Let's Talk About Minecraft YouTubers

Chirro's Avatar Chirro12/4/17 9:32 pm
2 emeralds 282 4
12/10/2017 12:57 pm
Jetra's Avatar Jetra
Before you comment anything, I understand that:

- This topic is nothing new.
- I'm sure many, many, many, many, many, MANY people have covered this topic before.

Call me a hipster, but I preferred the Minecraft YouTuber peak back in '13-'14.

I'm not saying all Minecraft YouTubers are bad nowadays. There are high-quality PVP tutorials, skits, map reviews, etc., and that's great and all. However, there's also cheating/hacking tutorials, free mod-status videos, and other stuff.

Listen, you can watch what you wanna watch. Your opinion is your opinion.

I'm just saying that, in my opinion, years ago, back when YouTubers such as SkyDoesMinecraft or TheDiamondMinecart were in their prime, was the best era of Minecraft YouTubing.

Leave your opinions down below. I'm curious as to which era of MCYT you prefer.
Chirro
Level 2 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/10/2017 12:57 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Scribe
Jetra
I think it's better now than it was then because of the amount of diverse content there is other than "here's a let's play of us screaming scared."

There was nothing worse than the spam of "MY FIRST NIGHT" but then again all these "LOOK AT MY BEDWARS" isn't great either. I hated Sky, Dan was cool and still is. At heart I was and am again a YogsFan because it's a nice balance of stupid and serious.

I miss vanilla LPs, people got creative. Now it's just "hey, we're playing this minigame over and over and over and over. Did I mention more of this minigame?" Hunger games were dumb and still are. I'd much rather watch PUBG because that's what the game is designed for.

There are two things I expect from Minecraft: Mining and Crafting. PvP is just a pillow fight with all the god apples and pots being tossed around. The game should be an environment of creativity, why would you play something that you could find in another game and probably even better? If I want to play an FPS, I have Borderlands. If I wanted an MMO, Guild Wars 2 is waiting for me.

Then again....I do want some extra crops for the game...
12/06/2017 7:30 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Nerd
6_28
The amount of cringy 7 years olds doing Minecraft videos on YouTube is atrocious. All the good MC YouTubers that I used to watch had to go from a funny, sarcastic style with mild language to full on preschool level because their demographics changed. I just fell in love with the technical side of MC on YouTube (Spigot API and modding tutorials).
12/04/2017 10:46 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
I preferred it too, but to be honest I just enjoyed it more back then. It's not that it was higher quality or anything, just that my tastes have changed. Overall, I really just lost interest in MC YouTubers, Currently I'm only subscribed to Grian, and I don't even watch him. But, back about two years ago, I was only subscribed to MC channels. Tastes change.
12/04/2017 9:39 pm
Level 26 : Expert Geek
xXGothicXx
I agree!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome