Minecraft, future changes

AGTRigorMortis's Avatar AGTRigorMortis11/19/18 6:41 am
2 emeralds 95
With regards to changes to future Minecraft, I'm fine with further changes to the game under the following conditions

1) they don't remove mob spawners, they've existed in the game for a long time and once encountered we should be able to use them for farming certain items, monsters do spawn naturally at night time on top side in the dark, but people don't want landscape being constantly ruined by Creepers just to acquire certain items, and obsidian, while abundant in the form of lava, still takes time to mine, it's the hardest substance underneath bedrock.

2) they don't disable cobblestone or iron golem farming, I'm serious, such a change would cause me and a friend of mine to not play as it would ruin an important aspect of the game for us, we love building factories in survival, we don't feel like playing on a modded Minecraft world or with cheats enabled just to make up for such changes shoved down our throats undemocratically, we didn't ask Mojang to do this, those who do, I have to ask why are they so selfish? it's a sandbox game for a reason, creativity is part of what Minecraft what it is today, not just survival aspects, and we should be allowed to do certain builds even in legit survival mode.

3) Don't remove the mending enchantment, I've seen suggestions to nerf that one to the point of inconvenience, but that would totally ruin the point of mending to begin with, which is to make your armour, swords or bows last forever so long as you acquire enough XP. It's not like you're not making a sacrifice for this, you are, you don't level up as easily if any item of yours is damaged and needs durability points, that's the trade off. Does that sound overpowered to you?

4) Don't buff Creepers to the point where blast protection becomes ineffective or useless (1 hit kill), it's bad enough that they can sneak up on you without you being able to hear them, and that sometimes they can one shot you with full regular iron armour on, and they're not the only mob survival players have to contend with, leave their explosion damage output as is.

5) Important, but isn't it time we had more dimensions? like the Aether? I would like to see that and perhaps Twilight Forest be added to the official game at some point, which would make Minecraft more fun for everyone. I'm not in favour of forcing such changes, because it's not like it takes anything away from people who for whatever reason would disagree with those changes, they could simply not go to those dimensions and play Minecraft as if they were the older versions, nothing changes for those people gameplay wise.

6) remove the annoying af 256 block limitation on the Y coordinate. Bedrock edition uses a more efficient code base than Java virtual machine, I think most Minecraft players would appreciate the removal of this as it would allow for far more creativity than ever before. Technology has changed a lot since Minecraft's original release. Not a lot of gamers are stuck on Windows XP. Most are on Windows 7 and Windows 10 64bit respectively. https://www.statista.com/statistics/265033/proportion-of-operating-systems-used-on-the-online-gaming-platform-steam/
AGTRigorMortis
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner