Minecraft Speed Drop Issue

Rova's Avatar Rova11/14/11 4:05 pm
11/14/2011 8:27 pm
Rova's Avatar Rova
Im curious to see if anyone else gets this problem on occasion. It happened to me just now: I log into the game, and everything's running fine, normal speed, no lag, nothing out of the ordinary. I log into my singleplayer file to continue working on my project and about 15 seconds in, everything slows down so much that it's impossible to play the game. I hit my esc key to bring up the menu, and it took 6 seconds for it to show up. Trying to move around was impossible: going forward like 2 blocks took about 12 seconds and the screen skipped a lot.

Minecraft normally runs just fine for me. What's going on?
Rova
Retired Moderator
Level 57 : Grandmaster Baconator

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/14/2011 8:27 pm
Rova
Also, check for Java updates. I was 3 versions behind.
11/14/2011 7:12 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Ranger
Falkerneer
Maybe the map is corrupted? Just a guess because you said your others were fine
11/14/2011 7:11 pm
Level 45 : Master Enderdragon
s15c
It's probably because of the AutoSave feature. Try getting OptiFine and changing it to saving very rarely and make sure you let the game save before you close the game. Should solve the lag spikes.
11/14/2011 8:07 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Artist
Trillium
Oh my god thank you so much! Optifine fixed the problem for me. Never knew such a mod existed!
11/14/2011 8:25 pm
Rova
Genius
11/14/2011 7:07 pm
Trillium
Warhawker
RovaIm curious to see if anyone else gets this problem on occasion. It happened to me just now: I log into the game, and everything's running fine, normal speed, no lag, nothing out of the ordinary. I log into my singleplayer file to continue working on my project and about 15 seconds in, everything slows down so much that it's impossible to play the game. I hit my esc key to bring up the menu, and it took 6 seconds for it to show up. Trying to move around was impossible: going forward like 2 blocks took about 12 seconds and the screen skipped a lot.

Open your map in mcedit and look for any entity overloads.

Sounds like too many items or mobs lagging the client.

Just tried this, and i cleared all entities from my player area and it's still laggy. Dx
11/14/2011 6:56 pm
Level 44 : Master Modder
Warhawker
RovaIm curious to see if anyone else gets this problem on occasion. It happened to me just now: I log into the game, and everything's running fine, normal speed, no lag, nothing out of the ordinary. I log into my singleplayer file to continue working on my project and about 15 seconds in, everything slows down so much that it's impossible to play the game. I hit my esc key to bring up the menu, and it took 6 seconds for it to show up. Trying to move around was impossible: going forward like 2 blocks took about 12 seconds and the screen skipped a lot.

Open your map in mcedit and look for any entity overloads.

Sounds like too many items or mobs lagging the client.
11/14/2011 4:53 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Bunny
Hiyadudez
I have this probelm. Just reload your MC and it should all run smoothly again.
11/14/2011 5:24 pm
Trillium
I have several times, it doesn't fix it.
11/14/2011 4:26 pm
Trillium
Rova, I'm on 1.8 as well and I'm having the same problem as you. I've tried redownloading a fresh jar and all that, but it's extremely laggy.
11/14/2011 4:17 pm
Level 28 : Expert Dragonborn
xJesterJoex
Well , this usually happens to me if I go on another program for like 10 mins , then suddenly jump back in to mc. Hope this helps
11/14/2011 4:16 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Taco
Shadowraix
I have also been getting recent lag. I've been getting this after the sound update for the chests and doors. It happens both in singleplayer and multiplayer.
11/14/2011 4:20 pm
Rova
Hmmm... I didnt know there was an update XD (Im still in 1.8)

That would explain it though. Im glad to see Im not the only one who's experienced this... anomaly...
11/14/2011 4:08 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Unicorn
ettiyeti
well u said that minecraft was working perfectly on a server well thats a comp running everything it might just be that yur minecraft is super laggy today and the server u were on was really good
11/14/2011 4:13 pm
Rova
Maybe... I wonder what causes the random lag though. I tried both my multiplayer and singleplayer maps, and it's the same story both sides.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome