Minecraft, Pillager mob update question

AGTRigorMortis's Avatar AGTRigorMortis11/25/18 1:25 pm
2 emeralds 574 2
11/25/2018 8:33 pm
AGTRigorMortis's Avatar AGTRigorMortis
Ok, so survival mode is about to get another challenging hostile mob type introduced called the pillager.

I have a question regarding the raids

where exactly will these raids spawn? and under what circumstances do they spawn? please explain to me some factual information about it, not hearsay.

Will they spawn in villages and attack villages that are built by players?
or attack natural villages by NPC villagers and players who happen to be near them only?

We're going to need some new strategies to defend ourselves and villagers from this new mob type for sure, wondering if fences or iron doors will work. But they better be effective at stopping them. I don't want crops being ruined as a result of impossible to defend farmlands.
AGTRigorMortis
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/25/2018 6:44 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
There is a reason why snapshots are called that way: because it's a snapshot within the development cycle and anything can change at a developers whim. And Mojang usually don't release much detailed information about certain events.

Basically: it's way too early to start making strategies. Wait with that when we hit the RC period, then you can be fairly sure that the game you're playing will be the same as the official release.

See; this reminds me of the snapshot periods when the observer was introduced. Many people took it "as is" and starting building massive contraptions around it (with the idea that the signal output would be 1). Then Mojang made the output 15 and many "professional" (cough, cough, cough) Minecraft players had a fit because they had to redesign everything again.

Snapshots are just that and should be taken for what they are.
11/25/2018 8:33 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
AGTRigorMortis
We'll wait to see what happens

Hopefully AntVenom or ibxtoycat can fill us in on the details when this becomes part of the official game. It's probably not going to be as bad as I'm thinking it's going to be though. the Illager beast even with the pillager raids might have rare spawn rates, like the skeletons with skeleton horses do with lightning.

and it may be manageable by wearing decent armour and using powerful enchanted weapons. It's not like they're automatically spawning wither bosses after us, which would be dumb and cheap.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome