Medieval Character Lore

Pysisco8's Avatar Pysisco810/3/16 3:02 pm
1 emeralds 219 3
10/3/2016 4:17 pm
raidarr's Avatar raidarr
I've started to play a ton on this Medieval Roleplay server..Filled with many talented RPers, And I'd like to know general tips about how to create good lore people will like,
Or use. I just struggle with it in general. I do understand that I do need to ad my own take on it of course. As said before, I'd just like general tips or Ideas.
For example :
Abilities, Backstories ect.

Your noob,
Pysisco8
Pysisco8
Level 8 : Apprentice Hunter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/03/2016 4:17 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
-Try to be a bit original, but don't shy from taking *some* inspiration from media you like that's relevant. Inspiration, not copy.
-Read what you make and see if it makes sense, don't put something that's on the outer edges of fantasy "realism" in just for the sake of "being unique".
10/03/2016 4:03 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Hunter
Pysisco8
Thanks, Appreciate it. I'll take a shot at it.
10/03/2016 3:55 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Mage
dazalius
What i would suggest, is start with either an Archetype, or a personality trait. For example, lets take the character i made called Faehon Fireborn: I started with a personality trait, he has an absurd amount of blades that he has on him at all times. (3 longswords, 2 shortswords, 10 daggers). from there i try to visualize what i want the character to look like. for Faehon i imagined a sort of Flyn Rider character with medium lenght red hair. sort of like Jaqen H'ghar from game of thrones (the faceless man). Once you get that you'll find the other details seem to fall into place. I got the idea that he is obsessed with dragons, and so all his weaponry is in dragon shapes and his leather armor is layered in a scale pattern. he also has a "dragonscale" cloak (its not actualy dragonscale he just claims it is.) once i have several details about the character (and the details don't have to be too in depth) i think to his backstory, where did he grow up? who are his parents? why did he start adventureing? how did he get to where he is now? for Faehon i desided that he would have grown up in a small village, and when he was young, a dragon attacked his village, killing his parents, leaving him with a nasty burn on his back, and giving him a crippleing fear of dragons. Once you get a good baseline ideas just sort of come to you.

You can also start with an archetype instead of personality trait, but thats harder to make unique. You want to distinguish your characters as much as possible from "Normal" or Cliche. And remember, the mor detail you put into a character the easyer it will be to rollplay them
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome