*Minecraft Is Getting Ruined*

RenegadeRad's Avatar RenegadeRad3/8/16 9:17 am
1 emeralds 1.9k 39
3/9/2016 5:36 am
RenegadeRad's Avatar RenegadeRad
Please note that I have been extremely fair in this, and this is a very serious discussion, PLEASE READ IT ALL before posting a reply because I have put minor details everywhere, if you are a working and a dedicated part of the community, this is for you. Mods, I want this thread to keep going, as well as I want people here to use their brain fairly, and not get against me just due to fanboyism or any other nonsense reason. This is a serious movement, and start of a protest. Mods keep an eye please.

HELLO HOOMANS

We all know that Minecraft is a very big and famous community all over the globe, and the game allows endless possibilities. Now it is true that people are having problems with 1.9 and stuff, but the thing is that I personally like it if the game is updating, even though the developers are somewhat making it overdone and making the game loose its aspect. But today we are not going to discuss about the game - Except we are going to discuss about the community.

First of all note that our community is extremely creative, funny, friendly and there are overall no problems. Don't stick to the good stuff and say "OH NO THE GAME IS GOOD HURR DURR" I know the game is good, but if you don't take a stand against the bad it will only eventually eat the good. And as a community it is our duty and responsibility to solve it.

I wanted to discuss here because arguably the Minecraft Community members of PlanetMinecraft are the most mature out there (Thanks Paril and Cyprezz) This discussion is not about the community from the ''inside'' but also from the outside, meaning in front of rest of the world. Minecraft is so huge that there is hours worth of videos uploaded every minute or so on YouTube. Technically everyone knows Minecraft, from parents to other community of games and memes.

THE PROBLEM IS - THE IMMATURE AND DARK PART OF THE COMMUNITY

Planetminecraft handles some of the things with strict moderation, but I am talking about the whole Minecraft community. See, now it is nature of ''average'' people to frame a whole community when only 1 of the community members does something wrong. The reason is because no matter how good something people have been given, they only concentrate on the bad part, I know it is compulsory but people actually frame the whole community bad when they spot the bad. But, I know you all reading this are not like that, but the ones who witness the Minecraft community are like that.

Second, please note that everything and every part of the community is awesome, but I am going deep and taking out the bad part of the good part, the virus, the leech which is sticking on to the good to ruin it gradually, think of it as a game.

Now see this -

- This one is a bit disagreeable btw!

Now I am going to describe something - please keep all the words I wrote before in your mind, there are minor details and I am not criticizing everything.

So whats the bad part of the community?
1) Spam and Uncreativity - The people who if post or show the world something which is already been done, or being done, has copied content in it without credit, overuse of the same thing (spam), which for example creates the issue of teen skins in the society even though teen skins are not much of a problem. Majority of the servers have this issue, they have the same stuff, which is copied, YouTube lets play made by kids which is always a server playthrough or something related to PVP which is inspired from big youtubers is always spammed all over YouTube. Majority of these Minecraft Youtubers don't have interesting creative content. For example why can't they make a timelapse of their build? That would be amazing. It would also be good if your PVP playthroughs had some humor or creativity in it.
2) The under - teen (under 12) kids - They are extremely immature, noisy, uncreative and abusive that have been exposed to the internet and are creating a whole lot of Bigotry issue everywhere. Not all of them are like that, I am talking about the bad ones. And these bad ones are almost everywhere which makes the world again generalize and stereotype the Minecraft Community. These kinds of kids are also the ones who spam uncreativity all over the net. Under 12 should not be allowed to play until they are in supervision, because they are immature and don't have the brains to grasp the world. Even, they are small and they should play outside rather than sticking to the computer, teens and people above the age of 12 should be allowed exposure to the net (majority of them in supervision because they still are not experienced enough, not all but most of them.) as they now start to have a tough life and stress due to studies and the hitting of the reality of this world (not wanna sound melodramatic but it is true!).
3) Fanboyism/Fangirlism - This is the worst, If I like any kind of YouTuber, I would rather use my brain and see what that girl/guy is doing good or not, then like his/her work and also see whether they are good people or not. I know that most of us are the ''good fans'' but see this - as shown in the above videos the people and the famous members of the community did a bad thing and their fanboys/fangirls are treating them as gods and supporting them in everything. This is what I hate, why would you be mad for a person you just saw? You can look him as a friend, like him and agree with him, support him but why get mad and loose your humanity/brains everything for them? Parents should keep an eye on ''the immatures'' or if there are parents who don't care, the community should do something about it. Now, sometimes when the famous icon tells to do something or does something, the crazy fanbase tries to copy it making things worse. literally.
4) Fame - Now this is even worst. Remember when I told that when people notice something bad they frame the whole community as bad? Now imagine if someone famous (and if you are famous, its your responsibility that you represent where you are from) does something wrong, people will blame the community EVEN MORE. These "bad'' famous personalities will use their fanbase as an advantage to prove themselves wrong
5) Server business - Now this is short, but we should agree that majority of the servers (excluding the good servers and good owners) are as said before are complete spam and only purely made for collecting money. They are filled up everywhere, which makes it impossible for the good servers and owners to come out. Second, they break the EULA of Minecraft completely.
6) Not using your brain - Now lets talk about basically everyone here (not really, i'm joking) Ya'll in the heat of the game always shout anyone who defeats you as "HAX OMG DIE PLS" and stuff. Now this is wrong, when on servers or playing the game please use your brains, if a player plays better than you it does not mean he hacks. Your opponent must be glitched or would have lagged which made it look like he/she was hacking. There are ways of locating hacks in Minecraft, so look them up on https://hypixel.net/threads/guide-forms-of-hacks-and-how-to-find-them.75661/. Now also one thing - why do you as a player rush? Why don't use strategies in the game? Do you think rushing to your opponent make you look cool? No it wont, it would look like an ape who as an itchy butt has gone on a rampage. When you use strategies and play like real, you wont make the whole game a cluster*bad word* but make it more longer and interesting.

Now listen right, do know that I am not saying you to go these people and abuse at them, you will then directly become the ''fanboys and kids'' of the bad part of the community. In order to do this, WE NEED TO SHOW THE WORLD THAT THE MINECRAFT COMMUNITY CAN TAKE RESPONSIBILITY AND ACTUALLY HAS GOOD PEOPLE.

How to solve this?
1) Report - Report and discuss to other good non fanboy members of the community like on PlanetMinecraft, MinecraftForums or Facebook in details if you find something illeagle, non creative, copied, spam, a bad server, an immature player, a bad player, hacker or if any famous community icon is doing something bad. Then with lots of members take an action.
2) Be Fair - Be fair and don't stick to your opinions because you are dealing with a whole community here. Be fair, think for the both sides and if something is really bad, then take action. Discuss with people who have similar thinking. Its kinda like moderating ya know... which is not too strict... like PMC... (*hides*)
3) Raise a voice, start a movement - Tweet, post on forums anything bad like things mentioned before make the whole situation similar that to the FineBros incident.
4) Encountering - If you encounter a victim or the bad one, don't be rude, smartly discuss with them and point out their wrong which would silent them. Don't start to fight like an animal with them using abuse and stuff. Act savage, and be cool. Always listen to the victim but don't completely side with it as they may be lying or may not be completely correct.
5) Use your brain - I think I don't need to say anythig..
6) Victory Dance - Always play this song when you succeed in bringing down something bad.

We as a community have a responsibility, and we should do it. The whole FineBros incident that happened showed what can happen if a community stands up together. Similar to what GradeAUnderA did for YouTube. Similarly we will show the world Minecraft is not like LoL, CSGO or anyother careless community. WE CAN DO IT. AS ONE WE ARE WEAK BUT TOGETHER WE ARE STRONG. ALL IT TAKES EVIL MEN TO TRIUMPH IS WHEN THE GOOD MEN STAY SILENT.

Go to my twitter for further news

#MakeMinecraftGreatAgain #Trump2016 #Rad2016

RenegadeRad
Level 18 : Journeyman Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/09/2016 4:30 am
RenegadeRad
Kill me please
03/09/2016 2:37 am
RenegadeRad
This proves something big. First of all you hypocrites don't want to participate until something happens to you, then eventually it destroys you. Then you all did not read my words in details and tried to pinpoint every non sensical obvious thing just to prove me wrong. I again and again said that I'm pointing out the bad, I'm pointing out the bad then I also said that we should take responsibility. But no, you guys act casuall and do nothing about and and on top of that I learnt that I should leave the community, if I pinpoint something wrong. Ok then. Let the outside world see us dying out. And I am serious

Mods, please lock this thread and Mark my words. Bye bye planetminecraft. I have had enough of you.
Seriously this is what you wanted so this is how it's gonna happen. You don't want stand ups to improve something, rather you want to not care and look mature. I though being mature means taking responsibility.
03/09/2016 3:06 am
Level 25 : Expert Prince
astrashira
Can you NOT act like this?
YOU'RE being immature and irresponsible! Who cares what the community outside THIS website is like? MINECRAFT is NOT being RUINED!
I'm 11 1/4 and I'M even MORE mature THAN YOU ARE!
03/09/2016 3:14 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
koinu
The fact that you're using caps, and bragging about your maturity, is rather counter-intuitive to your statement.

But yes, please lock this thread.
03/09/2016 3:19 am
Level 25 : Expert Prince
astrashira
I'm not bragging
It's just a statement.
And please,
lock this thread I had enough
But whatever
03/09/2016 1:30 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Network
lilyboo
I don't agree with the part that most of the 12 years old should not be allowed to play.
And i think you know why
03/09/2016 12:26 am
Level 23 : Expert Dolphin
EmeraldEclipse
RenegadeRad
RenegadeRad
And no one is judging you, but still we have to remove the toxic part of the community

So how do you propose doing this? Are we going to screen levels of toxic-ness before players are allowed to run Minecraft? Or are we going to ask the griefers and hackers and all-around jerks to please stop, because a guy on the PMC forums wants them to?
03/09/2016 12:25 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
A community that doesn't have extremes is a bad community. A perfect utopia is boring as hell. Dissent, chaos, war, general mayhem are all productive, in the grand scheme of things. I like the trolls, the griefers, the kids, whatever you want to call them. They give us reason to feel good about ourselves, they give some reasons to move on to other things. It's a little overbearing for the topic, but adversity drives choice-making.

Dark Souls has an awful community that shuns new players and ostracizes people who refuse to git gud. It's an absolutely fantastic community, well regarded by most on the Internet, because of this individuality. You don't have to be a saint to be liked, Renegade. Personality, diversity, the spice in the soup is what makes the good stuff stand out. Suck it up. No one really has an issue with these people.
03/08/2016 10:03 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Spaceosaur
2) The under - teen (under 12) kids - They are extremely immature, noisy, uncreative and abusive that have been exposed to the internet and are creating a whole lot of Bigotry issue everywhere. Not all of them are like that, I am talking about the bad ones. And these bad ones are almost everywhere which makes the world again generalize and stereotype the Minecraft Community. These kinds of kids are also the ones who spam uncreativity all over the net. Under 12 should not be allowed to play until they are in supervision, because they are immature and don't have the brains to grasp the world. Even, they are small and they should play outside rather than sticking to the computer, teens and people above the age of 12 should be allowed exposure to the net (majority of them in supervision because they still are not experienced enough, not all but most of them.) as they now start to have a tough life and stress due to studies and the hitting of the reality of this world (not wanna sound melodramatic but it is true!).

That's purely you letting those annoying kids get to you. You state that they are annoying, you acknowledge that you don't like them, but if you let that get to you, your not really that more mature than them. A part of maturity is knowing when to do something.

6) Not using your brain - Now lets talk about basically everyone here https://hypixel.net/threads/guide-forms ... hem.75661/. Now also one thing - why do you as a player rush? Why don't use strategies in the game? Do you think rushing to your opponent make you look cool? No it wont, it would look like an ape who as an itchy butt has gone on a rampage. When you use strategies and play like real, you wont make the whole game a cluster*bad word* but make it more longer and interesting.

Now, wouldn't it be good if you thought and your opponent didn't? Doesn't seem like a problem to me. And why most people don't think about what they do is probably because this game isn't like FPS games where people win millions by being good. There are no ranks, there is no encouragement to get good. Minecraft is a pretty laid back game, there is no competitive aspects to it like COD or CS:GO.
03/08/2016 9:37 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
FoxyI'm not entirely sure what you're trying to accomplish with this or what your goal is.
You say this:
RenegadeRadNow listen right, do know that I am not saying you to go these people and abuse at them, you will then directly become the ''fanboys and kids'' of the bad part of the community. In order to do this, WE NEED TO SHOW THE WORLD THAT THE MINECRAFT COMMUNITY CAN TAKE RESPONSIBILITY AND ACTUALLY HAS GOOD PEOPLE.

but this is already common knowledge.

RenegadeRadHow to solve this?
1) Report - Report and discuss to other good non fanboy members of the community like on PlanetMinecraft, MinecraftForums or Facebook in details if you find something illeagle, non creative, copied, spam, a bad server, an immature player, a bad player, hacker or if any famous community icon is doing something bad. Then with lots of members take an action.

Two comments:

1. How do you expect this to solve the problem? Things like theft, illegal activity, spam, etc. are easily solved on sites like this with a simple report, which many people already do.
However, things like immature behavior of a specific individual or "a bad server" are both extremely subjective to begin with and out of the control of everyone but the people responsible. Sites like ours aren't able to punish a server because we personally think it's bad while there are people using it who like it. Because of this, there's not much reporting these things will do, so that just leaves your suggestion of discussing them with others in the community. Ultimately, however, this does little to nothing to help the situation since protesting these issues most likely won't solve them. Even if you went as far as creating something like a petition with thousands of signatures to have these people stop what they're doing or shut down a server, the decision is still entirely up to the ones you're protesting, who will likely just ignore you as long as there are still at least some people who support them.
2. As far as I can see, what you're suggesting already happens, despite everything I've just said. I can't tell you how many times I come across some person complaining about some Minecraft YouTuber, server, build team, specific individual players, etc. The two main reasons this tends to fail to get much attention or support are that the sheer number of individuals or groups that people complain about is too large and specific for anyone to keep up with, and that 99% of the time most people simply don't care about the thing people are complaining about because it only directly affects an extremely small amount of people not including themselves.
In the end, all this ends up accomplishing in the eyes of people outside the Minecraft community (as well as many within it as well) is making a large portion of the community look like a bunch of whiny kids complaining about hundreds of issues hardly anyone really cares about or can do anything about to begin with. This seems to be the exact opposite image you're wanting to create for the community.

When all you do to solve an issue is fervently protest a problem and hope that the amount of voices yelling the same thing will eventually cause someone else to fix the problem, you get what seems to be the modern concept of activism. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and much of the time the effort spent on protesting could have gone to actually solving the problem instead.

However in this case, even the realistic possible solutions have a pretty significant chance of failing so you're somewhat stuck at this point.

RenegadeRad2) Be Fair - Be fair and don't stick to your opinions because you are dealing with a whole community here. Be fair, think for the both sides and if something is really bad, then take action. Discuss with people who have similar thinking. Its kinda like moderating ya know... which is not too strict... like PMC... (*hides*)

I'm not entirely sure what discussing topics with people who have similar views as you will do to help you fairly consider the merit or validity of alternate or opposing viewpoints. In fact that's widely considered the exact opposite of what you probably want to do if your goal is to make an unbiased judgement or decision based on a fair analysis of all viewpoints.
If after considering all viewpoints you still come to the conclusion that "something is really bad," then you arrive at the issues seen in your first point.

RenegadeRad3) Raise a voice, start a movement - Tweet, post on forums anything bad like things mentioned before make the whole situation similar that to the FineBros incident.

The reason the FineBros were met with such a large opposition from the community was because if they succeeded, it would imply the possibility (for anyone) to do something that directly negatively affected everyone that used YouTube from every community. Law is not something you can simply choose to participate in or ignore as you like or see fit. This is completely different from something like a bad server or a bad player on it where you have the option to leave for a better alternative open to you at any time, and associating yourself with what you see as bad is in no way required.

RenegadeRad4) Encountering - If you encounter a victim or the bad one, don't be rude, smartly discuss with them and point out their wrong which would silent them. Don't start to fight like an animal with them using abuse and stuff. Act savage, and be cool. Always listen to the victim but don't completely side with it as they may be lying or may not be completely correct.

As someone who deals with this sort of thing on a daily basis, a situation in which immediately pointing out facts that prove someone wrong 'silences' the person arguing almost never happens. And I deal mainly in objective matters with that have a definite answer. Many of the situations you're talking about are subjective and have no definite answer, meaning you'll probably never encounter an instance in which a single response you give will solve everything.

RenegadeRad5) Use your brain - I think I don't need to say anythig..

no comment

RenegadeRad6) Victory Dance - Always play this song when you succeed in bringing down something bad.

no comment

This is good too.
03/08/2016 9:21 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Dragon
KittylikesAnime
YES THANK YOU FOR #2!!! Those little kids who rate all of my minecraft server projects on Hypixel bad are so immature! They rate everything poop to promote their own projects.
03/08/2016 8:02 pm
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
03/08/2016 9:35 pm
JozyP
Words of pure truth.
03/08/2016 7:06 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Strawberry
Luminescent
To solve this problem: singleplayer.
03/08/2016 6:59 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
Nyamaru
Ranting won't do anything..do you even realize that the staff won't change a thing no matter how much you even rant? One answer? Deal with it.
03/08/2016 6:59 pm
Level 21 : Expert Fish
MrCatSquid
The worst part about the community is the people that start arguments over it. People read the arguments, and then get opinions. Basically, rants are for wusses, just go singleplayer / chat off
I don't understand why people make such a big deal out of this stuff
03/08/2016 6:30 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to accomplish with this or what your goal is.
You say this:
RenegadeRadNow listen right, do know that I am not saying you to go these people and abuse at them, you will then directly become the ''fanboys and kids'' of the bad part of the community. In order to do this, WE NEED TO SHOW THE WORLD THAT THE MINECRAFT COMMUNITY CAN TAKE RESPONSIBILITY AND ACTUALLY HAS GOOD PEOPLE.

but this is already common knowledge.

RenegadeRadHow to solve this?

Two comments:

1. How do you expect this to solve the problem? Things like theft, illegal activity, spam, etc. are easily solved on sites like this with a simple report, which many people already do.
However, things like immature behavior of a specific individual or "a bad server" are both extremely subjective to begin with and out of the control of everyone but the people responsible. Sites like ours aren't able to punish a server because we personally think it's bad while there are people using it who like it. Because of this, there's not much reporting these things will do, so that just leaves your suggestion of discussing them with others in the community. Ultimately, however, this does little to nothing to help the situation since protesting these issues most likely won't solve them. Even if you went as far as creating something like a petition with thousands of signatures to have these people stop what they're doing or shut down a server, the decision is still entirely up to the ones you're protesting, who will likely just ignore you as long as there are still at least some people who support them.
2. As far as I can see, what you're suggesting already happens, despite everything I've just said. I can't tell you how many times I come across some person complaining about some Minecraft YouTuber, server, build team, specific individual players, etc. The two main reasons this tends to fail to get much attention or support are that the sheer number of individuals or groups that people complain about is too large and specific for anyone to keep up with, and that 99% of the time most people simply don't care about the thing people are complaining about because it only directly affects an extremely small amount of people not including themselves.
In the end, all this ends up accomplishing in the eyes of people outside the Minecraft community (as well as many within it as well) is making a large portion of the community look like a bunch of whiny kids complaining about hundreds of issues hardly anyone really cares about or can do anything about to begin with. This seems to be the exact opposite image you're wanting to create for the community.

When all you do to solve an issue is fervently protest a problem and hope that the amount of voices yelling the same thing will eventually cause someone else to fix the problem, you get what seems to be the modern concept of activism. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and much of the time the effort spent on protesting could have gone to actually solving the problem instead.

However in this case, even the realistic possible solutions have a pretty significant chance of failing so you're somewhat stuck at this point.

RenegadeRad2) Be Fair - Be fair and don't stick to your opinions because you are dealing with a whole community here. Be fair, think for the both sides and if something is really bad, then take action. Discuss with people who have similar thinking. Its kinda like moderating ya know... which is not too strict... like PMC... (*hides*)

I'm not entirely sure what discussing topics with people who have similar views as you will do to help you fairly consider the merit or validity of alternate or opposing viewpoints. In fact that's widely considered the exact opposite of what you probably want to do if your goal is to make an unbiased judgement or decision based on a fair analysis of all viewpoints.
If after considering all viewpoints you still come to the conclusion that "something is really bad," then you arrive at the issues seen in your first point.

RenegadeRad3) Raise a voice, start a movement - Tweet, post on forums anything bad like things mentioned before make the whole situation similar that to the FineBros incident.

The reason the FineBros were met with such a large opposition from the community was because if they succeeded, it would imply the possibility (for anyone) to do something that directly negatively affected everyone that used YouTube from every community. Law is not something you can simply choose to participate in or ignore as you like or see fit. This is completely different from something like a bad server or a bad player on it where you have the option to leave for a better alternative open to you at any time, and associating yourself with what you see as bad is in no way required.

RenegadeRad4) Encountering - If you encounter a victim or the bad one, don't be rude, smartly discuss with them and point out their wrong which would silent them. Don't start to fight like an animal with them using abuse and stuff. Act savage, and be cool. Always listen to the victim but don't completely side with it as they may be lying or may not be completely correct.

As someone who deals with this sort of thing on a daily basis, a situation in which immediately pointing out facts that prove someone wrong 'silences' the person arguing almost never happens. And I deal mainly in objective matters with that have a definite answer. Many of the situations you're talking about are subjective and have no definite answer, meaning you'll probably never encounter an instance in which a single response you give will solve everything.

RenegadeRad5) Use your brain - I think I don't need to say anythig..

no comment

RenegadeRad6) Victory Dance - Always play this song when you succeed in bringing down something bad.

no comment
03/08/2016 6:19 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Senpai
GrayRemnant
Do I have to stand, or can I remain seated and support you in the comfort of my chair?
03/08/2016 1:30 pm
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
exceptionally I agree with him

Thanks, but anyone can explain to me what happend with The Fine Bros.?
03/08/2016 1:29 pm
Level 78 : Legendary Engineer
FEX___96
avronaThis is another reason 1.9 is great. It creates this "natural selection barrier" against the unwanted parts of the community. For those of you that don't know, natural selection is the process of selecting animals best fitted for survival by having the animals that are worse at survival die as they are well.. worse at survival. 1.9 adds things like a fixed combat system, which helps filter away people who just spam click.

exceptionally I agree with him

don't like it, don't play it
(or use another version or mod it)
03/08/2016 1:25 pm
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
This is another reason 1.9 is great. It creates this "natural selection barrier" against the unwanted parts of the community. For those of you that don't know, natural selection is the process of selecting animals best fitted for survival by having the animals that are worse at survival die as they are well.. worse at survival. 1.9 adds things like a fixed combat system, which helps filter away people who just spam click.

I understand most of your points, but I don't understand this:

The whole FineBros incident that happened showed what can happen if a community stands up together.

Like what happend? Is it about React World or something? If so, what exactly happend?
03/08/2016 1:11 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
^^^^ thank you chron, that is a near-perfect reaction. could not have said it better had I wanted to try.
03/08/2016 1:03 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
*yawn*

ChronI don't normally comment on these types of threads, but after reading through some of the comments, I came to this realization:

Why does anyone care?

So what if it dies on a large scale? If you still enjoy it, the way it is/was (fun fact; every old version is still available to play, and I'm sure if enough of you "veterans" bucked up and got together, y'all could make the server y'all want), then why does it matter how other people enjoy it? You are not required to play 1.9, 1.8, or even the game at all. What matters is that people have fun. Mojang knows that some people, quite a few in fact, don't like that Minecraft isn't as "simplistic" as it used to be, so they made every old version accessible from the launcher. They also know that some people want new things added into the game decently frequently, so they update it every once and awhile, giving the people something fresh, something new. Want some of the new aspects, but not all of them? Mods are a thing.

C'mon, veterans. You've hung around long enough to know that you can make this game however you want it. And I'm sure that if you look hard enough someone else shares the same views as you on how the game should be played. There's no need to freak out. If Mojang cut the cord today, and you still had fun, so what? How other people play the game should not affect you, and how you think it should be played should not affect them.

Seriously, stop caring about other people and what they do. You're not forced to join the community in any capacity, and anyone that automatically lumps you in the company of those individuals just because you play the same game doesn't deserve your time.
03/08/2016 12:46 pm
Ivain
The reason I don't care about this attitude is because I've seen too many threads complaining about the minecraft community. I simply don't have the time or the will to formulate a proper relpy to each of them.

My advice: read Azimov's Foundation series, and take a good look at the "social inertia" he mentions in the first book.
03/08/2016 12:38 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
Flappo
Azie
RenegadeRad

Read my post again, I said the majority of the people frame a whole gaming community if someone does something bad. I don't care if you don't, because I know you are smart enough that you won't. But I'm talking about the parents of the games, the outside world which is not involved in gaming community does that

And no one is judging you, but still we have to remove the toxic part of the community

I understand your point. However, that doesn't change that trying to change people doesn't work. All you can do is do you.

Look at me sitting here trying to change you by telling you you can't change people. lol Good luck on your thread. I'm out.

So true.
03/08/2016 11:32 am
Level 36 : Artisan Cowboy
PsychoGuy141
I can't understand how a game where you try just to maybe survive and have fun with friends at times can turn in to something like this. Now people on youtube play it for profit. It's become a center of hate for people like (not insulting you if you like the game) COD elitist's because they think it's childish or for little kid's. Just because a game is rated E or T doesn't mean only children play it. Why have people in the community changed such a simple game into this sort of thing, does anyone remember what MC was like back in 1.5 or even before? That's when the game was really great don't get me wrong i still love the game but for me it just seems that it has changed a lot. But remember when you played it for the first time. Your first house. Your first death. That original community who loved the game then, that's almost gone now people have lost creativity. People create identical skins. Anyone else tire of the same old teen skins? And the same gamemodes are on nearly every server with nothing new. Is it really that hard to come up with something different?
03/08/2016 11:26 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
RenegadeRad

Read my post again, I said the majority of the people frame a whole gaming community if someone does something bad. I don't care if you don't, because I know you are smart enough that you won't. But I'm talking about the parents of the games, the outside world which is not involved in gaming community does that

I understand your point. However, that doesn't change that trying to change people doesn't work. All you can do is do you.

Look at me sitting here trying to change you by telling you you can't change people. lol Good luck on your thread. I'm out.
03/08/2016 11:18 am
RenegadeRad
Azie
RenegadeRad

It is damn true that if a community increases we eventually start to have bad people in it, but have you seen those videos? those are too insane! and why can't we do anything? is taking a stand wrong? Look what GradeAUnderA did when he took a stand, the CEO of Youtube listened. Literally

Thats true but we cannot stand this right? I mean everywhere nowdays where I live if you say something like "Yo, I play Minecraft" people start judging me. Also, we can improve them if we want.

A CEO making a business decision due to community backlash =/= changing hundreds of thousands of stupid people so they're not stupid anymore. They'll always be there. The only thing you can do is you. Actively trying to change other people is fruitless.

If I had a dollar for every time someone judged me for playing video games, being overweight, not being as pretty as someone else, having a mouth akin to a sailor, etc... then I'd be pretty rich. I can show those people that I'm not a bad person, but will that really change how they feel about a group of people as a whole? Probably not. I've been in that exact same boat.

CoD gets a pretty bad rap from people outside its community as unoriginal and toxic. You think it's unoriginal, whatever. My point is that I've met people who play CoD who were pretty cool people and I talked with them and hung out for a while and became friends with them. Did that change my mind about the CoD community as a whole? Not really. I'll acknowledge that there are some good eggs, but I've had far more bad experiences than good ones, especially in game chat.

03/08/2016 10:52 am
Ivain
Oh look, another rant. I wish I'd get a dollar for every rant on this subject that gets posted on any minecraft website. I wouldn't need to worry about rent then.
03/08/2016 1:10 pm
Level 78 : Legendary Engineer
FEX___96
Hehe, would be nice.
03/08/2016 10:54 am
RenegadeRad
Ivain pls. You are one of the smartest forum members I'v met. Please understand, why dis careless attitude?
03/08/2016 6:34 pm
Level 26 : Expert Pirate
Han Solo
Because this is like the millionth rant on this subject, everyone says the MC community is ruined but then they barely do anything about it, so honestly some people just don't care.
03/08/2016 6:41 pm
JozyP
Ya, and at the same time they blame children.
03/08/2016 10:49 am
Flappo
This is like, life.
But then in the Minecraft category.
All those things what are bad in the Minecraft community, are in our daily lives.
And we learn of live with that, so shouldn't we do the same with Minecraft?
Sure, be sure that there's not a -nope- or -nope- hunting for you, but you would do the same in real-life, wouldn't you?
03/08/2016 10:51 am
RenegadeRad
03/08/2016 1:15 pm
Flappo
That boat will eventually sink, no matter what.
The gap will keep expanding and they won't be able to handle it.
Same with minecraft.
Haters will stay coming because the community is expanding.
Eventually we'll be unable to handle it, we could handle it with a <1000 community, but you can't just force 21 million people to be nice to others..
03/08/2016 10:46 am
Azie
RenegadeRad

It is damn true that if a community increases we eventually start to have bad people in it, but have you seen those videos? those are too insane! and why can't we do anything? is taking a stand wrong? Look what GradeAUnderA did when he took a stand, the CEO of Youtube listened. Literally

Thats true but we cannot stand this right? I mean everywhere nowdays where I live if you say something like "Yo, I play Minecraft" people start judging me. Also, we can improve them if we want.

A CEO making a business decision due to community backlash =/= changing hundreds of thousands of stupid people so they're not stupid anymore. They'll always be there. The only thing you can do is you. Actively trying to change other people is fruitless.

If I had a dollar for every time someone judged me for playing video games, being overweight, not being as pretty as someone else, having a mouth akin to a sailor, etc... then I'd be pretty rich. I can show those people that I'm not a bad person, but will that really change how they feel about a group of people as a whole? Probably not. I've been in that exact same boat.

CoD gets a pretty bad rap from people outside its community as unoriginal and toxic. You think it's unoriginal, whatever. My point is that I've met people who play CoD who were pretty cool people and I talked with them and hung out for a while and became friends with them. Did that change my mind about the CoD community as a whole? Not really. I'll acknowledge that there are some good eggs, but I've had far more bad experiences than good ones, especially in game chat.
03/08/2016 10:34 am
RenegadeRad
AzieThese aren't new issues and you aren't the first person to complain about them or start a vague "take a stand protest". Like it or not, every community since the beginning of time contains stupid/immature people of all ages and this thread won't change that. You can't shout "take a stand" and expect change. What are you actually trying to do to change it? Post on social media using a specific hashtag? You might show some people some good, but the bad is still there. It's human nature to highlight/remember bad experiences and people who think of Minecraft and think "toxic" will probably always think that way.

Full disclosure: I can't stand children and that's why I'll never babysit. Now lets talk about why kids are arguably the most important part of our community, not a demographic to be completely alienated. Nowadays there are a lot fewer games available that are rated T and under. Minecraft is one of those games. We all eventually move on or end up playing less but kids are constantly being introduced, growing the community. Without them, our community would eventually die out.

03/08/2016 10:26 am
Azie
These aren't new issues and you aren't the first person to complain about them or start a vague "take a stand protest". Like it or not, every community since the beginning of time contains stupid/immature people of all ages and this thread won't change that. You can't shout "take a stand" and expect change. What are you actually trying to do to change it? Post on social media using a specific hashtag? You might show some people some good, but the bad is still there. It's human nature to highlight/remember bad experiences and people who think of Minecraft and think "toxic" will probably always think that way.

Full disclosure: I can't stand children and that's why I'll never babysit. Now lets talk about why kids are arguably the most important part of our community, not a demographic to be completely alienated. Nowadays there are a lot fewer games available that are rated T and under. Minecraft is one of those games. We all eventually move on or end up playing less but kids are constantly being introduced, growing the community. Without them, our community would eventually die out.
03/08/2016 9:37 am
RenegadeRad
Please write down your opinions here. Make a Stand!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome