Lets all team up and never let a hacker on

nidoranz's Avatar nidoranz12/12/17 5:01 am
12/23/2017 8:06 am
Govindas's Avatar Govindas
Hey, Everyone, Do you think i should make a plugin with a anticheat that bans all hacks on the server that have my plugin.Should i make it?
nidoranz
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/23/2017 7:44 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
No plugin can automate that which a sane (and fair!) staff team can accomplish.

Staff (so: actual humans) are much better to judge if someone is breaking the rules than any automation. In my opinion the best anti cheat options to use are the default options provided in Spigot. The rest should be handled by staff and optionally your userbase by giving them a way to report other players.

I've come across many plugins which also provided anti-cheat options (I believe GriefPrevention also has such options) and the first thing I do is turn the whole lot off. Because most of the time you'll only get collateral damage.
12/23/2017 8:06 amhistory
Level 24 : Expert Prince
Govindas
anticheat can do some things better than staff, for example, my anticheat detects NoFall hack used in an area where you don't take fall damage anyway, gets a hacker banned before he/she uses it in an area where it would give an unfair advantage.(some hacked clients have nofall enabled by default) It depends on how anticheat is made, if it's made focused on making zero damage to non-hacking players and only does something when it's very sure that person is doing something what normal player would never be able to then it will not disturb.

humans without special plugin provided information cannot see what packets players send, so they will always notice hacker later than robot who checks packets would, unless it's a hack where packets do not help much
12/13/2017 9:41 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Pokemon
JediJerboa
I'm sorry, this is just how I respond to things:
12/12/2017 11:19 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Network
Nightshade73
Use Spartan.
12/12/2017 10:29 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
I'll say no on this one. Mainly because as a builder who has a habit of clicking faster than most users. If there's an anti-cheat on the server, it usually kicks me, telling me to "Slow down".

And on-top of my not-very-good Internet connection, even when I place two or three blocks at a slow tempo. I'll be kicked. Getting banned however. Well that would be a dumb reason, and most players would leave the server with that plugin since they know that if they place a block too fast, they'll be banned.
12/13/2017 12:16 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
One of the worst things I've seen with servers - the ones that have anticheat that murders anyone with a bit of lag or anyone who builds certain clusters of blocks quickly.

Without an idea of the actual way the OP intends to try and "ban all hacks", all I see really coming from it is this scenario or a scenario where it really doesn't do anything more than current anticheat plugins.
12/12/2017 8:54 amhistory
Level 24 : Expert Prince
Govindas
I voted no, because there's currently no way of making such plugin which would detect all hacks, so this poll is complete joke. I have been working on my own anticheat for few years and I know that it's much more complicated than that.
12/12/2017 8:31 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Depends. If it resembles "Anticheat" the jumpy, oversensitive plugin that's been a stupid piece of the community for years unless they recently fixed it, then no. If it resembles NoCheatPlus, maybe - but then, why not just use NoCheatPlus?

'bans all hacks' is a tall order and far from easily accomplished.
12/12/2017 5:22 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Necromancer
Noctris
12/12/2017 5:06 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Nathans212
Hackers are going to vote no xDDD
12/12/2017 5:14 am
Level 1 : New Miner
nidoranz
true tho..... :/
Planet Minecraft