Minecraft, motivation to play.

AGTRigorMortis's Avatar AGTRigorMortis11/21/18 6:05 am
1 emeralds 203 3
11/21/2018 1:32 pm
BRASHEXODUS's Avatar BRASHEXODUS
I do have a couple of active realms, most people who have realms probably only have one.

But the reason I have 2 is because I have 1 for survival and 1 for creative mode and so friends can join either at any time and can pick their mode of gameplay without having to set up their own single player worlds.

Although I wished bedrock edition had 3 world slots like on Java, because the realms service on bedrock edition doesn't feel it is as much value for money for that reason, although we do have automatic cloud saves though, so that's good, just in case an error causes a problem preventing people logging in or if chunk errors occur forming holes to the void etc, both of which has happened to past worlds of mine.

chandlerklebs has witnessed these issues occur himself.

I must admit though I haven't had as much motivation to play recently.
Reason being it's been several years now and I feel like there isn't enough content being added, plus there's the 256 block height restriction on the Y coordinate which gets in the way of some plans of ours.

I know Java MC can be modded to support a theoretical infinite build height/altitude, but I can't shake the feeling that Mojang should've increased the height by now to at least 1024 or 2048 blocks, 4096+ would be ideal, at least as a world option. I can't fathom as to why they would allow 60 million by 60 million blocks on the X and Z coordinate but not on Y.

In the early days of Minecraft I could understand it, technology was more limited back then.
But I do not feel that argumentation stands anymore, especially since bedrock edition runs better and can support greater rendering distances unmodded. It's an unnecessary restriction that seriously limits the potential of the game.

In fact having infinitely farmable resources like iron, cobblestone, wood and food items makes even less sense due to that limitation in my opinion. My point is we don't have as much freedom for creativity because of the limitations Mojang has artificially imposed on their game.
AGTRigorMortis
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner