Microsoft blocking Forge, conspiracies?

ShelLuser's Avatar ShelLuser9/19/18 6:54 pm history
3 emeralds 263 2
9/19/2018 9:30 pm
mosquitobrain's Avatar mosquitobrain
Hi gang!

So just like everybody else I'm also anxious to see when some of the major projects (OptiFine, Spigot, Paper, Forge, LiteLoader) are going to support 1.13. However, I don't really use any bookmarks (in most browsers that I'm familiar with the whole bookmark feature can often be quite an annoying hassle) so I usually rely on the browsers URL completion (so: you type in (parts of) an url and the browser completes it with your most used links) and search engines.

I can easily search multiple engines using only the url entry field ("g <stuff>" searches on Google, "d <stuff>" uses Duck Duck Go, "mc <stuff>" uses the Minecraft wiki, and so on). So yeah, I've been seeing this warning for quite a few days now (I think this lasted longer than a week so far):

... and it strikes me as odd because I don't notice anything wrong with the Forge website. It's also a bit peculiar because usually both Google and Bing share warnings like these, it's somewhat weird to see only Bing sending warnings about a particular site.

Of course what makes it a little more bizarre is the Microsoft -> Mojang -> 3rd party projects angle.

So what do you think? Conspiracies or just an administrative fluke?

My take on all this is simple: I don't believe in Microsoft conspiracies and them suddenly becoming the "evil Minecraft overlords" who are ruining the entire game. In my opinion it's actually quite the opposite: if you look at the features of Minecraft 1.13 then you'll see that we got access to options which were pretty much unheard of a couple of years ago. We can do and customize more things than ever before (now only looking at the game from a vanilla perspective).

But having said that I still think such a warning (and plain out blockade!) is a bit strange.

Poll ended 10/03/2018 6:54 pm.

ShelLuser
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer