Is Minecraft loosing popularity?

Haribo98's Avatar Haribo9811/9/12 1:15 pm
11/9/2012 2:16 pm
Cipher_Punk's Avatar Cipher_Punk
For me. It really is, all the new updates are just mod rip offs. Theres nothing **NEW** to make the long term players come back and enjoy the game. Whats your opinion?
Haribo98
Level 25 : Expert Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/09/2012 2:16 pm
Level 80 : Elite Grump
Cipher_Punk
In case you all missed it on the last page, I provided incontrovertible evidence that the things you are all saying now are the exact same things people have been saying since Alpha.

The game has not changed dramatically.

The updates are not getting worse.

The players have stayed the same as well.

I have been reading this exact same thread for two years. Stop it.
11/09/2012 2:14 pm
Level 22 : Expert Artist
FusionSwarly
-LollyLozy-
Haribo98For me. It really is, all the new updates are just mod rip offs. Theres nothing **NEW** to make the long term players come back and enjoy the game. Whats your opinion?

I suppose all of these new updates are just kinda covering up the cracks that lose popularity.

But I would LOVE something big to happen in the next update, because soon, people will be getting bored of Minecraft, if it's always the same old thing and nothing to blow you away and get excited about.
Like the placeable heads for instance...

i like the placeable heads

I didn't say they were bad, but if you're wanting something big to happen, you wouldn't exactly say..."YES! PLACEABLE HEADS!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!! THIS IS THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED IN MINECRAFT!!! HUZZAH! "
11/09/2012 2:13 pm
Level 20 : Expert Dragon
BLB1122
Its not loosing popularity but the new updates are sucky
11/09/2012 2:09 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Hunter
FusionSwarly
-LollyLozy-
Haribo98For me. It really is, all the new updates are just mod rip offs. Theres nothing **NEW** to make the long term players come back and enjoy the game. Whats your opinion?

I suppose all of these new updates are just kinda covering up the cracks that lose popularity.

But I would LOVE something big to happen in the next update, because soon, people will be getting bored of Minecraft, if it's always the same old thing and nothing to blow you away and get excited about.

i like the placeable heads
11/09/2012 2:05 pm
Level 23 : Expert Architect
LeonBass
Indeed, Minecraft has changed. These new updates are just small and I can't believe that I have to wait 1 - 2 months just for an update that adds stuff we would've already had like flower pots. I kind of wish that they saw my Minecraft Ideas blog already on PMC. These changes and lack of updates is the reason I barely play Minecraft anymore, but I don't want the game to die either. But at the same time, we as the community must find ways to show Mojang our ideas. I mean who knows, those big updates could come back again if we as the community help give them ideas. But the game's still great, it just needs more.

~LeonBass
11/09/2012 2:01 pm
Level 22 : Expert Artist

11/09/2012 1:54 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Miner
Phrozenbit
Why aren't people building even bigger and more awesome RPG worlds or something... Oh right people are to busy hackin' 'nd slashin' on PVP servers all the time

All this ranting and complaining about who doesn't like what in minecraft makes me want to sign off of PMC for a couple of months..

Lot's of people should be thankful towards Mojang, for listening to the community, and for working hard on the modding API.

Is Minecraft loosing popularity?

No!
11/09/2012 1:55 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Bunny
Typhlosionboy
I said that i would be proud if my mod (which i don't have...) was in vanilla D=
11/09/2012 1:48 pm
Level 40 : Master Procrastinator
-Rusty-
I wonder if mojang will die when minecraft sales *Stop*
11/09/2012 1:49 pm
-Rusty-
maybe they will have a goodbye party?

Like, wouldnt be cool, *THE LAST MINECON*
oh my bones get dead goose bumps
11/09/2012 1:47 pm
Level 80 : Elite Grump
Cipher_Punk
TheRustyCreeperall you ever see in minecraft now-a-days is community rants about what they want... (I miss notch).

http://web.archive.org/web/201011100119 ... um.php?f=1

11/09/2012 1:45 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
Zeranny

Most of the additions are not ripping of a mod. If a mod for it already existed it was more than likely a coincidence since the development team don't spend weeks searching through the thousands of mods.
Everything added is "**NEW**" and for the most part optional.
Minecraft is not seeing decline in sales.

Its not that minecraft is dieing, more this:

Jeb...Jeb is just running out of ideas! community really helps a lot, all you ever see in minecraft now-a-days is community rants about what they want... (I miss notch).

The day when Jeb stops updating minecraft, is when all the people will stop playing, because thats what makes minecraft the best game, it gets updated...

And BTW, mods arnt rip offs, they are just variations of the game which jeb didnt think off, srry you dont like them.
thats all I got

Jeb is not running out of ideas, even he has said he still has a lot to do. Also there is Dinnerbone who is bringing many new ideas to the table. Jeb is much better that Notch was at updating, sure notch gave us the basic MC but he didn't take it that far quickly enough. (not saying he was a bad developer)
Sidenote: negativity is voiced MUCH more than positivity on the internet.

When Jeb stops updating there will already be a mod API, MC wont die.
11/09/2012 1:44 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Bunny
Typhlosionboy
If my mod was in vanilla minecraft, i would be proud (not that i have any mods...)
11/09/2012 1:41 pm
-Rusty-

Its not that minecraft is dieing, more this:

Jeb...Jeb is just running out of ideas! community really helps a lot, all you ever see in minecraft now-a-days is community rants about what they want... (I miss notch).

The day when Jeb stops updating minecraft, is when all the people will stop playing, because thats what makes minecraft the best game, it gets updated...

And BTW, mods arnt rip offs, they are just variations of the game which jeb didnt think off, srry you dont like them.
thats all I got
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome