just needing some inspo

mofutans's Avatar mofutans4/15/19 4:52 pm
4/18/2019 8:43 pm
FrozenToast's Avatar FrozenToast
howdy gamers. idk where this fits so i'm slapping it here, mods i'm really sorry if this ain't right, i almost never. post in the forums here.

i'm playing on a modded 1.12.2 survival singleplayer game, and my spawn is a funky shaped island, with a couple other biomes a boat ride away (ideal for survival).
i'm gonna build my base and stuff In creative first, because that's how i personally roll, but anyways. not sure what i can add to make it aesthetically pretty, but also maybe kind of efficient (latter is Not a requirement honestly).

so far the ideas i have are:
- little cottage
- light house PERHAPS
- at least two docks
- a small garden

currently i'm adding onto the island just to make it a bit bigger so that i can eventually fit a little farm or something. scouring the youtube and minecraft/minecraft build/inspo tags on tumblr didn't help really.

this isn't necessarily important, i just don't want to get worked up thinking of ideas instead of actually playing the game. further, i'd also just like a distraction from the current news honestly. (if you live in france/are a native french person, i am so incredibly sorry and heartbroken over what has happened)

happy gaming, crafters
mofutans
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/16/2019 8:55 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
TheBazzterd
A little market
A animal shelter/barn
Maybe some sort of stadium/dome.
A boat for your docks.
04/17/2019 4:05 pm
mofutans
animal shelter would be really cool! but i think the island might be a little too small for a stadium/or dome and market... unless i expand on it, but that'll take a ton of time. ill deffo add some boats to my docks though! thank u for the ideas and replying man!!
04/15/2019 8:38 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
stardustshowers
Mmmm. Maybe try adding some houses along the dock; making a peer town? Could add some NPCs to really make it come alive, as well as create trading opportunities for yourself as you survive.

Could make a forge/mineshaft.

I personally think adding villages around you to explore makes for a more fun survival experience. It makes the world come alive as you build your resources and all.
04/17/2019 4:08 pm
mofutans
i think the island may be a wee bit small for that... adding onto would take a lot of time, and i don't have that world editing mod (my game really cooks with the few mods i do have)

forge/mineshaft is a really good idea... something that's cleverly hidden, goes deep underground... that'd be really cool.

thanks for replying and the ideas!
04/15/2019 8:20 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Artist
u_okeii_fam
This is just my personal idea, but you could try making something ancient chinese/japanese based. like an ancient temple/house :) i find them really fun to build and making curved rooves are awesome XD but then again, your choice on what to build
04/17/2019 4:09 pm
mofutans
this past semester i've been really into ancient japanese culture (mainly heian stuff), so maybe adding a temple could be really cool (maybe a little out of place, but definitely something i can try on one of the main lands nearby)

neat idea man, thanks for replying!!
04/15/2019 6:30 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Birb
FrozenToast
Here is a full list of medieval-style professions you can browse to think of builds to add. It sometimes helps me when I can't think aesthetically, or "visual/image" searches are turning up dry.
04/17/2019 4:11 pm
mofutans
buddy you have played directly into both my major and my special interest. i LOVE me some medieval stuff. thank you so much for the link! i'll check it out
04/18/2019 8:43 pmhistory
Level 9 : Apprentice Birb
FrozenToast
Glad I could help! To be honest, I stole that link from the youtuber fWhip. He turned me onto that exact chart!
04/15/2019 5:45 pm
Level 26 : Expert Nerd
newt__
You could try making the island into a small village or settlement, if that fits with it? Or you could try a hotel on the island, like a mini resort?
04/17/2019 4:12 pm
mofutans
a small village Could work... expanding on the island is tedious (if only because i'm a perfectionist, so i also have to edit the dirts far underwater too), but i might have to do it anyways. even if its not truly "village," having a few houses/shacks might make the place more lively...

thanks for the idea, and for replying!!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome