Minecraft 1.15 is not ready

Minecraftian8887's Avatar Minecraftian888711/21/19 2:56 pm
2 emeralds 991 7
11/21/2019 9:24 pm
Brew106's Avatar Brew106
Mojang just uploaded the 1.15 pre release 1 to the launcher, and in the minecraft website you'll see that the confirmed launch date for the full version will be december 10th, so just 2 pre releases more, but I think they should wait a little bit longer, let me explain.

Many snapshots ago, they revealed that the 1.15 uptade would be focusing on bug fixing and optimizations, but as of now, just 3 weeks away from the full release, the game still performs terribly.

In comparison to 1.14.4, yeah, it runs a little bit better, but the fact that it can't even run at 30 fps without lag spikes every second and that they haven't fully organized the spaguetti code that has been just getting worse with each and every update, and seeing that multiplayer is still clunky, they should push the release date further into december, unless one of the 2 pre releases remaining are a huge overhaul or optimization to the game's code (which I see very unlikely), the update won't have fully delivered on what they promised.

On the other hand, all these bug fixes they have been doing are amazing, even though there are still a bunch of them remaining and popping, minecraft will truly improve in the functional side of things, and it will be more consistent in its mechanics when the update launches.

I still remember playing on the latest versions at 60+ fps without optifine back in the day, I just hope they truly optimize the game.
Minecraftian8887
Level 20 : Expert Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/21/2019 6:40 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
So the pre-1 can't run at 30fps without lagspikes you say? Uhm, right...

So this is a 1.15-pre1 running on my PC with LAN sharing enabled (as you can see my friend Aya is also online) and to top if off I have pretty much everything maxed out. Not to brag or anything but providing context: 32chunk render distance, 5x5 biome blend, fancy graphics, max. smooth lightning, fancy clouds and 50% brightness. I'm also using a resource pack (which also taxes the game).

Well, see above.

And as to spaghetti code: bollocks. Unless you're a developer you have no clue what the code base looks like. As an outsider the best you can do is try to reverse engineer said code, Java is somewhat notorious for allowing that, but don't hold your breath there. The result from reverse engineering is by far the same as the original code base. If that looks like spaghetti code then seriously: you're barking up the wrong tree.

The only thing I do agree with is that 1.15 doesn't really seem ready, this has got to be the most boring and lackluster update so far. I thought 1.14 was "meh" but that was mostly because 1.13 had added so extremely much. But this? Bees and some "bee related" blocks.

Now, sure, bees can be fun and useful. But I'm still a little disappointed that the fletching & smithing tables don't do anything just yet. They can still be crafted as far as I know (reminds me to check) but the end result is a block which does nothing for you, which I think is kind of bad.
11/21/2019 9:24 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
Brew106
I mean I want this released for Redstone engineers the bee-related blocks are pretty revolutionary, but I did make a whole section of my server dedicated to building my own village and yeah they should add usage to the fletching and smithing tables.
11/21/2019 5:08 pmhistory
Level 42 : Master Dragonborn
IndyJacksonTT
1.14.4 runs at 90 fps for me and my pc is low level.
11/21/2019 4:48 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Architect
CrystelleCore
The lag spikes may be a problem with your computer. It runs fine for me.
11/21/2019 4:54 pm
Minecraftian8887
I imagine that's the case, but in 1.12.2 and before it wasn't like that, and I imagined that the optimizations they said they were going to make would be noticeable between 1.14.4 and 1.15, but the performance aspect it's almost unnoticeable.
11/21/2019 4:17 pm
Level 24 : Expert Robot
C0okies_n_Cream
yeah and 1.14 also made chunk loading way differint and makes it a bit crappy
11/21/2019 4:42 pm
Minecraftian8887
Even though they optimized it and improved it in the snapshots, it's still not good.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome