Like or Hate SkyDoesMinecraft? And Why?

3skandar's Avatar 3skandar8/13/13 7:14 am
1 emeralds 8.1k 242
6/17/2014 3:47 pm
ASF's Avatar ASF
First of all I wan't to say congratulation to SkyDoesMinecraft after reaching 5 Millions Subscriber!

Check out my video about some 9 years old Recruits

Ok.... I think it's so stupid and pointless to call butter. If you don't know it comes from Skydoesminecraft's youtu be channel whose audience is predominantly kids ages 12 and down who think it is absolutely hilarious and cool to call gold budder and butter. Now i wouldn't be annoyed with it if they just said butter when they found gold, but no, it's every second around his fanbase. Just my opinion, hoping others feel the same way.

One day I was one my server, some 5 year olds came on it and destroyed my squid lake screaming “sky says squids are demons" and replacing my signs that say gold to butter. And I really hate how he has a gaming channel not just for minecraft but everything! God he gets on my nerves
We are not meant to be an anti - sky army
As with Herobrine, Mojang are trying to do (and have tried) to do things about stopping Herobrine getting over the top. Get over it. When things are taken too far, do your thing, but don't take it out on the mods. Unless if they have gone mad too. Personally I like sky's videos, but I don't consider myself a recruit. It would just lower my reputation, as I don't want to be seen as a butter fanatic (Which I am not, I do not even mind squids). But these people are actually standing up for what they believe in, and that's what makes the world interesting. SO downvote lurkers. If you don't like the Youtube as a whole, Ignore it. Thank you for your time.

It's not sky that is the problem here. It's his wannabe 10 yr old fans. I personally have nothing against sky, or his videos, or his work in any way. I don't watch it stuff, but that doesn't mean I don't like it or hate it. But his fans are just absolutely stupid. I can't go on a server without some kid spamming "buying budder" or something like that.
I don't know why these players take this stuff so seriously. It's just a video maker...calm down. You don't have to base your life around him and start calling the items he calls in game into real life. Just play the game. It's mean to be fun. You don't need to make a religion around it, either with or against it.
But overall, trolls will be trolls. You really can't expect people on the internet to be nice. For the people who can remain anonymous on the internet, and still do good for the community, I salute you. You are the people that make the world worth living in. Then there are the other people...

Nothing makes me feel worst scrolling through youtube than seeing yet another post about how an 8 year old Sky Army fan went and destroyed your squid farm or stole your gold. I'm sure even my other mods at youtube agree. I make this post to apologise for my fellow "recruits" actions. I know this won't get your squid farm back, or re-mine all of that gold, but I want all of you to know that there are mature recruits. I also want you all to know that Adam (Sky's real name) is trying to make a stop to this. He has already posted things on facebook, and me and the other mods are attempting to get a hold of him and explain what is going on, if he doesn't know already. He has said that it severely pisses him off with all of the young viewers taking it way too far. I would imagine his next step will be to make a video telling all of the younger recruits to SHUT UP. So again, I apologise for your lost squid farm, gold, and the harrassment of not calling gold "butter", and I hope you will forgive us. Well, most of us.

SO WHY?
3skandar
Level 10 : Journeyman Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/17/2014 3:41 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon
The_Big_Dish
I don't watch him so I don't know anything about him really. I don't see any obsessive fans either, I find it more funny how angry people get over the budder thing.
06/17/2014 3:31 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
planetminecrafter52342
I don't care much for any youtuber, and youtube in itself (I don't like google ). I've seen some of his parodies,
06/17/2014 3:16 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Archer
levi8george
Holy necro o.o
06/17/2014 3:47 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
You did a fine job reporting it (not really).
06/17/2014 3:14 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Goy288
I like sky.
He's funny.
11/08/2013 3:36 pm
Level 28 : Expert Pixel Painter
m4rtymiln3r
I dont mind him, but just the whole "BUDDER" thing, gets on my nerves :I
11/08/2013 5:10 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dwarf
spires33
agreed
11/08/2013 3:32 pm
Tristin987
Too childish. It's and it's GOLD not "Budder". Good day to you sir.

-Tristin987
11/08/2013 8:47 am
Level 20 : Expert Ninja
Jochmen
All I know is that there's Skythekid from Bumbum007's Rune Factor show. He got his ass kicked by a bear, like, three times in a row.

[yt]wEqqUlchZ7U[/yt]

I mean, I've not been bothered with him since and I see no reason ever to be.
11/08/2013 3:59 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Guard
ST_RD_ST
I don't wanna talk about drugs here but "budder" is the concentrated form of one of the main chemicals in "marijuana". It's not to be confused with butter.
11/07/2013 3:15 pm
Level 48 : Master Artist
janidorr
As long as he makes people happy, I'm fine with it. Those special followers of his will outgrow the his mentality eventually.
11/07/2013 3:11 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Dragon
stangame
i growed up with gold. so i hate budder! i hate sky. and all he's fans are noobs from 8 years old. and they even believe squids can attack you!
11/07/2013 2:32 pm
Level 1 : New Technomancer
mpmumau
Hate to be negative, but I can't stand the kid personally, lol. Maybe it's just the huge age gap, but I don't find his brand of humor funny at all. It's just childish and stupid. But then again, the subs. Obviously it's working out for him, so who am I to judge. If he keeps the 9-year-olds content, then kudos to him.
11/07/2013 12:27 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Dragonborn
SwooceRoDah
Sky can be funny at times, but his fanbase is just awful
11/07/2013 11:58 am
Level 33 : Artisan Nerd
Lokirlz
I like his videos, I mean they're not the best with all the cursing, but they're ok. The problem is his fans. They go on other people's YouTube videos and comment garbage about budder.
11/07/2013 11:56 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
TehWelshGamer
I liek skydoesmc becuz he likes budder
11/07/2013 11:06 am
Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Anxiety Opossum
I like sky's videos. He makes me laugh a lot, and that's great. It's not him that's the problem. It's his fanbase. They will get very angry at people who will call gold gold, and when they do, they spam the chat yelling stuf like: "IT'S NOT GOLD, IT'S BUDDER!!!1!!!" and this gets very irritating. What's even more irritating is that still do that after sky actually mutes audio in his video for a minute, so he can make an announcement that they're getting over the top, and he never wanted anyone to spam people because of it. Also, he states that it's not "budder" it just butter.
11/07/2013 10:59 am
spires33
PeachyG1rli love sky, but sometimes i think he goes over the top a little bit. i don't really like half of his fanbase. one quarter is ok, one half is immature 10 year olds, and one quarter is people that aren't fuckin' obsessed with the word "budder". i hate to say it, but i have to admit it, i was once one of them.

see anti sky is trying to save people!
11/07/2013 12:44 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Taco
Thawne
I like watching him because he makes me laugh and his videos make my day. But the butter thing is getting a bit too over the top. (Ok, probably DEFIENTLY over the top) but in one of his episodes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7mD4VBAHSE), he says not to say on other people's channels to correct them that gold is "butter/budder".

But really, gold ingots do look like butter.

But I am not really a sky fan, but I guess sky fans call gold "butter/budder" because sky says it and that gold ingots look like butter.

I don't like sky's fan base though, it's really annoying. Even if sky says to not correct on other people's channels that it's butter/budder and not "gold". They will still do it anyway.

And I agree with you 3skandar. If this was a blog besides on the forums, I am gonna fave and diamond. Or even comment this comment you are reading right now!
11/07/2013 12:12 am
Level 24 : Expert Taco
PeachyG1rl
i love sky, but sometimes i think he goes over the top a little bit. i don't really like half of his fanbase. one quarter is ok, one half is immature 10 year olds, and one quarter is people that aren't obsessed with the word "budder". i hate to say it, but i have to admit it, i was once one of them.
11/06/2013 11:47 pm
spires33
only reason i dont watch is is cuz of his worshipers
10/15/2013 12:25 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Botanist
RandomMcSomethin
At the part with the lololololololololololololololololololollollololololololololols, my mind was blown. It's just too funny! Especially the high-pitched voices! Even I know that those weren't real 9-year-olds! It was just someone playing their voice faster! That's sooo funny! He's all like "what's budder?" And stuff! He didn't even say budder, he said butter! And what's with the hating squids thing?

Sky=
Fans=
10/15/2013 11:28 am
Little_Angel_
First off... not all of his fans are 12 and under o_O because I'm not 12 or under. I am above the age 13. I understand where you're coming from, with your points and how on server, and it's not Sky's server that people will be like "OMG BUTTER!" "BUDDEEEERRR!" "Ew I just saw a squid -.-" and many many more. I too find that.... annoying, I love Skydoesminecraft but I don't care for a lot of his fans, I think it's rude when they correct someone calling it Gold and say "NUUU IT'S BUDDER!" or something around that. I don't always call gold 'budder' but I do ocasionally (sp?) and when I do it's only to be fun, I NEVER freak out about squids, I never really liked them anyways, they're just.... there. xD I don't correct others when they call it gold or anything again I only call it budder to be funny :3 and when people say "NU IT'S BUTTER NOT GOLD YOU SAID THE G WORD :O" I just respond with "You call it what you want, I'm still going to call it Gold." but I respect your point and how it is annoying, but you were wrong when you said all of his fans are 12 and under
10/15/2013 10:49 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
aperson123
Sky's videos are funny and good but I mean, WHAT THE HELL IS BUDDER? Im fine with butter but seriously?! Ik sky didnt come up with budder. Sky's good but the "budder" thing has gotten out of control..
aperson123
Sky's videos are funny and good but I mean, WHAT THE HELL IS BUDDER? Im fine with butter but seriously?! Ik sky didnt come up with budder. Sky's good but the "budder" thing has gotten out of control..
aperson123
10/15/2013 10:45 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
nyancatrox1
He has a very good channel. He has annoying little subscribers. Done.
10/15/2013 9:46 am
Level 34 : Artisan Taco
Duckgod
His ignorant fan base is full of brats, kids, and people who say budder.(DRUG LOVERS) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budder
10/15/2013 9:38 am
Level 23 : Expert Artist
SnowyKaida
I do like him but I don't like his fans Too many ask "sky can i b in ur vidos!!1!!" Where as its very easy to get into a video by youtubers if you in the right place at the right time, seeing as I used that to manage to get into a video by Antvenom and LDshadowlady :p
10/15/2013 9:34 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
The_Sowhart
The one thing I hate about him is that his fanbase cannot follow a simple request from him, He has said multiple times to keep the whole 'Budder' crap to his channel and to respect that some people say gold, and do they do that? Nope! Nope, not at all.
Its sickening.
10/15/2013 9:21 am
Level 27 : Expert Blockhead
PorkchopAlmighty
I like him, but he is kinda to loud. His fans are mostly 8 year old kids that are wannabes. MCnames : SkyDoesminecraft837 or Realskydoesminecraft745...

But he is cool
10/15/2013 7:47 am
Level 35 : Artisan Unicorn
CreepyAndCo
I don't really care about him, and to think that squids are demonic, but his fans... ugh... they go all like "YO WASSAP MY BUDDA BROS I HATE DOES SQUIDDIES BRO LIKE MAN THEY TRY AND TAKE MY BUDDA YO MY BUDDA IS SO BUDDA-LIKE LIKE BUDDA BUDDA YO YO!!!" like wtf?
10/15/2013 8:03 am
Level 40 : Master Geek
Ping0pong
Awesome impersonation!! You should go into acting.
10/15/2013 4:20 am
PeachyG1rl
i AM a recruit, but i don't even hate squids. or like them. i just walk past them. i sometimes call gold budder (or butter) but not usually.
10/15/2013 4:12 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Mage
BossCreations
HATE... Sorry

Firstly.
*Sarcasm* OH WOW SKY YOUR SO COOL CALLING GOLD BUTTER... DAFUQ?

Secondly.
90% OF HIS VIDEOS IS HIM SCREAMING OR SHOUTING

Thridly.
Why not watch someone who is actually entertaining and interacts more like Sethbling Captainsparklez or AntVenom
10/15/2013 3:55 am
KateUptonPvP
Wanna be my friend?
10/15/2013 1:03 am
Jaxtrm_
Hate Sky, hate his fan base... my sisters like is videos and their friend is another BudderLover (#budderlover). I love squids personally. My "mascot" is Scuba Cow, so of course aquatic animals are something I'd enjoy. Also, I have a blog about names you can use to replace gold. I might remember to post the link here.
10/14/2013 11:55 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
Creepis
I am not a fanboy of sky, but I do enjoy his videos.
'nuff said.
10/14/2013 11:51 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
PhD
I personally find Sky annoying (Probably due to all the yelling) but he has my respect for gaining such a large fan base. Some of his fans can get extremely out of hand but I don't believe most are like that. (I may be wrong, but I haven't really seen any Butter spammers as of late)
10/14/2013 11:25 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Nerd
Conan_mc
I think sky is an excellent youtuber, but the cult of budder freaks/pro squid-haters make me wanna kill myself, if you are gonna call gold butter, call it butter not budder! budder is an addictive drug get it straight!
10/14/2013 11:24 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Prince
MayuriYandere
200th post wwooot okay here's my take on this
like his videos
just not the fans
and he should stop swearing. i swear a lot, just not into a microphone where a bunch of 7year olds can hear me drop the bomb
10/14/2013 11:16 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Black Thunder Kyurem
F off from Sky!
Its the fans not him!
Maybe just ask him to tell the fans?!
Think about it before you write something stupid!
10/14/2013 10:42 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
SpectralK
Honestly, I like him. He's a funny dude, though some of his stuff can be a bit bland at time. I say the reason that people hate him so much is one because of his fanbase, and two because some people just don't enjoy the same stuff he does. People have their own opinions, but people shouldn't really "hate" SkyDoesMinecraft since he hasn't done much wrong except for entertain millions.
10/14/2013 9:56 pm
Level 22 : Expert Unicorn
brawley12
Does anybody know what budder is? Reasons why 10 yr and younger shouldnt be saying this stuff
10/14/2013 9:46 pm
Level 40 : Master Musician
SpartanSkeleton
You know what this reminds me of? United States Politics.
Every last one of you are trying to force your point into everyone else's face, flaming this thread so hard you are turning it into its own layer of hell.

None of you know this guy in real life and none of you know his intentions, You are all just yelling at each other; "Yes butter", "No butter and swearing"

How does this help? Has nobody seen the news lately? The US Government shut down because of adult versions of most of you people. You all would make great politicians.
10/14/2013 9:45 pm
Level 25 : Expert Ninja
jai290
i agree with ping0pong
10/14/2013 10:48 pm
Level 40 : Master Geek
Ping0pong
10/15/2013 10:31 am
Level 23 : Expert Skinner
Back_In_Five
Mother of god I died at "LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"
10/15/2013 9:22 am
Level 27 : Expert Blockhead
PorkchopAlmighty
Its so true. Like wtf? Its weird how weird kids can be these days
10/14/2013 10:52 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
SpectralK
Honestly, Sky has nothing to do with everyone wanting gold to be butter. He even said that people don't have to say it. So tell me how it's Sky's fault for everyone calling gold butter. He didn't force anyone to do it, really. It wasn't even his choice that everyone chose to use it.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome