Minecraft Snapshot 20W06A NETHER UPDATE!

PMC's Avatar PMC2/6/20 1:00 pm history
34 emeralds 5.3k 45
3/13/2020 3:54 pm
AxolotlHackerGod's Avatar AxolotlHackerGod
File:Nether Update.png

Share your experiences, discoveries & screenshots with the community!

Minecraft just released the first Nether Update Snapshot and we couldn't be more excited! There are so many new features, blocks, biomes and a new ore in addition to bug fixes. It may just be our newest favorite update (nothing will ever beat the bees!) Alright, so here's the scoop!

🌳 NEW BIOMES!
Three to be exact! All unique and so tempting to explore!

CRIMSON FOREST

Crimson is another word for "Red" so it's no surprise that this biome is red-themed! Red also means danger, so tread lightly!

Huge fungi with weeping vines appear to make up the "trees" of this biome. The floor is covered in crimson Nylium with crimson roots growing, which you can't miss when entering this biome!

Hoglins wander these forests, you might spot them through the bright red fog!

File:Crimson Forest.pngCrimson Forest

SOULSAND VALLEY
This biome are LARGE cages composed mostly of Soul Sand and Soul Soil. You'll find Basalt pillars from floor to ceiling and fossil remains of unknown creatures!

What's that over there?! Is that a....skeleton?! Could hardley make it out with all of this ash falling in the air!

This biome offers a blue glow, making it inviting but also a bit eerie at the same time.

File:NetherCaveUpdate.png
Soulsand Valley

WARPED FOREST
You'll first notice the bright blue blocks beneath you - that's warped nylium carpets! New vegitation like warped stems and fungi can be found here! Similarly to the Crimson Valley, HUGE Warped Fungi make up the "trees" of this forest! Shroomlight light up the forest floor. Warped spores travel through the air.

This biome is the least hostile place of the three!

Note: The NETHER BIOME is now called Nether Wastes.

File:BlueNether.png
Warped Forest

crop_square NEW NETHER BLOCKS!
There's a lot of em! Like A LOT - and we're not complaining!
  • Blue Fire a variant of fire (pictured right) that gernerates in the soulsalnd valley. Fire lit of soul soil will be blue fire regardless of dimension
  • Nether Fungi two variants: Crimson and Warped. Bone meal grows them and can be used to breed hoglins!
  • Crimson and Warped Stem new wood-like materials; that make up the trunks in the netherwart forest
  • Soul Soil generates in the soulsand valley alongside soul sand. burns blue with a blue flame whenever fire burns on it. Also can be used to craft Soul Torches which can be crafted into Soul Lanterns
  • Basalt found as pillars in the soul Sand Valleys. Can be placed in any direction.
  • Warped Wart Block variant of the nether wart block and generates in the warped forest as part of the Nether trees.
  • Shroomlight a new natural light source! Resemples glowstone
  • Crimson and Warped Nylium grows on top of netherrack, and resembles grass blocks. Comes in red and blue.
  • Weeping Vines grow from the bottom of a block dowwnards
  • Ancient Debris spawns low and can be used to make Netherite.

Soul Fire JE1.gif

Blue Fire Variant

Crimson Stem

Warped Wart

Basalt

Shroomlight

NETHERITE
Netherite is the highest-level material and you can use to upgrade your diamond gear! Who would've thought that DIAMONDS could be upgraded...and if you couldn't tell, it's found in the Nether!

Items made with Netherrite last longer and work faster (i.e. TOOLS) and do more damage (i.e. WEAPONS).
  • items float in lava
  • Weapons do more damage than a diamont and armor has higher toughness and durability.
  • armor made of Netherite gives you knockback resistance, so you barely get knocked back at all!
Alright I must need it but how do I make it?!

First, you must mine Ancient Debris in the depths of the nether. Then refine it in a Furnace to make Netherite Scrap!

The recipe is: 4 Nether Scrap + 4 Gold Ignots = Netherite Ingot!

Netherite

pets A NEW MOB!

OH. MY. Gersh! Look at that HOGLIN! Yep, that's the NEW MOB! You'll find them walking around aimlessly in the Crimson Forest and as of right now, they don't hurt you. Kill them if you must, but you won't reap any benefits besides a rotten flesh. And the loss of your dignity.

Baby Hoglin

GET THE SNAPSHOT
To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.

assignment IS THAT IT?!
Nope, there is so much more to this update than we can put into this post. Feel free to read Mojang's full release notes here!
You can also check out all of the new additions and specifics about almost everything in the 1.16 Update by visiting the Minecraft Wiki!

20W06A Bug Squishes

• MC-17431 - Shift-clicking stacked items with a data tag into the enchanting table GUI removes data tags from the moved item
  • MC-45619 - Water, Signs, Vines, Torches etc. in the same block as item frame break item frame’s redstone signal
  • MC-52178 - Cape doesn’t move down while sneaking / Cape detaches from body while sneaking
  • MC-59363 - Items in item frames are deleted if both mouse buttons are used simultaneously
  • MC-82235 - Baby pigs turn into adult zombie pigmen when struck by lightning
  • MC-92889 - Mending doesn’t always consume experience if the player wears items with mending that are already fully epaired
  • MC-93198 - Throwing potions / throwable projectiles causes both hands to bob up and down
  • MC-93631 - Pistons pop off blocks attached to their back when retracting
  • MC-96436 - Eggs/snowballs/xp-bottles break instantly when thrown while riding a horse
  • MC-97958 - Small slime has no jump or squish sound
  • MC-103655 - Cats don’t stand up when using right click on them while they’re sitting on chests or beds
  • MC-109370 - Bottom face of column blocks are rotated 180 degrees
  • MC-109844 - en_us.json contains unused strings
  • MC-109850 - Redstone wire doesn’t have a bottom texture
  • MC-112630 - Carrot on a stick cannot be broken
  • MC-113381 - Falling dust particles of anvil and concrete powder blocks are black
  • MC-120335 - Flower pot bottom texture is not rendered because of incorrect “uv” values in the model file
  • MC-131440 - The message for trying to sleep at the wrong time implies that you can only sleep at night during a thunderstorm
  • MC-131770 - Rain particles appear one block below the water or lava surface
  • MC-132607 - Splitting slimes and magma cubes do not copy NoAI value
  • MC-134162 - Item entities can break turtle eggs
  • MC-136868 - Ignited TNT, arrow or trident turns black when it falls on soul sand or snow layers
  • MC-138600 - Cats don’t bring gifts if they have already decided to sit on your bed
  • MC-140544 - Pickaxes don’t speed up piston breaking
  • MC-148474 - Sloped powered detector rails break when pushed or pulled by a piston
  • MC-149052 - Stonecutter recipe list doesn’t show item tooltips
  • MC-149776 - Cartography Table requires string for the recipe to show up in the recipe book
  • MC-150020 - Composter is in the “Miscellaneous” category instead of “Decoration” like the other workstation blocks
  • MC-154867 - Tamed cats remain sitting if the world is reloaded while the cat is sitting on a chest
  • MC-158807 - You can remove cursed enchantments on items by repairing them in inventory
  • MC-159300 - Villagers that have been infected by a zombie can despawn, even if they have been traded with
  • MC-159773 - Shulkers can teleport to non-solid faces, and don’t teleport to some solid faces
  • MC-159918 - Foxes don’t run from polar bears
  • MC-159963 - Minecarts can break turtle eggs
  • MC-160897 - Dropping an item using the drop key displays the hand animation but dropping items from within the inventory does not
  • MC-160902 - Arm swings when right-clicking on full minecart
  • MC-161156 - Silverfish and endermites appear black on soul sand
  • MC-161259 - Using the carrot on a stick while riding a pig plays no hand animation
  • MC-162881 - Composter doesn’t display particles when being fed composting items through a hopper
  • MC-163286 - /setblock ~ ~ ~ air destroy does not destroy liquids
  • MC-164184 - Breaking a shulker box with contents in Creative mode drops the block at an incorrect location
  • MC-164948 - Entity shadow renders through transparent blocks
  • MC-167077 - Foxes sleep on top of honey blocks, even in broad daylight
  • MC-167512 - Glass in the hand is rendered differently depending on the “Clouds” setting
  • MC-167989 - Spawn point is not set when monsters are nearby
  • MC-168540 - Threads created by net.minecraft.Util.backgroundExecutor() have misleading names
  • MC-168772 - Experience orbs can crush turtle eggs
  • MC-169679 - Composters do not make sounds when fed by hoppers
  • MC-169692 - Entity shadow floats slightly above the ground
  • MC-169832 - Transparent item models have inconsistent rendering when a glowing entity is present
  • MC-170128 - Cannot build an EntityType without a datafixer due to an IllegalArgumentException

Member Snapshot Videos:
1.16 Snapshot Overview by MissC-YT
Minecraft 1.16 Nether Update Snapshot by Shireen
Nether Snapshot Build Hacks and Tips by AdieCraft

What are you looking forward to with this update?
Vote in the poll or comment below!
PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake